Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

What Type Of Data Do Isps And Telecom Providers Retain In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Type Of Data Do Isps And Telecom Providers Retain In Nigeria? (625 Views)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / The New Airtel 10 Padis With Free 15mb Of Data. / Mtn Free 1gb Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Data Do Isps And Telecom Providers Retain In Nigeria? by Nov1ce(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Soooo, I've had this question in my head for a while now and watching a TED talk on "The dark side of data" just pushed me to ask this question.
In Europe for instance, a bill was signed that allowed Telecom providers store everything about the end users (phone calls, your location... everything) for 6 - 24 months. Attempts have failed in America to pass data retention laws.

What about Nigeria? Are there any laws? or can ISPs and Telecom companies do as they like?
For example the case of Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola, where did the recorded conversation come from?
Re: What Type Of Data Do Isps And Telecom Providers Retain In Nigeria? by hammedkola(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nov1ce: Soooo, I've had this question in my head for a while now and watching a TED talk on "The dark side of data" just pushed me to ask this question.
In Europe for instance, a bill was ......

What about Nigeria? Are there any laws? or can ISPs and Telecom companies do as they like?
For example the case of Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola, where did the recorded conversation come from?

Yes there is a law, and to that of FL & FO, rumour had it that the conversation was recorded by Femi
Re: What Type Of Data Do Isps And Telecom Providers Retain In Nigeria? by Nov1ce(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
hammedkola:

Yes there is a law, and to that of FL & FO, rumour had it that the conversation was recorded by Femi
What are the laws and where are they articulated?

(1) (Reply)

Passengers Now Free To Make Calls In Planes / Htc 1 Screen / Pls Help Me On How To Upgrade The Htc Sensation From 2.3 To 4.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.