Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad (1113 Views)

Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 4:47am On Nov 11, 2013
I have this habit of giving free ride to ladies any time am travelling outside the state but funny enough I just enjoy their company and nothing more. Some people may think am doing that cos I need something but me alone know that there is no string attached. Pls what do you think?
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Kanwulia: 5:29am On Nov 11, 2013
Any lady looking for FREE rides is also LOOKING FOR FREEEEE TROUBLE! kiss
May you NEVER turn ritualist! AMEN!
I can understand trying to do so because of a dire emergency, but career hitch-hikers make me extremely nervous!

You have stated your intentions are noble. I believe you. kiss Nothing wrong with helping a stranded sister in need.

It is therefore my wish that no harm may come your way while keeping your intentions noble!

Amen! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2013
Kanwulia: Any lady looking for FREE rides is also LOOKING FOR FREEEEE TROUBLE! kiss
I can understand trying to do so because of a dire emergency, but career hitch-hikers make me extremely nervous!

You have stated your intentions are noble. I believe you. kiss Nothing wrong with helping a stranded sister in need.

It is therefore my wish that no harm may come your way while keeping your intentions noble!

Amen! kiss
Many thanks. But what baffles me about it is that I hardly give me lift. One would say am attracted to these ladies but I end up not even taking their phone number when we eventually hit destination. Even on rear cases where I take such persons number, I never calls the person. Strange isn't it?
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
When you no dey find MOBILE PAY AS YOU GO ASHEWO ABI ASHEWO ON THE RUN.

Anu e shey mi,temi shey olorun cheesy
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by slimyem: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good samaritan...

Since its all for good, nice! You really do not have nothing to fear/lose as you are the guy and the driver.
I hope you are not married though.... undecided
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Babes r experts on that! No fear!
And some have ended at unknown destinations!
Its usually mostly guys that always help with such. I don't give and I don't receive unless I know u. The fear of Naija pple is d beginning of wisdom.
Even those with crying children. I've heard horrible stories about free hitch hickers and I just can't try that.

Guy, u de try o!
May God always protect u if ur intentions r good.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
slimyem: Good samaritan...

Since its all for good, nice! You really do not have nothing to fear/lose as you are the guy and the driver.
I hope you are not married though.... undecided
am married and its about 4yrs old.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
chaircover: Amen

God sees hearts and For every horror story there are also thousands of people that God is blessing for their good deeds to their neighbors in need

There are good and bad people everywhere and one just has to be careful.
on one of my trips last sunday, there was no lady by the highway as at when I got there but there was this guy waiting for a car. I slowed down with my mind almost made up to give him lift but the guys dressing scared me and I had to zoom-off. I no fit shout. Lolz.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by deols(f): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
I hope you won't carry winch soon.

And you have a wife..abeg pity her nahh
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by slimyem: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
foxgiovani: am married and its about 4yrs old.
I have had to hitch a ride a few times from good samaritans like you on days when rain don beat me tire and the depth of water on the street is knee-high and there's no hope of any alternative.
I weigh the pros and cons and do a silent prayer just before I accept. We are in terrible times..I know but some situations are just hopeless. undecided
Some people sincerely need you and some are just hunting for preys but how can you tell different?
All I can say is follow your instincts and be as careful as you can be always.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
In my dear beloved country HELL TO THE NO!
But as I dey where I dey now, i dey do am everytime oo......Infact, i don become professional for d act grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Not anymore ooh. I wont give or accept in this our Naija.
God dey.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
There's nothing wrong with helping, but how come it's only women you're giving rides to? Also, be careful. Kudos sha. As long as you keep it strictly business and you offering rides to women doesn't bother your wife.

Kanwulia: Any lady looking for FREE rides is also LOOKING FOR FREEEEE TROUBLE! kiss

Amen! kiss
cheesy cheesy
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
foxgiovani: am married and its about 4yrs old.

Do you tell your wife about these lifts and is she in support of it? Do you contact these ladies after you drop them just to make sure they got to their final destinations and continue to enjoy their company? Do you become casual friends with them after or it all ends once they get out of your car?

You are a good man and you have a good heart and your intentions are very pure. You just seem to discriminate a bit - seems like you only give rides to ladies; particularly those that look single. My advice is to continue doing your good work. In due cause you will be richly rewarded! Amen!
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yield: There's nothing wrong with helping, but how come it's only women you're giving rides to? Also, be careful. Kudos sha. As long as you keep it strictly business and you offering rides to women doesn't bother your wife.

cheesy cheesy

she is not aware oh and she dare not know. She definitely won't be comfortable with it not bc she don't dosn't trust me but just bc she dosn't want to take chances.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by bukatyne(f): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville:

Do you tell your wife about these lifts and is she in support of it? Do you contact these ladies after you drop them just to make sure they got to their final destinations and continue to enjoy their company? Do you become casual friends with them after or it all ends once they get out of your car?

You are a good man and you have a good heart and your intentions are very pure. You just seem to discriminate a bit - seems like you only give rides to ladies; particularly those that look single. My advice is to continue doing your good work. In due cause you will be richly rewarded! Amen!

You! grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by bukatyne(f): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
foxgiovani: she is not aware oh and she dare not know. She definitely won't be comfortable with it not bc she don't dosn't trust me but just bc she dosn't want to take chances.

That's the spirit sir!

Nashville:

Yanga day sleep, trouble go wake am! cool
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville:

90% of such ladies I don't take their contact & I know it will even surprise the ladies I give these lift cos am sure most of them will be expecting I will take their numbers. There fit dey say which kind man be this. I just enjoy their company while the journey lasts that's all. Gaskya.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
foxgiovani: 90% of such ladies I don't take their contact & I know it will even surprise the ladies I give these lift cos am sure most of them will be expecting I will take their numbers. There fit dey say which kind man be this. I just enjoy their company while the journey lasts that's all. Gaskya.

What about the remaining 10%. You just keep their contacts and never call or what happens next? Bros, I am a married man like you and I just want to learn how to be a good Samaritan. I never give ladies lifts because my wife would complain. But may be it is a good idea and I just want to learn how!
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville:

What about the remaining 10%. You just keep their contacts and never call or what happens next? Bros, I am a married man like you and I just want to learn how to be a good Samaritan. I never give ladies lifts because my wife would complain. But may be it is a good idea and I just want to learn how!
90% I don't take their number and the remaining 10% I take their number but end up calling first or second day after which I keep the friendship at arms length because I don't have much resources to spend on calls to somebody
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nashville:

90% I don't take their number and the remaining 10% I take their number but end up calling first or second day after which I keep the friendship at arms length because I don't have much resources to spend on calls to somebody am sure I don't want to have anything to do with. My little resource is strictly for me and my family. Smiling.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 5:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Nashville:

so what do you think?
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by armyofone(m): 6:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Bad habit and about time you quit it. You will get into a big trouble if you dont stop. One day small argument at home and you will take that your ten percent. Na small small the thing dey take start. Johnny no get memory .
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 14, 2013
foxgiovani: she is not aware oh and she dare not know. She definitely won't be comfortable with it not bc she don't dosn't trust me but just bc she dosn't want to take chances.
The fact that you haven't told her and you don't want to tell her means you yourself aren't free with what you're doing.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 6:40am On Nov 14, 2013
armyofone: Bad habit and about time you quit it. You will get into a big trouble if you dont stop. One day small argument at home and you will take that your ten percent. Na small small the thing dey take start. Johnny no get memory .
I really don't think so. I believe that having a peaceful home cannot be compared to anything else and that is what matters most.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2013
I'm just trying to picture the scenerio.
Four pple r stranded at d bus stop. One a mama with a kid, an old man, a young dude and a pretty damsel and this our good samaritan has to stop and offer help. He didn't even look at d mama with a baby or d old man, but his eyes went straight to the pretty lady and wao off they go! As for d dude, hv u ever seen a dude giving fellow dude ride?
And his good samaritan work continues every other time.....

Hmnn...... O dikwa risky!
Wifey and God r watching in 3D!

Don't complain when u c wifey doing the same to handsome dudes!
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by eagleeye2: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2013
@Op, I used to give lifts a lot.... to guys, babes, police, army, corp members, old women etc.
But I stopped it after a police guy I gave lift tried to extort money from me. These days I hardly give anyone lift, except corp members and I only do that when I know that it's going to be difficult to get a cab from where they are. Moreover we live in dangerous times.
But I will never ever give lift to a Police man ever again.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2013
eagle,eye:
@Op, I used to give lifts a lot.... to guys, babes, police, army, corp members, old women etc.
But I stopped it after a police guy I gave lift tried to extort money from me. These days I hardly give anyone lift, except corp members and I only do that when I know that it's going to be difficult to get a cab from where they are. Moreover we live in dangerous times.
But I will never ever give lift to a Police man ever again.
sorry, I don't get it. The same policeman you gave lift wanted to extort money from you? I don't get it. Maybe he didn't recognize you or was it on the same day?
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Hmnn...... O dikwa risky!
Wifey and God r watching in 3D!

Don't complain when u c wifey doing the same to handsome dudes!

That is the point. If you found out that you wife goes on free rides with random men, and gives 10% of them her number, how will you feel? And then, every now and then they call just to check on your wife.

My advice to you is to be very careful. One I do not think it is safe as you dont know who this ladies are. Even if you have pure intentions, you dont know theirs.
Re: Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad by foxgiovani(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Nashville:

That is the point. If you found out that you wife goes on free rides with random men, and gives 10% of them her number, how will you feel? And then, every now and then they call just to check on your wife.

My advice to you is to be very careful. One I do not think it is safe as you dont know who this ladies are. Even if you have pure intentions, you dont know theirs.
Hmm, noted. Its just that for a distance journey, one may need companionship. No string attached. Often times when we hit base they would ask how much and I will just smile and tell them not to worry. I can't count how many I have given such assistance and I can't remember dating anyone of them. Just that the chat flows better if its the opposite sex. Gaskya.

(1) (Reply)

There Is An Epidemic Of Single Mothers Out There - Ali Baba Says / What Will You Would Have Done If You Are On His Shoe? / He Backed Out Days Before Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.