Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? (15272 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / '2GO Bread' Spotted In Asaba / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by adetunjiadeola: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
becos it will last them and can do so many things like with beans,soup,tea, akara, and moi-moi grin dats why they appreciate it
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by hardbody: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
If i am driving home, I buy bread, If i fly halfway and join public vehicle halfway, i dont buy anything. The few times i bought i managed to forget them in the vehicle. All i do these days is as soon as i get home, i walk across to the nearby shop and buy large quantities of loaves that i share out to relations. I guess it has become a norm that people must bring bread when they are visiting, the reason, we may never know.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by darnley16(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nomski0: Dont buy that type for me. I want wheat bread, the one with no sugarcheesycheesy. Come with plenty, i want to eat London bread.
nomski . Follow me make ah follow u bcksmiley
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by musty001: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
hehehehehe *funny topic*.....*clears throat* wel 4 me,i think its a way f appreciating or saying thnk u in advance 2 d person u re visiting.....mayb 4 sth he/she has has done or his about 2 do 4 u or mayb u just wnt to stay wit d person 4 sum tyme...u cn start wit d bread

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by otiigba1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
@adaobi, bia nwayia which london bread you say is nasty? were do you buy your bread from? poundland? or 99p shops? Lol..
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by omonnakoda: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
They now bake bread in the SE so this is no longer true
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Malawian(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
even christ asked "why buy what is not bread" ?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Malawian(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
which brings me to..
i was in the east 3 weeks ago for a burial.
olboy, 50 naira bread there big pass 80naira agege bread for eko.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by infiniteloop(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]FIRST OFF aLL @ OP WHO TOLD YOU ITS ONLY BREAD PEOPLE BY IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD

SECONDLY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BUYING BREAD FOR THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed HA.... OK MAY BE MONEY NO DEY YOUR POCKET NI...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIRDLY NO BE ALL KIND BREAD BE BREAD ..........@ cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW

LASTLY AS FOR ME ANY BODY THAT IS COMING BACK FROM JOURNEY (DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF JOURNEY) I WOULD REQUEST DIFFERENT THING FAR FROM BREAD YOU KNOW................... LI...KE..... ASSORTED (IF POSSIBLE PRIVATE JET WOULD BE ON LIST OF EXPECTATION) HOPE THIS HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ................. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]

Internet Etiquette 101: Typing in all uppercase means you are SHOUTING. Its either you are being ignorant or stu-pid or at worse, a combination of the two.

Secondly, you probably don't know how to use smileys. You have too many of those in your post.

And to make every uncool, brov you are not funny.

My advice: If you don't have anything to say, just view the thread and move on. A lot of people won't find out you are stu-pid.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Mcmaye(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]FIRST OFF aLL @ OP WHO TOLD YOU ITS ONLY BREAD PEOPLE BY IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD

SECONDLY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BUYING BREAD FOR THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed HA.... OK MAY BE MONEY NO DEY YOUR POCKET NI...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIRDLY NO BE ALL KIND BREAD BE BREAD ..........@ cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW

LASTLY AS FOR ME ANY BODY THAT IS COMING BACK FROM JOURNEY (DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF JOURNEY) I WOULD REQUEST DIFFERENT THING FAR FROM BREAD YOU KNOW................... LI...KE..... ASSORTED (IF POSSIBLE PRIVATE JET WOULD BE ON LIST OF EXPECTATION) HOPE THIS HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ................. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]
What is this one saying?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by ChikezieU(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nonso23: Reminds me of the Legendary "ofoma" bread sold on the highways in onitsha grin
(Except septugenerians or above) no one can claim to know the reason why.
Speculations abound nonetheless, e.g bread was once seen as a commodity of the rich because bakeries were introduced by the 'whites' to us therefore anyone coming from far-away places (must have hit it big) must come with one or two as proof, etc, etc.
Even when i travel back to school, room-mates ask me for ''bread" and when the case is reversed i do same.
It's more cultural than rational sha..
All in all... I no know grin
Full stop
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by DEagle1: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ op the same reason you buy bread for your pple when you travel
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Lilboots(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
oti-igba:
@adaobi, bia nwayia which london bread you say is nasty? were do you buy your bread from? poundland? or 99p shops? Lol..

She dey buy from LIDL. It's quite close to her house
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Mamacita007(f): 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
You can buy anything. it doesnt have to be bread & banana. whats that sef? llloooooooll its not good to visit people empty handed especially if they have little kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Godson201333(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Because its very cheap and people appreciate it...Haba 2 big agege bread never do?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Chatelier(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
No one got the reazn. The only reazn is traced back to the time jesus miraculously fed a great multitude wit bread. Who dnt knw bible?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Shinelle(f): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Me wey hate Bread, maybe because of frequent eating, My marginal Utility has dropped to zero.... I rarely buy bread for people cos I wouldn't offer wa't I dislike...
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
4reigningqueen: Its very affordable na. Highest na 200. Kilo feel!
N200?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by CertifiedFreak(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Never understood tha whole gig behind the bread thing..... I do it to curry favors tho'...... Priscilla's mom sells it just right
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Pvin: 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Becos bread can go with 2gder with a lot. E.g, B&TEA, B&TOAST, B&EGG, B&SOFT DRINK, B&BEANS, B&STEW, B&AKARA, B&INDOMINE, B&WATER ... Add if u remember any
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
No be Agege you dey live? Why u dey wait make person wey dey London bring Agege bread for you grin
The agege bread will have a visa!
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by davidibe(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
undecided while for me I think in dis part of africa is normal dat if ur travelling to see someone u need to carry someone, so I think bread is one of d (off stress) tins u can buy.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by seangy4konji: 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
I have never bought that for anybody when visiting family...I dont buy anything.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by donem: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
Only local travellers do such stuffs like buying loafs of bread.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by lepasharon(f): 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
adaobi123: I've wondered this too. But nigerian bread is so sweet. Its cheap to buy though. cheesy smiley

The sliced bread is horrible tho lipsrsealed yuck
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
someone definitely grew up in enugu...hope you didnt attend FGCE? wink
adaobi123:

Which bread do you like ? I like chitis bread grin
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Anayordike(m): 4:32am On Nov 12, 2013
D.Eagle:
@ op the same reason you buy bread for your pple when you travel

Say ur opinion
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Anayordike(m): 4:39am On Nov 12, 2013
seangy4konji: I have never bought that for anybody when visiting family...I dont buy anything.
Why
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Anayordike(m): 4:41am On Nov 12, 2013
donem: Only local travellers do such stuffs like buying loafs of bread.
Sure Ehhh kwa!
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Anayordike(m): 4:50am On Nov 12, 2013
While we are still trying to figure out why travellers do buy bread for their hosts, family etc. The truth remains that if you are coming from a journey in this part of the world and did not come with "common" bread , it is a likely indication that you are stingy or callous.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Anayordike(m): 5:06am On Nov 12, 2013
bastien: Make we buy motor na mumu!!

Abi u don see wey dem dey sell car or generator for Ore??
So the only thing ur common sense taught u was to insult me for asking a research question? Well thanks for that. But u can't curse whom God has blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baking Tips Everyone Should Know / What Is Your Favorite Relaxation Drink And Recipe? / How To Make Shawama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.