Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Cambridge A Levels!!!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge A Levels!!!!! (27134 Views)

Unclad Twerker Now In Studying For A-Levels / 10 Year Old Nigerian Passes A Levels / Where Can A-levels Be Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
jayjagz: I've responded nw. Maybe you should check my earlier posts
Thanks but dat doesnt ansa d questions about d boarding facilities, fees and duration..
Is d boarding a dormitory or per room??
Is the tution/boarding fee till d end of the programme or per semester(how many months per semester)??
Can I register now and still take the May/June examination; Fisiks, Chem & Bio, hope it is allowed??
Added info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
jayjagz: I've responded nw. Maybe you should check my earlier posts
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aliciakeys: #screaming# Someone should be answer me... Somebody... Anybody....
Sanguine, baba_nl, Jayjagz, Chukwuma etc, esp those that attended EAC Ibadan should please give more details about the school.
Check out 34, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos. D-Ivy College. You can visit their website www.d-ivycollege.com, then i can tell you much more.. I hope you find this useful..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Okay now Alicia, though some of your questions have been answered already but now I'm gonna take time to boldly answer your questions just in the sequence that you have asked them... As best as I can. cheesy

Aliciakeys: Majority of us must have heard about Cambridge A levels, one way or the other but not everyone knows what it really entails or details about it.. Providing details about A levels will really help someone in need of it, someone like me..
Details required;

(1) Name of schools accredited for Cambridge A levels. (preferrably Enugu State) : I've no idea as regards any accredited centres in Enugu. But in IBadan, there are quite a good number of them; EAC, JSAY, ACHIEVERS, ASCENDING COLLEGE, SPIN TUTORIALS, ACA, etcetera.

(2) Location of schools: The Educational Advancement Centre (EAC), is located at No. 45, Awolowo Avenue, Old Bodija, Ibadan, Nigeria.

(3) Duration: It is usually a 10month crash programme. There are two diets in a year; May/June and October/November. It is usually preferable that you do the May/June diet.

(4) Fees range: If you're gonna be in the hostel, the total fees may run into say #400k (of which one is allowed to pay in installments). And that's not including all the books (which are rather not cheap) that you may need to buy. So considering that, one may budget like say #500k or thereabout. It may be more or less than that in other centres though.

(5) Requirements:A good O/level result. A few passports. You would also be required to pay for some form. And then you would be given a little general test. cheesy.

(6) Start date:If you're gonna do the May/June 2014 Diet, you should have started by August 2013. But then, there are always exceptions to every rule. Some persons enrol for just 3months, write the exams and come out with brilliant results, and some other persons enrol for close to 15months and still come out with woeful results... It all depends on you. Having said that, you could go ahead and register now, it's not too late yet.

(7) End date: The programme ends the day you write the last paper of the exams. cheesy.

[8] Benefits: Now, the most important benefit of the A/level programme is that it catapaults you straight to 200level in any university of your choice, both at home and Abroad (as long as you have the required grades). And just like someone said, it gives you an edge over those who only did Jamb. You would realise other benefits when you eventually start the programme. wink.

[9] etc: Now, I must add this... Cambridge A/level is totally different from JAMB. There are definitely gonna be a whole lotta distractions. You have to stay focused, resilient, determined, hardworking to achieve your desired goals. It's sure not gonna be easy, but I bet you, it'd be real worth it at the end... trust me. wink.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I urge YOU to take up the challenge. And as you do, be sure to set your targets real high so that par-adventure you fall, you'd fall just very close to the set target.

Now Alicia, I hope that does it. cheesy.

GOODLUCK!!

1 Like

Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi:

the Asian guys here are bloody SMART.......................... Had a problem sha, that's why I wanna relocate to the UK
shocked was it serious?? shocked do u mind sharing cheesy cheesy ?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
chukwuma00:
shocked was it serious?? shocked do u mind sharing cheesy cheesy ?
can't disclose it here...............this is a public place
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi:
can't disclose it here...............this is a public place
understood..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
chukwuma00:
understood..

thanks
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi:

thanks
so how'd u move? UCAS?, other?, which school?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alicia, your answers...
Aliciakeys:
Thanks but dat doesnt ansa d questions about d boarding facilities, fees and duration..
Ans: it depends on the sch. In my sch, it was two/room

Is the tution/boarding fee till d end of the programme or per semester(how many months per semester)??
Ans: Till the end of the programme, if u'd do it for a year. But u can negotiate, and pay instalmentally.

Can I register now and still takes the May/June examination; Ans: Yes Fisiks, Chem & Bio, hope it is allowed??
Ans: Absolutely!

Added info will be appreciated.
Ans: Hurry up! Make a decision. Dont waste any more time if u really want to write the may/june examinations.
Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
chukwuma00:
so how'd u move? UCAS?, other?, which school?

International Year one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can apply direct to the school. But they require IELTS, which I have written
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by slord(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
@aliciakeys ,if u want any info whatsoever abt ASCENDING COLLEGE,IBADAN,call this no-08050992081.the skul's secretary would be d one to pick it nd wud give u al wat u nid to knw,dats it.u cn feed me back if need be.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Aliciakeys:
Can I register now and still take the May/June examination; Fisiks, Chem & Bio, hope it is allowed??
Added info will be appreciated. Thanks.
concerning the fees; there might have been an increase considering the economic situation in Nigeria but it's should be around 250k+ for 2 semesters and it includes feeding, laundry among others. I don't really know about the female hostel but the boys hostel is mostly 4 in a room. The answer to the last question belongs to you because it is hinged on your ability, seriousness, determination, prospective course and desired grades. It is actually 10months for the 2 semesters, just like my oga said, but some don't spend up to such duration and they've achieved their goals. Although, they will doubt you and want to discourage you not to write the exam because they feel the duration is too short and they don't want you to waste your money. However, if you're determined and insistent, they'll ask you to write a letter of undertaken just like I was asked to. In short, you must be very prepared to face the battle if you're writing this May/june because anybody going for medicine needs at least 13points( though some schools don't take that e.g. Unilag). So it's no child's play but you won't regret writing the exam. Can someone bear me witness?
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
You can see me in camera for the phone number of the Coordinator, Educational Advancement Centre(EAC).
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
nnn
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2013
can fees be refunded if paraventure dia is a change of plans?? Both reg, tuition and hostel fees??
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2013
A question abt EAC Ibadan is still unanswered, please I want 2 knw d no of ppl per room? Thanks.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Sanguine(f): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Aliciakeys: A question abt EAC Ibadan is still unanswered, please I want 2 knw d no of ppl per room? Thanks.

The fees are non-refundable. And I wouldn' be in the best position to answer the question as regards how many people to a room as I never was in the hostel...
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Aliciakeys: can fees be refunded if paraventure dia is a change of plans?? Both reg, tuition and hostel fees??
hmm.. u seem quite indecisive.. got other plans? Gather enough info, sit down, get a drink, weigh your options, and make up your mind.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2013
chukwuma00:
hmm.. u seem quite indecisive.. got other plans? Gather enough info, sit down, get a drink, weigh your options, and make up your mind.
Ma mind is already made up.. Life is nt a one-way course, u ve 2 weigh all possibilties and sides, and dats jst wat am doing.... Dia shld alwaz be room for "maybe, incase" and its likes.. Though we dnt pray 4 dat atimes.. Thanks...
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Lemme drop ma digits incase an info cums up and am nt onlyn cos ma browsin is nw limited; 08170900997..... Thanks..
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Aliciakeys: Lemme drop ma digits incase an info cums up and am nt onlyn cos ma browsin is nw limited; 08170900997..... Thanks..

are you serious?

You dropped your contact on a public forum like this?

A girl for that matter.

Lemme add u on whatsapp

LOL
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by akereconfi: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
akereconfi:

are you serious?

A girl for that matter.

Lemme add u on whatsapp

LOL

mtchewww not even on whatsapp sef
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
akereconfi:

are you serious?

A girl for that matter.

Lemme add u on whatsapp

LOL
Dunno wia ur mind s goin 2 buh I c no harm in dat.. Thanks for your opinion though.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Amanda6(f): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
Am planning on attendin eac in august 2014 and taking the edexcel international A level exam by january 2015 do u think that will work.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Amanda6(f): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
Is laptops allowed in hostels
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by jayjagz: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Amanda6: Is laptops allowed in hostels
Yes, it is.
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by hannesy(f): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
We have one in enugu doyen academy bt is just like a secondry school no phone,no laptop nd no going out,u will spend approximately 900k a year just a yrs prog
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Amanda6(f): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Amanda6: Am planning on attendin eac in august 2014 and taking the edexcel international A level exam by january 2015 do u think that will work.
is it possible
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Aliciakeys(f): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2013
@Amanda.... A levels exams are May/June and Oct/Nov....
That means if your are to start August 2014, you will take the exams May/June 2015...
Re: Cambridge A Levels!!!!! by Amanda6(f): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2013
There is a uk exam body called edexcel and they offer A levels in january and may/june, they r recognised just lyk cambridge A level, so i'm just asking if starting Class in july/ august be enough to write Edexcel in january.edexcel is kind of easier than cambridge A level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / Why I Won't Go Back For My Masters (M.sc) Now As A Fresh Nigerian Graduate / NDA Dismisses 18 Cadets For Exam Malpractices, Brutality, Indiscipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.