Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Updates On 2010 Development In Pics - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Updates On 2010 Development In Pics (50291 Views)

Hot Updates On The Kenya Vs Nigeria Fight (pictures) / EPL In Pics 2015. / Under 20 Friendly Tournament In Cape Town,rsa Vs Nigeria In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 4:22am On Jul 24, 2009
The roof

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 4:26am On Jul 24, 2009
Arch

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2009
1,2 I like the progress,do you think the stadia will be ready to be handed over to FIFA in November as planned?

Please post more pics,and maybe include the training facillities as well
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 4:12am On Jul 25, 2009
Hi RSA, yes, definitely they will finish by end of November. FIFA wants this Stadias to be finished before the draw on the 4th December 2009 in Cape Town. The Landscape will be a Challenge for both Green Point and Moses Mabhida, but i think they will finish in time. i am also worried about the pace the roof is going in Green Point, that roof is world class but is taking forever to complete and it needs a lot of work. lets just pray they complete every thing inĀ  time because the Doomsayers are waiting. Most of the people in the Western Media know that SA can do it, but still they are just waiting for one loophole and they will pounce.

i was also reading the article written by a lady from UK who was arguing that Egypt should have been given the World cup than SA, but she forgot that Egypt Pulled out , then it was two race horse between SA and Morroco. She did not even have a clue what happened on that day.

Africa, we can do it, lets forget about the doomsayers, they are here to ddestruct they have nothing good to write about Africa other than Wars, diseases, Hanger and Aids.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by folem: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2009
http://www.sagoodnews.co.za/countdown_to_2010/inside_the_world_cup_stadiums.html

[size=16pt]Inside the World Cup stadiums [/size]

Following Fifa's week-long inspection tour of the 2010 Fifa World Cup stadiums, here are the latest images from inside the six new stadiums.

Soccer City near Soweto, Johannesburg

Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban

Green Point Stadium in Cape Town

Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane

Nelson Mandela Bay stadium in Port Elizabeth

Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by diven: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
great its a huge stadium ever i seen. thanks for sharing your photo collection. have more please place here.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by thando(f): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2009
the moses mabhida stadium is moving too slowly imo! how long has it been like that, i hope the inside is at least done.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by dominique(f): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2009
^^^
i bet it'll be completed in time for the worldcup finals. . . the pix are breathtaking smiley
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 8:16am On Oct 14, 2009
Too Nice cheesy
FIFA wants the stadiums in November(next month) and I think we will be ready.It's gonna be a wonderful world cup,a very noisy one grin
Hope Ghana and Ivory Coast meet in the Final after Ghana beat RSA in the first semi,and Ivory Coast beating Brasil in the second semi grin
Woza 2010 grin
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by folem: 11:54am On Oct 14, 2009
thando:

the moses mabhida stadium is moving too slowly imo! how long has it been like that, i hope the inside is at least done.

You meant Green Point Stadium?

Green Point Stadium in Cape Town

It started construction late because of legal issues and will be finished last (December 14).

Check out the pix of the soon-to-be- laid grass.

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by dominique(f): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2009
RSA:

Too Nice cheesy
FIFA wants the stadiums in November(next month) and I think we will be ready.It's gonna be a wonderful world cup,a very noisy one grin
Hope Ghana and Ivory Coast meet in the Final a[b]fter Ghana beat RSA in the first semi[/b],and Ivory Coast beating Brasil in the second semi grin
Woza 2010 grin

Bafana Bafana reaching the semis only in ya wildest dreams!!! cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:05am On Oct 15, 2009
Nice Pics, Green Point will dissapoint. Its that damn roof that took ages to complete. The draw is on the 4th of December where else but Cape Town, right behind the unfinished Green Point. But Stadiums wise we have silenced the critics. All of the stadium will be ready by January 2010, actually end of november all the stadium will be ready for the draw on the 4th of december in Cape Town except Green Point Stadium.

I will post some photos on Polokwane's Peter Mokaba Stadium and Mbombela later.

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:20am On Oct 15, 2009
here are some of the pics

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:23am On Oct 15, 2009
Landscaping on Soccer City in Soweto

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:25am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:25am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:27am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:28am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:29am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 5:31am On Oct 15, 2009

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by mzansi: 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2009
grin May I please use these pics on a Facebook group? I'd like to put the doomsayers under the beds they belong
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2009
Of course , go ahead. Spread the word.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by thando(f): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2009
Soccer city is complete, just so the celebrations on tv!! Yeyyy!!
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2009
Apparently the Germans will be wearing bullet proof when they come over grin
Africa deserve respect,me and my friends are planning to wear bullet proofs or something like it at the airport when the Germans lands,just to show this Nazis that we don't give a fukc about them and their racist ways.

Vuvuselaaa Mvuvuzeli grin

Shoooosholoooza!
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 1:21am On Oct 23, 2009
thando:

Soccer city is complete, just so the celebrations on tv!! Yeyyy!!

Ooh really, its complete, so fast. I haven't been watching TV for quiet some times. They should organise a game before end of the year, for sure, i will be there by meat.

RSA:

Apparently the Germans will be wearing bullet proof when they come over grin
Africa deserve respect,me and my friends are planning to wear bullet proofs or something like it at the airport when the Germans lands,just to show this Nazis that we don't give a fukc about them and their racist ways.

Vuvuselaaa Mvuvuzeli grin

Shoooosholoooza!

RSA, i also heard that on Metro. These guys are just creating enemies before they even set foot in the motherland. Let them wear those bullet proof even when they are playing. They know that this World Cup is gonna be better than theirs, they just want to create controversy, they want to spoil it with they nonesense. I guess they will do the same in Brazil, since Brazil is not that different from SA. Demet. They think they have hosted the best World Cup ever and no one is gonna surpass them. They wont even reach second round, after that we will send them parking with other hundreds of thousands Germans flooding Cape Town for the past 10 yrs. Morons. You dont come to SA and start insulting this place. You will pay a heavy price.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by chika98: 1:25am On Oct 23, 2009
I wish I can visit and see these matches in its glory. cheesy
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by chic2pimp(m): 1:35am On Oct 23, 2009
I wouldn't miss it for the world. South Africa 2010 here I come cool
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by 14(m): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2009
chika98:

I wish I can visit and see these matches in its glory. cheesy

Just buy yourself a ticket my man. This is probably the only chance to see World Cup live in the stadium. I have already got my 3 tickets and hoping to buy extra early next year. I am not gonna afford to go to Brazil in 2014 and any where in Europe in 2018. This is the only chance. Only 7 Months to go, it may sound long way to go. Hey, its just around the corner. The hype will start after the Draw on the 4th of December in Cape Town. Time will just fly, before you think it will be 11 June 2010 and you will be in the front seat at SOWETO Stadium. I think thats what they gonna call it. You know FIFA changes the names of the stadiums during world Cup and they like naming them by where they are situated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Community Shield: Atiku, Apostle Suleman React As Arsenal Defeat Liverpool / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of A Must Win Match Tomorrow(pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.