Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? (653 Views)

I Was Given A Job At Radisson Blue Portmouth Hotel UK, Is It Real. / If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? / What Will You Do?, Suppose You Were Given 1 Million Naira Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by Kzinne: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Just imagine you were given a billion naira as a gift, would you stop working and resign your present job? What would you do?
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
With N1Billion Naira, I'll burn my CV alongside the original and photo-copies of my certificates.

Its all about business... even your life is a 'business'. You can either gain or lose regardless of your beliefs.

btw, why would any Nigerian resident pick a job (oga, Sir, Chinese slaps, etc) against N1B?
Sorry, my kind of education is not tied with suit and british tie.

As regards what I'll do with N1Billion, thats another discussion for another thread.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by uboma(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'll still retain my present job and with the money, open up some business ventures, employ good hands and supervise them remotely.
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
uboma: I'll still retain my present job and with the money, open up some business ventures, employ good hands and supervise them remotely.

Sir, aside thieving politicians & other professional thieves, I do not think there is any JOB (not investment, contracts) in Nigeria that can give you N1Billion in 40years! So why do you want to slave under the auspices of another man's authority & possesions..

Pardon me, is there something you derive from the job bigger than what you could get from N1Billion?
Joy, fulfillment or something?

1,000,000,000 is not a small money.

Even if you earn N1,000,000 per month, it will take you 83 years to gather N1Billion, assuming you have no other source of income.

Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, But Sir, do you want to settle with your salary (1million?) and then commit 1Billion in the hands of a stranger to do business for you?
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by yang(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
Nope. . . We are all workers. Something dies inside of you, the day u stop wanting more
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by uboma(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Sir, aside thieving politicians & other professional thieves, I do not think there is any JOB (not investment, contracts) in Nigeria that can give you N1Billion in 40years! So why do you want to slave under the auspices of another man's authority & possesions..

Pardon me, is there something you derive from the job bigger than what you could get from N1Billion?
Joy, fulfillment or something?

1,000,000,000 is not a small money.

Even if you earn N1,000,000 per month, it will take you 83 years to gather N1Billion, assuming you have no other source of income.

Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, But Sir, do you want to settle with your salary (1million?) and then commit 1Billion in the hands of a stranger to do business for you?

I derive inner joy from what I currently do. That's why even with the N1 Billion, I will still retain my job, gain more experience and build my network while I invest the money in some other worthwhile ventures.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by Acidosis(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
hmmn...

Well, people differ and dreams are different

smiley
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by Osama10(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Immediately I don resign.
Re: If You Were Given A Billion Naira Today, Would You Stop Working? by megainvest: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
I will stop working for others but will make sure my money will continue working for me. Team Good life!

(1) (Reply)

On Line Courses@pb Plus Oil And Gas Learning Hub! / I Want To Lean Web Design And Autocad In Ph Help / An Xmas Business Try It Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.