Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye (1277 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Codedrock(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2013
Wife of the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG, Pastor Mrs. Folu Adeboye has said about 70 percent of Nigerians are suffering from hardships.

She said there was need to seek divine assistance for the nation to witness change from poverty, diseases, violence, blood shedding among other problems.

But she was optimistic that the country would soon experience genuine turnaround.

Mrs. Adeboye spoke at the closing of the 12th Abuja Special Holy Ghost Service held along Abuja – Keffi Expressway, Nasarawa State.

“Nigeria is shining outside. It is known to be flamboyant but 70 percent of the people in the nation are suffering. All forms of sickness we have never heard before are happening.

“What an evil is happening in this nation, greed, fornication, shedding of innocent blood, idolatory. Tonight we should be sober.”

Speaking on the theme of the service, Who can be against us, If the lord be for us, she referred to 2nd chronicle 15 assuring the congregation of God’s mercy.

The clergy who congratulated Champions of the U-17 World Cup Football Competition, explained that if the team can be victorious, there is high indication that the country will still overcome its challenges.

According to her, in Judges 10 vs 10-15, the clergy said when Israelites were in trouble like the nation, they prayed for deliverance and the lord answered them.

In a special prayer session for the country, she urged the congregation to cry for mercy from sin and for God to cleanse the nation.
She prayed for the youths and peace to reign in the country.

Mummy Adeboye as she is fondly called prayed for President Goodluck Jonathan and the Vice President, Arc. Namadi Sambo to have “a good grip” of the country. She emphasised the President must not fail.

The General Overseer RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye said God was ready to fight the battle bedeviling the nation.

He led the huge congregation to prayer session and assured them of their breakthrough.

The clergy in his sermon “If God be for us”, he read the scriptures; Ephesians 4 vs 1, James 4 vs 7, Revelation 12 vs 11, Philipian 2, Mark 1 vs 23 among others.

Jonathan who was represented by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe said the proposed national dialogue would be beneficial for the people.

He restated his commitment to transforming the country.

Present at the service were: President Goodluck Jonathan represented by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe, Director General, National Identity Management Commission NIMC, Barrister Chris Onyemenam, Directors of Federal Ministries and other important dignitaries.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/11/70-percent-of-nigerians-suffering.html
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by wasak(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2013
FTC: FIRST TO. COMMENT.
FCT: FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY.
TFC: TASTEE FRIED CHICKEN.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2013

15 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Codedrock(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nonso23:
Is she just realizing this or is just seeking cheap publicity again?? What has she and her husband done to remedy the situation
Request people to sow seeds of faith, collect outrageous tithes or buy new private jets to cruise around the world at will? Nonsense!

Another disguised call for end of the year retreats and revivals so as to swindle overzealous trado-religious fanatics of their hard-earned money... Don't worry, we know, everybody dey hustle for christmas money.. undecided grin

At the bolded, It is obvious that the best candidates for deliverance from that spirit/sin is her and her Private Jet, income swindler and Seed-sowing beneficiary- husband... angry
Nigerians! Open Thine Eyes!!
These swindlers get rich off your meagre earnings and you stay poor due to your folly!
#if one person cooks for the crowd, the food will be insufficient; if the crowd cook for one person...
Public= 'crowd'
Mr and Mrs Private Jet= 'Person'
Food= 'money'
Over to you o!
how come you get all this likes na? Na jars you use?

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Kanwulia: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Only 70 %? shocked
MORE LIKE 90%! kiss

Mrs. Adeboye can return some money to those imbeceeeles who keep her HOLY AZZZE FILTHY. . . . kiss
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by alaoeri: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
She should STFU why can't she tell her husband to use his position as GO to fight for the masses and talk some sense to the leaders.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Christianity in Nigeria is a huuuuuuuuge joke. Lol Like these foools really take God to be a dummy. I mean, listen to the President for once and u'll understand what I mean.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by bloggernaija: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
I agree with the first part
But
This one,

[/b]She said there was need to seek divine assistance for the nation to witness change from poverty, diseases, violence, blood shedding among other problems.
But she was optimistic that the country would soon experience genuine turnaround.[b]

No no no,

There is nothing divine in what nigerians have to do.
STAND UP AND FIGHT CORRUPT POWER

And not Monday morning church service.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by nora544: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nigeria is shining outside. It is known to be flamboyant but 70 percent of the people in the nation are suffering.

To have a private jet and wear expensive clothes and live in expensive hotels outside of nigeria that is also flamboyant, and when she say this she should first change her home and her husband and not build a bigger church from the money of there poor followers.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by UyiIredia(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
And I, in all honesty, believe she and her husband ARE NOT helping these Nigerians by insisting the will go to hell if they don't render 10% of their income to the church, especially theirs; or that they will get blessings from God after sowing a 'seed of faith' (especially in the form of monetary gifts). SMH at religious Nigerians. Another part of the wahala Fela sang about.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
We do not need divine assistance . . .that much I know. Enough of all the prophecies of divine curse,divine blessing, divine miracle,divine assistance ,divine babies et all.
Neighbour to neighbour, door to door,face to face- we need human compassion and love.

5 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by wirinet(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
If 70% of nigerians are suffering means 70% of her congregation are suffering, so what is the benefit of all the sowings, things and offerings week in, week out, year in year out.

And why do her and her husband tell people that they can banish poverty and sufferings by just giving to the church.

With the way people give at Redeem, sufferings should have been eliminated, just like small pox.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by nora544: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
wirinet: If 70% of nigerians are suffering means 70% of her congregation are suffering, so what is the benefit of all the sowings, things and offerings week in, week out, year in year out.

And why do her and her husband tell people that they can banish poverty and sufferings by just giving to the church.

With the way people give at Redeem, sufferings should have been eliminated, just like small pox.

I know why she speak about this because i know that the money is not coming like they want it and like it was comin g the years before.
I hope that the people will find out that sowing seeds bring nothing only that it fill the pocked of this so called great man of God who live a flamboyant lifestile like her husband.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by jjcbuthot: 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
And who contributed to this? Not you?

- Instead of asking people to work hard, you ask zombies to keep praying
- Instead of you to challenge the corrupt government of the day, you keep praying and collecting fighty money from them in the name of tithe
- Instead of you to use the money collected from the zombies every sunday to provide free education, water, etc for people in rural areas, you are buying private jets and asking the dull lazy zombies to pay more tithes.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Codedrock(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Like plenty for this thread o without even making frontpage?
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by jahbiz: 12:24am On Nov 12, 2013
I reserve my comment. Mean while no Pastor can force me to give that which I dont want to give. People desperately looking for miracles are the victims.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Brimmie(m): 1:01am On Nov 12, 2013
I Reserve My Comment, B4 Som Silly Fanatics Start Saying "Touch Not My Annointed"!!

BTW, Instead Of Using 10% Of Your Salary To Buy Healthy Fruits And Vegs For Your Family, You Are Using It To Finance Private Jet Of Ds Conmen!! Think!! THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by tyson99(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2013
Sometimes i just think of some things and laugh it off,some people are so daft!.....an average redeemer cannot afford to send his/her child to the redeemer's university and yet they keep paying for the fuelling of their private jet,well God will judge us all

I read sometime ago even with pictures that pastor chris oyahkilome has over 30 jeeps in his house wtf And the people paying these tithes will ride on okada or treck sef because they want to drop money for offering and tithes.shame!

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 12, 2013
It's that time of the year again grin
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by wasak(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2013
pDude: It's that time of the year again grin
Boss I saw what u did there!!! truly
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by danielblessing(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nonso23:
Is she just realizing this or is just seeking cheap publicity again?? What has she and her husband done to remedy the situation
Request people to sow seeds of faith, collect outrageous tithes or buy new private jets to cruise around the world at will? Nonsense!

Another disguised call for end of the year retreats and revivals so as to swindle overzealous trado-religious fanatics of their hard-earned money... Don't worry, we know, everybody dey hustle for christmas money.. undecided grin

At the bolded, It is obvious that the best candidates for deliverance from that spirit/sin is her and her Private Jet, income swindler and Seed-sowing beneficiary- husband... angry
Nigerians! Open Thine Eyes!!
These swindlers get rich off your meagre earnings and you stay poor due to your folly!
#if one person cooks for the crowd, the food will be insufficient; if the crowd cook for one person...
Public= 'crowd'
Mr and Mrs Private Jet= 'Person'
Food= 'money'
Over to you o!
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Suffering - Says Mrs Adeboye by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
return the money of the poor that you have embezzled.

Sell all your jets and elaborate buildings and give the money to the poor.

(1) (Reply)

If U Dont Believe Jesus Is Yahweh Almighty God The Creator Then Ure An Atheist / Do You Know Jesus. "Question" Does Jesus Know You? / What Are The Spiritual Implications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.