Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:24 AM

Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures (17041 Views)

See The Beautiful Cake My Mom And I Baked And Designed / Funny Cake My Little Daugther Made(picture) / Rum Drinks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Directions for RED VELVET CAKE

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour 3 (9 by 1 1/2-inch round) cake pans.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.

Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.

Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Place the pans in the oven evenly spaced apart. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pans, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 minutes.

Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pans. One at a time, invert the cakes onto a plate and then re-invert them onto a cooling rack,
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia5: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
So of all the millions of cake recipes in the world, the only one you saw fit to post in detail on nairaland, was rum cake?

Did you mistake nairaland for carribean perhaps?
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia5: 12:01am On Dec 01, 2013
PrettyCindy: Hi Ruby, pls help me with recipe for Red velvet cake. The colour of my cake seperated into red and brown. His do i avoid this next time?

I used liquid food colour.

marylandcakes: Did you include cocoa powder in your recipe, if yes how much? What kind of vinegar did you use? I will post a recipe for you shortly.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 12:27am On Dec 02, 2013
tpia@:
So of all the millions of cake recipes in the world, the only one you saw fit to post in detail on nairaland, was rum cake?

Did you mistake nairaland for carribean perhaps?

Rum cake is eaten all over the world, is there any particular recipe you are after?
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia5: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
i believe someone asked for a recipe for velvet cake, which you ignored.

the thread just shows you have a very low opinion of the people here (ie nigerians), that is all.

I'm sure you would not open such a thread on a middle eastern forum, moreso when you could have just posted your recipe on already existing cake threads.

and tell your minions to BACK OFF.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia5: 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
marylandcakes:

is there any particular recipe you are after?

no, there isnt.

you do owe nigerians an apology though, i doubt anyone has treated you in a manner that warrants this type of disrespect (knowing how nigerians lick any foreign butt they see), if you want to sell a product, you can do so in acceptable ways, not pushy and arrogant ones.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by Ununne(f): 12:31am On Dec 03, 2013
@tpia, if someone is being arrogant here, its definitely u

And how does she owe Nigerians an apology for posting a recipe? Please if u don't know what a rum cake is, there are people who do, and if u think u don't have need for it then back off. Must u comment on every thread?

Did u not see d directions for the red velvet cake there? U were even asked (politely) if u wanted a particular recipe. What exactly is ur point? ...trying to vent your anger on someone I guess. am so sorry dear, its not working.

3 Likes

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 7:15am On Dec 08, 2013
Ununne: @tpia, if someone is being arrogant here, its definitely u

And how does she owe Nigerians an apology for posting a recipe? Please if u don't know what a rum cake is, there are people who do, and if u think u don't have need for it then back off. Must u comment on every thread?

Did u not see d directions for the red velvet cake there? U were even asked (politely) if u wanted a particular recipe. What exactly is ur point? ...trying to vent your anger on someone I guess. am so sorry dear, its not working.

@Ununne thanks for your comments.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

no, there isnt.

you do owe nigerians an apology though, i doubt anyone has treated you in a manner that warrants this type of disrespect (knowing how nigerians lick any foreign butt they see), if you want to sell a product, you can do so in acceptable ways, not pushy and arrogant ones.

@tpia an apology for posting a rum cake recipe? ........... Are you for real?
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:

the thread just shows you have a very low opinion of the people here (ie nigerians), that is all.

I'm sure you would not open such a thread on a middle eastern forum, moreso when you could have just posted your recipe on already existing cake threads.

@tpia in response to the issues which you have raised:-

1. I did not ignore anyone.. l posted a red velvet cake recipe on comment no 32.
2. I dont know how you came to your conclusion of my low opinion of fellow Nigerians.
3. How do you know that? I have loads of middle eastern friends and colleagues who love rum cake as a whole.
Finally i opened a new thread as there wasnt an existing rum cake recipe and i think there are more grateful nairalanders for this.

Thanks for your interest on this thread. Would you like to try some rum cake? You never know you might love it grin
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by Rubyventures: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:

Talk about being arrogant and ignorant at the same time, why don't you go and vent your frustration somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by Joshuadon: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by segradino(m): 6:00am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia1: 6:07am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by divalishis: 6:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Will be trying this.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by ewizard1: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2014
Yeah, i know i shouldnt be here but....

I think someone here has an ebola contracted brain!!!

Dazall!!!

**Modified**
[size=5pt]All dis ijekuje you guys are eating,olohun a saanu yin ooo![/size]
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
tpia1: Alcohol Free Rum Cake Recipes
http://www.yummly.com/recipes/alcohol-free-rum-cake

Rum in its self is alcohol so any cake with rum in the name cannot be free from alcohol.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswsTqwI9kg

Please find attached my rum cake video.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by tpia1: 5:21am On Aug 17, 2014
marylandcakes:

Rum in its self is alcohol so any cake with rum in the name cannot be free from alcohol.

true, probably rum extract (alcohol free) or a substitute (artificial flavor) is used.

http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/node/70785

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/rum-using-rum-or-rum-extracts-in.html
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bridal shower cake

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by touchmeder: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
pretty

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2014
please, can you share a chocolate cake recipe? thanks.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 9:06am On Dec 07, 2014
debolly:
please, can you share a chocolate cake recipe? thanks.

Chocolate cake recipe

250g butter
4 medium eggs
250g brown sugar
200g cake flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

Grease 2 8" pans .
Set oven temperature to 180 degrees celcius.
Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
Add eggs one at a time
Add vanilla, flour and cocoa powder.
Mix genly,.

Turn into greased pans in equal amounts.

Place in oven and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.

Remove from oven and leave to cool.

I hope this helps? This is a basic chocolate cake recipe, there are many variations.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 6:23am On Dec 28, 2014
Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by touchmeder: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
marylandcakes:
Merry Christmas

Merry christmas to you too. I will try your version of chocolate cake for the new year.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
touchmeder:

Merry christmas to you too. I will try your version of chocolate cake for the new year.

Please do, and let us know how you get on. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 2:19pm On May 28, 2015
more cake pics

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by touchmeder: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Lovessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss it! Your handwork is very neat
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
touchmeder:
Lovessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss it! Your handwork is very neat

Thanks
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by Rubyventures: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2015
PrettyCindy:
Hi Ruby, pls help me with recipe for Red velvet cake. The colour of my cake seperated into red and brown. His do i avoid this next time?

I used liquid food colour.

using paste colour is much better. You are more likely to get that deep red colour.
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Rum Cake My Way With Pictures by marylandcakes: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
Yes I agree.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Buy Peppery, Tasty And Crunchy Kuli Kuli In Lagos State Nigeria / How To Prepare Cocoyam And Wateryam Porridge (ekpang Nkukwo) Pics & Video / How To Make Hibiscus Drink (zobo) - Pics And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.