Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? (922 Views)

We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices / These 4 Tools Will Help You Detect Fake Or Counterfeit USB Flash Drives / In Memory Storage Mode, What Is The Storage Capacity Of The Human Brain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by Rexyl(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2013
I asked this question based on what I experienced with 16gb flash drive I bought recently. I created different folders and stored different text and graphic data of about 2gb but to my surprise when I opened the folders a week later I discovered that all were empty - the contents have been erased. Yesternight I created folders again and stored information only to discover this morning that more than half of the folder were empty. Pls what happens with the flash? Is there a way I can make it work for the purpose I bought it for? I wanted to store about 10gb data in it but I wonder if flash drives of higher storage would not be a disappointment.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by lomprico(m): 10:40am On Nov 11, 2013
D flash is bad! If I may guess its only d document files that remain, d programme files r d ones dissapearing. I use a 32gig flash n I don't have any issue. Go fo original drives made by scandisk, sony, kingston, transend
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by Rexyl(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
lomprico: D flash is bad! If I may guess its only d document files that remain, d programme files r d ones dissapearing. I use a 32gig flash n I don't have any issue. Go fo original drives made by scandisk, sony, kingston, transend

Meaning as many as the flash drives are in the market, just a few are good; thanks for the ones you recommended.

1F73 tangqi clothing market,No.132 guangyuan xi road,baiyun district,Guangzhou广州市白云区广园西路132号唐旗外贸服装城1F73档. Patrick 13710706073
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by andrewozed: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
a friend of mine in computer village in lagos told me that there is a software they use to expand the capacity of flash drives. i.e. a 3gb flash drive can be stretched to 15gb, but the downside is that once you store date volume higher than the original capacity, it will erase, so i think you are just a victim of such fraud.
i have 500gig flash drive for sale, if interested mail andrewozed@yahoo.com for details.
P/S there is waranty
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Flash Drives Of Higher Storage Capacity? by mindtricks: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
lomprico: D flash is bad! If I may guess its only d document files that remain, d programme files r d ones dissapearing. I use a 32gig flash n I don't have any issue. Go fo original drives made by scandisk, sony, kingston, transend

Abeg, how can I get that kind 32g flash?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mobile News Innovation Shortlisted For 2014 FIRE Awards / How To Turn Urine Into Electrical Power / How to connect Bluetooth Headset with a bluetooth enabled Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.