Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,695 members, 7,959,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 11:06 AM

NIIT Or Aptech - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / NIIT Or Aptech (2560 Views)

Few Questions About Aptech Computer Institute??? / Niit Or Aptech? / Niit Or Aptech ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIIT Or Aptech by Fiona89: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
NIIT or Aptech, please which of these training institute is better to go to learn Web design and Web development?
Pls state your reasons.
Thanks.
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by Picomon(m): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2013
New horizon or Aptech.

But you can learn it on ur own.
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by ToyosiR(f): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hi,
Why not learn it from an individual that's an expert?

These schools just collect huge money and deliver litte.

Anyway, Of the two options, I think Apptech is better.
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by Princeolala: 1:20am On Sep 25, 2018
ToyosiR:
Hi,
Why not learn it from an individual that's an expert?

These schools just collect huge money and deliver litte.

Anyway, Of the two options, I think Apptech is better.

Anyone to tutor me in owerri here?
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by bassdow: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
Fiona89:
NIIT or Aptech, please which of these training institute is better to go to learn Web design and Web development?
Pls state your reasons.
Thanks.

TLDR :

If you're after the Certification - Either of them is Great and Recognized.
If you're after acquiring better Knowledge - can't say much about ApTech BUT NIIT isn't what it used to be back in the days.

BUT you would be in a much better shape Downloading Video or Non-Video Tutorials and Learning yourself. Then making sure you position yourself in such a way you are constantly making use of the Knowledge as that's the only way to get better.
Reading the best Tutorial wouldn't make you the best - Constant practice would.

If am allowed to advice you, I would say the following

1. Don't be deceived by the Big Names, Recognitions (most are living on previous GLORY) and sweet marketings and word of mouths from either of them.
2. Going into anything (most especially Science related) requires you
(a) have the PASSION for it.
(b) develop a PASSION for it.
(c) aren't going into that field solely for the Wealth OR Name you believe you have seen others get out of it.
(d) have a very strong WHY (reason) for choosing such field.
This is because Nothing is Hard or Easy. Everything has it's UPs and DOWNs. When the chips are down and disappointments sets in, it's either or all of 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, etc that would Keep You Matching FORWARD.

Everyone successful in one thing or the other would tell you of a (or numerous) Time(s) they almost gave up to start something different BUT something kept them going.

Also

When people come to Us asking to be Trained, I give them a very simple advice

Go download Tutorials, Read and Practice constantly.
When you are getting better to some extent, I would give you an opportunity of having a Real World Practical Experience if available.

In Web design and Development (whether you choose going for both or just one), consistency is key. A programmer who stays out of writing codes for just a week week wouldn't be doing him/her self much good.
A white Man once told me this - When you don't code for a Day, it's like you haven't coded for a Year.
You would easily forget certain things and might not even up to date with latest techniques .

Some people would Learn programming, then branch off into hustling something not related to it. They only know they once attended the Lessons BUT believe you me, they hardly remembers the little Theory let alone any practical aspect of it.
Having such a person as a Client can be a real Pain in the $ss as they would be too forward trying to let you know they very much know what they want and you are doing, are just too busy hence their reason for outsourcing the project out to you.

If you're Introverted, getting into Web Design and/or Web Development would be easier as there would be almost no source of Distractions . Also Introverts (Real Introverts Oooo not those who aren't opportuned to misbehave or had a very strict upbring) process informations differently.

NB: Am part of a large pool of developers, am Self-Taught, have worked among highly paid developers, I know a lot of CMS and Frameworks and Raw Languages AND I didn't attend any of these fancy Schools.
Have been in the midst of a Supervisor who didn't know much, he has several certifications among which is one from NIIT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NIIT Or Aptech by crunchyDope(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
Fiona89:
Pls state your reasons.
Thanks.
learn it urself ,
download pdfs
watch tutorials
i think dats d best way to learn programming
all u need is d will!

1 Like

Re: NIIT Or Aptech by Bamibor: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2018
bassdow:

TLDR :

If you're after acquiring better Knowledge - can't say much about ApTech BUT NIIT isn't what it used to be back in the days.

BUT you would be in a much better shape Downloading Video or Non-Video Tutorials and Learning yourself. Then making sure you position yourself in such a way you are constantly making use of the Knowledge as that's the only way to get better.

1. Don't be deceived by the Big Names, Recognitions (most are living on previous GLORY) and sweet marketings and word of mouths from either of them.
(c) aren't going into that field solely for the Wealth OR Name you believe you have seen others get out of it.
This is because Nothing is Hard or Easy. Everything has it's UPs and DOWNs. When the chips are down and disappointments sets in, it's either or all of 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, etc that would Keep You Matching FORWARD.

Everyone successful in one thing or the other would tell you of a (or numerous) Time(s) they almost gave up to start something different BUT something kept them going.

Also

When you are getting better to some extent, I would give you an opportunity of having a Real World Practical Experience if available.

In Web design and Development (whether you choose going for both or just one), consistency is key. A programmer who stays out of writing codes for just a week week wouldn't be doing him/her self much good.
A white Man once told me this - When you don't code for a Day, it's like you haven't coded for a Year.
You would easily forget certain things and might not even up to date with latest techniques .

Some people would Learn programming, then branch off into hustling something not related to it. They only know they once attended the Lessons BUT believe you me, they hardly remembers the little Theory let alone any practical aspect of it.
Having such a person as a Client can be a real Pain in the $ss as they would be too forward trying to let you know they very much know what they want and you are doing, are just too busy hence their reason for outsourcing the project out to you.

If you're Introverted, getting into Web Design and/or Web Development would be easier as there would be almost no source of Distractions . Also Introverts (Real Introverts Oooo not those who aren't opportuned to misbehave or had a very strict upbring) process informations differently.

NB: Am part of a large pool of developers, am Self-Taught, have worked among highly paid developers, I know a lot of CMS and Frameworks and Raw Languages AND I didn't attend any of these fancy Schools.
Have been in the midst of a Supervisor who didn't know much, he has several certifications among which is one from NIIT

Hello, I'd like to have a conversation with you. Kindly reply my message on your email. Thanks
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by sparkle6(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Both are trash. Charging exorbitant amount for teaching you the basics.
A programming guru in quora once said that ' Programming is just like playing tennis, schools will teach you how to hold a bat<basics> but to master it you need to immerse youself in it, read it like a book, watch others play it and play it yourself constantly. Only then will you be near perfect in it.
Make a self study timetable and learn it.
Dont pay 100k for just learning.
echo "Hello World";
Why pay niit while you still get the videos they give ynu from youtube.
Why waste your cash when you can be self made?
Those who teaches at Niit are mainly self taught. So use your number 6.
If you got the cash, fine!
But if you dont, think about this write up.

2 Likes

Re: NIIT Or Aptech by afonja112: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
The thing is, some people cannot learn on their own, they will be watching youtube funny videos, and playing candy-crush saga. They need a school to drill them.
But I dont believe so at all. You can learn on your own, even if it is slow, you will get it.

1 Like

Re: NIIT Or Aptech by sparkle6(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
afonja112:
The thing is, some people cannot learn on their own, they will be watching youtube funny videos, and playing candy-crush saga. They need a school to drill them.
But I dont believe so at all. You can learn on your own, even if it is slow, you will get it.
You are 101% right. I have noticied that whatever i learn on my own i hardly forget it. Because of the stress and brain racking it took me, wherever i see that problem i dont need refrencing back to my lecture notes it just solves it self.
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by bassdow: 12:39am On Nov 07, 2018
Bamibor:

Hello, I'd like to have a conversation with you. Kindly reply my message on your email. Thanks

Hi

Good day.

Kindly get in touch with us via +2349020325050 (Call & WhatsApp) or +2348111805040 .

I should be the person picking up your call should you call +2349020325050 or responding to your WhatsApp messages But if am not, just ask of Kingsley and they should put you through if am on Duty.

NB: Sending an email on NairaLand is almost senseless since all they do is tell you someone is trying to contact you.
They don't give you opportunity of giving a reason and when one's doing multiple things, it means you might never have idea of what the email was for.

Thanks and sorry for late response.
Re: NIIT Or Aptech by KingAzubuike(f): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2020
bassdow:

TLDR :

Also

You can learn on your own but please having the certificate is not a waste. It will go a long way in helping you most especially from a recognized institution like NIIT

(1) (Reply)

Join My Flutter/dart Developer Community On Whatsapp / Developers, Come In Lets Be Truthful. / Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.