Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50290 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Fira09(m): 9:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo has been selected in the worst XI from the World Cup after he endured a difficult time for Portugal at the tournament in Qatar.

Ronaldo scored only one goal for his country and was dropped to the bench by Fernando Santos for their last-16 clash with Switzerland and their shock quarter-final defeat to Morocco.

The 37-year-old free agent reportedly threatened to quit the Portuguese camp during a heated meeting with Santos after he found out he had been axed for the Switzerland game, but the claim was quickly denied by the country's FA and the player.

Ronaldo has now been included as part of the worst team of the World Cup, according to statistics provider Sofascore.

The worst XI team is based on Sofascore's rating, which gives each player a score out of 10 for their performances at the tournament. To be included, players had to have made a minimum of four appearances in Qatar.

Ronaldo was named in the Sofascore side after scoring just 6.46. The Portuguese forward is partnered up front by Lautaro Martinez, despite the Argentinian being a member of the team which lifted the trophy after beating France on penalties in the final.

Martinez, who failed to score for Argentina in Qatar in 148 minutes of action across the entire tournament, was given a rating of just 6.35.

Chelsea and Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy was also been selected by Sofascore in their worst XI with a rating of just 6.30. US star, Sergino Dest, who is contracted to Barcelona but is on loan at AC Milan, got a paltry rating of 6.50.

Kamil Glik and Bartosz Bereszyski of Poland, and Senegal centre back Abdou Diallo complete the back four.

Jackson Irvine and Mathew Leckie of Australia were picked in the midfield alongside South Korea's Hwang In-beom and Switzerland's Ruben Vargas.

SOURCE

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by JASONjnr(m): 9:42am On Dec 20, 2022
Anyhow you twist it.....

FIFA refused to push the team forward....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....

376 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Fira09(m): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....

Penaldian, which of the Cameroon are you making reference to?

The most key thing now is that Messi and Argentina are the winner of 2022 World Cup, dude you can wail till eternity.

493 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ThierryJay: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Well deserved recognition. Na to be stealing other people's goals he sabi. No wonder his sister just called the Qatar WC the worst World Cup of all time.

Let him go and grant another interview to Piers Morgan for the massive disrespect.

Meanwhile, BBC has just awarded Messi the 2022 Sportsman of the year award. More to follow to pepper those Pendulums very well.

I really feel for his wife Georgina. She's the only Argentine in the World who cannot celebrate her country's success just because of one egotistical crybaby.

257 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Well, I care less undecided

In the New Era, God willing, there won't be things like this. We'll be focused on better things...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Hope88: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Well, I care less undecided

In the New Era, God willing, there won't be things like this. We'll be focused on better things...
I SWEAR. Even argentina no carry the matter for head like Nigerians

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ManirBK: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
lalasticlala here dis one na

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by afribookorg(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Good afternoon to all messi(Goat) fans

Penaldo fans if you need my greetings,go and tell your goat to lift the world cup

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Candidlady: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

keep deceiving yourself like wiseone28

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Everything penaldians did to Messi is coming back to them in multiple folds.

They mocked him cos Ronaldo won Euros. Messi replied them with Copa America & World Cup

They mocked him cos he didn’t make Balon D’or top 30. Today, he is the favorite to win the next edition.

They mocked him cos he was rated the worse or one of the worse in Ligue one last season. Today, their GOAT is in the starting eleven in the worse team of the tournament.

Almiron
Pinterest
Peacecore
Malignantguest
Thierryjay
Numerouno94

175 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:
Well deserved recognition. Na to be stealing other people's goals he sabi. No wonder his sister just called the Qatar WC the worst World Cup of all time.

Let him go and grant another interview to Piers Morgan for the massive disrespect.

Meanwhile, BBC has just awarded Messi the 2022 Sportsman of the year award. More to follow to pepper those Pendulums very well.

I really feel for his wife Georgina. She's the only Argentine in the World who cannot celebrate her country's success just because of one egotistical crybaby.
Make him sister come make we cuddle. She go dey alright

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by afribookorg(m): 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

Cameroon trashed Argentina ? Oga,are you just coming out from prison ? This is 2022 oooo,not 2014 wc

There is nothing we'll not see from penaldo fans

222 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

You change dealer?

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ThierryJay: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Make him sister come make we cuddle. She go dey alright

Yeah but nah Bro, you deserve way better than that his ugly sister grin Maybe na absence of better servicing dey worry am grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ThierryJay: 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You change dealer?

grin grin I swear that guy is so cracked. This is beyond being Trabayed.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

grin grin I swear that guy is so cracked. This is beyond being Trabayed.

grin

Penaldians no go kill person

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ThierryJay: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:

They mocked him cos Ronaldo won Euros. Messi replied them with Copa America & World Cup

They mocked him cos he didn’t make Balon D’or top 30. Today, he is the favorite to win the next edition.

They mocked him cos he was rated the worse or one of the worse in Ligue one last season. Today, their GOAT is in the starting eleven in the worse team of the tournament.

Almiron
Pinterest
Peacecore
Malignantguest
Thierryjay
Numerouno94

This thing called Karma ehn, hmm make I just siddon and appreciate.

Imagine them now begging for peace lol

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

Yeah but nah Bro, you deserve way better than that his ugly sister grin Maybe na absence of better servicing dey worry am grin
Hahahahahahah……… she should have stayed quiet. This isn’t the best time to speak

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by BlaqFaze: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

undecided

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

peace? Never going to happen!

Vawulence await them

If they can’t bear it like we did for 4years, they should quit NL.

Shame to Obembet and those MODs wey dey support pendu

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by ThierryJay: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
peace? Never going to happen!

Vawulence await them

If they can’t bear it like we did for 4years, they should quit NL.

Shame to Obembet and those MODs wey dey support pendu

Lol yes o. The saddest thing for them is that there is no coming back from this due to Pendu's age. See how fellow footballers are now mocking their asun. Lothar Mathhaius just called him a failure. Even Saudi Arabia's Al Nassr owner is now asking "Who is Ronaldo?" If na Messi enter flop of the tournament, there's be at least 4 threads on FP alone for that.

The retribution within the past 18 months has been epic.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Aniluvreal: 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

Pendu fans knows nothing about football, if you doubt me, read the nonsense comment made by one of them above and you'll agree totally with me. It's pointless engaging myopic people like benchnaldo fans, they really don't worth the time

Btw, which Cameroon trashed Argentina? It seems it was another world cup you guys watched not the one sane people watched reason you people keep talking foolishly.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by OJEEMAH(m): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

Lol yes o. The saddest thing for them is that there is no coming back from this due to Pendu's age. See how fellow footballers are now mocking their asun. Lothar Mathhaius just called him a failure. Even Saudi Arabia's Al Nassr owner is now asking "Who is Ronaldo?" If na Messi enter flop of the tournament, there's be at least 4 threads on FP alone for that.

The retribution within the past 18 months has been epic.
Just imagine. See why they say dont mock people when they are down right.

Obembet for Dey create thread every hour and at the mention of his puppy’s name, the thread go reach FP with speed of light.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:

Almiron
Pinterest
Peacecore
Malignantguest
Thierryjay
Numerouno94

My Oga, Pendu crashed real bad. This has the be the worst of the worst grace to grass football story, I hope I’m not exaggerating.

Sometimes I want to feel pity for Ronaldo, but when I remember the things he said about Messi, the trolling his sister trolled Messi, downgrading of Messi’s achievements by Pendu’s friends, the disrespect of Messi by those who played with Pendu, especially exUnited players e.g Evra, Keane, Ferdinand (only Rooney was different) even Fergie. Not to talk of, what Pendulum fan girls and Penaldo PR bots on Twitter did to Messi on the streets of social media and even in favourite viewing center. I’ve always known Messi would win eventually, I just didn’t know when. I’m grateful to God for real. And Karma is real!!

I’m proud of you and every other Messi homeboys, it hasn’t been easy. Messi has been feeding us well, we deserve this happiness.

EDIT: Anytime I see a picture of Messi with the WC trophy, I still say to myself, “Messi actually won the World Cup”. I stare at those pics in disbelief!

91 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

My Oga, Pendu crashed real bad. This has the be the worst of the worst grace to grass football story, I hope I’m not exaggerating.

Sometimes I want to feel pity for Ronaldo, but when I remember the things he said about Messi, the trolling his sister trolled Messi, downgrading of Messi’s achievements by Pendu’s friends, the disrespect of Messi by those who played with Pendu, especially exUnited players e.g Evra, Keane, Ferdinand (only Rooney was different) even Fergie. Not to talk of, what Pendulum fan girls and Penaldo PR bots on Twitter did to Messi on the streets of social media and even in favourite viewing center. I’ve always known Messi would win eventually, I just didn’t know when. I’m grateful to God for real. And Karma is real!!

I’m proud of you and every other Messi homeboys, it hasn’t been easy. Messi has been feeding us well, we deserve this happiness.

EDIT: Anytime I see a picture of Messi with the WC trophy, I still say to myself, “Messi actually won the World Cup”. I stare at those pics in disbelief!
Exactly the reason I have refused to pipe low on giving them vawulence. They even call the entire Argentina team, a group of little men who can't even nod ball. Omor I suffered heartache during that match to d point that I resorted to prayer. God is great.

I can remember what the commentator, Peter Drury said, and I quote
France, the world defending campion are today to take on Messi, the people's champion. It was an amazing end.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

na y we and Almiron never gree since. Who notice say Obem never come online since. E fit be say d guy don die sef

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
Peacecore:
Exactly the reason I have refused to pipe low on giving them vawulence. They even call the entire Argentina team, a group of little men who can't even nod ball. Omor I suffered heartache during that match to d point that I resorted to prayer. God is great.

I can remember what the commentator, Peter Drury said, and I quote
France, the world defending campion are today to take on Messi, the people's champion. It was an amazing end.

Bro, me wey no dey go church for years now. On that day, I was just praying to God like a believer because of Messi grin.

May God forgive me!! grin

I’m glad the supreme being answered our prayers and crowned Messi’s effort.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Peacecore:
na y we and Almiron never gree since. Who notice say Obem never come online since. E fit be say d guy don die sef

Almiron wey be werey grin.

I done tone down my violence since Messi won the WC but the guy still dey fire any silly Penduists dey go, violence Pro Max. I too like Messi stans, Walahi!! grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by dfrost: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Why are you people like his nah? Allow the young man to rest. Haba? This is not needed at all.

He didn't get the gong. It's understandable. Well he brought it upon himself for that interview with PM angry

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
dfrost:
Why are you people like his nah? Allow the young man to rest. Haba? This is not needed at all.

He didn't get the gong. It's understandable. Well he brought it upon himself for that interview with PM angry

We understand bro

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Peacecore: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:

Almiron
Pinterest
Peacecore
Malignantguest
Thierryjay
Numerouno94

Chai! Is God not wonderful? This ur last picture mad ehh. God really save Messi and we here. Whr we 4 get mouth defend Messi among dis uncouth people. I was literally tired during that equalizer goal. God run am for us o

36 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of A Must Win Match Tomorrow(pics) / Community Shield: Atiku, Apostle Suleman React As Arsenal Defeat Liverpool / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.