Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? (1462 Views)

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2013
I got this off the front page. Its a reply from someone who is supposedly sane while He was commenting on the death of the former ASUU president prof. Festus Iyayi.

Pembisco: May be TB joshua was ryt wen he said it is God's
wil dt nigerian universities be opened nd dt any1
who stands in d way of God's will hav hmslf be
blamed, nd maybe dis prof who is vry influencial
voted against calling off dis strike. Who knws. Rip
prof.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by adezjamz(m): 7:55am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind: I got this off the front page. Its a reply from someone who is supposedly sane while He was commenting on the death of the former ASUU president prof. Festus Iyayi.

it seems U̶̲̥̅̊ need to check urself 1st, abi hw his comment change U̶̲̥̅̊?

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Ellatyra(f): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2013
Oh yes!TB said it indeed....and Uniben voted against the suspension off the strike action on mondaay....and op what's ur point exactly? TB didn't say it or you don't believe in the prophecies of TB joshua or the accident has nothing to do with anything?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2013
Oh Nigerians! sad
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2013
Ellatyra: Oh yes!TB said it indeed....and Uniben voted against the suspension off the strike action on mondaay....and op what's ur point exactly? TB didn't say it or you don't believe in the prophecies of TB joshua or the accident has nothing to do with anything?

My point is, no one needed to die for Gods will to prevail. Gods will cannot be subject to the profs will. That someone could even entertain the thoughts alone is beyond me. That is what religion does, It numbs the brain. Would he had said the same if the man is his father?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 13, 2013
adezjamz: it seems U̶̲̥̅̊ need to check urself 1st, abi hw his comment change U̶̲̥̅̊?

The comment exposes the depravity of the religious mind.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

The comment exposes the depravity of the religious mind.
Bro, that's a hasty and irrational conclusion.
Because logicboy exhibits great ignorance does not mean that all atheists are ignorant.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: Bro, that a hasty and irrational conclusion.
Because logicboy exhibits great ignorance does not mean that all atheists are ignorant.

Hasty I may partially agree with, irrational I totally disagree with.

God has a will, man has a will. Gods will has to prevail and will prevail so the man has to DIE. What sort of mind will entertain this kind of thought if not a religiously depraved mind.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Hasty I may partially agree with, irrational I totally disagree with.

God has a will, man has a will. Gods will has to prevail and will prevail so the man has to DIE. What sort of mind will entertain this kind of thought if not a religiously depraved mind.
If you checked properly, you would have noticed that your comment, in relation to Adezjamz's, says nothing about what you are saying now.
My concern, built from your response, is the reason you will use the statement of a person to condemn the intelligence of the general.
As for the above, we can talk more on it when we've effectively tackled the begging claim.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: If you checked properly, you would have noticed that your comment, in relation to Adezjamz's, says nothing about what you are saying now.
My concern, built from your response, is the reason you will use the statement of a person to condemn the intelligence of the general.
As for the above, we can talk more on it when we've effectively tackled the begging claim.

It does say something about it. Such comments make me cringe seeing how depraved the religious mind can be. That's how it changes me. It renews my atheistic beliefs.

You said I'm using one statement to condemn the intelligence of the general, do you notice how ellatyra doesn't even see anything wrong with it? Five people even liked the post as at when I saw it. Most if not all are exactly like that.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

It does say something about it. Such comments make me cringe seeing how depraved the religious mind can be.
How can you know how intellectually depraved a people are in a mixed society by observing a particular person, whose statement is not even in line with the accepted norms of the people.
I don't know if you get me now.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by UyiIredia(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2013
Kolomentality.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: How can you know how intellectually depraved a people are in a mixed society by observing a particular person, whose statement is not even in line with the accepted norms of the people.
I don't know if you get me now.

The bolded is exactly where ure missing it bro. His statement is PERFECTLY in line with the accepted norm.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

The bolded is exactly where ure missing it bro. His statement is PERFECTLY in line with the accepted norm.
No, it is not. You can convince me otherwise.
Simply show me how this is in line with the accepted christain norm.
adezjamz: it seems U̶̲̥̅̊ need to check urself 1st, abi hw his comment change U̶̲̥̅̊?
No distractions.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Kolomentality.

I'm telling you. What I still don't understand is how they manage to entertain this kind of thoughts.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: No, it is not. You can convince me otherwise.
Simply show me how this is in line with the accepted christain norm.

No distractions.

cheesy seems u don't even understand. The guy you quoted was referring to how the guys COMMENT which I quoted changes me. My reply to him is how that same guys COMMENT changes me. By saying the comment exposes the depravity of the religious mind, I'm simply referring to that initial comment which I quoted not his own comment.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:
I'm simply referring to that initial comment which I quoted not his own comment.
Okay. I get you now. But he was only quoting T.B joshua. I don't know who is good or standing in God's way here.
But don't you agree that anyone who stands in the way of God or fellow man will have himself to blame for the repercussion?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. I get you now. But he was only quoting T.B joshua. I don't know who is good or standing in God's way here.
But don't you agree that anyone who stands in the way of God or fellow man will have himself to blame for the repercussion?

I understand T.B Joshua is the chief culprit but that doesn't still justify his own statement.

And as for the bolded, it depends on what you mean by repercussion. If you mean death, I totally and absolutely don't agree with it.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:
And as for the bolded, it depends on what you mean by repercussion. If you mean death, I totally and absolutely don't agree with it.
Meaning the person, surely, is to be blamed but death is not the proper repercusion?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: Meaning the person, surely, is to be blamed but death is not the proper repercusion?

It still depends bro. Has God revelead it to him personally in clear terms (such that he doesn't feel its hallucinations) its his will? If yes, then a repercussion will do. He could had simply be bed ridden and won't be able to partake in the meeting.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by dnacrystal: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2013
It is not your business what they think with their minds. It is their life, not yours.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2013
dnacrystal: It is not your business what they think with their minds. It is their life, not yours.

By your convoluted logic, how is it your business what I say with my mouth? Its my life not yours.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

It still depends bro. Has God revelead it to him personally in clear terms (such that he doesn't feel its hallucinations) its his will? If yes, then a repercussion will do. He could had simply be bed ridden and won't be able to partake in the meeting.
Frankly speaking, I don't get you.
Are you saying that anybody who stands in your way should not be blamed for the repercusion or effect of it?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: Frankly speaking, I don't get you.
Are you saying that anybody who stands in your way should not be blamed for the repercusion or effect of it?

That's what I'm saying. The person should be blamed and can face repercussions. But then, we need to first analyse how the person stood in my way and what repercussion exactly we are talking about.

Someone can stand in my way and still be forgiven without any repercussions. It all depends bro.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by dnacrystal: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

By your convoluted logic, how is it your business what I say with my mouth? Its my life not yours.
Ok.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
rationalmind:

That's what I'm saying. The person should be blamed and can face repercussions.
Good. Now you confuse me when you blame christains for holding that one who who stands in God's way should be blamed. You are supporting our argument.
rationalmind:
But then, we need to first analyse how the person stood in my way and what repercussion exactly we are talking about.
We can do that.
rationalmind:

Someone can stand in my way and still be forgiven without any repercussions. It all depends bro.
Yes. The same way God is merciful. That I refuse to show mercy, but rather, penalize a criminal with the right punishment does not in any way makes me a bad person.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus: Good. Now you confuse me when you blame christains for holding that one who who stands in God's way should be blamed. You are supporting our argument.
We can do that.
Yes. The same way God is merciful. That I refuse to show mercy, but rather, penalize a criminal with the right punishment does not in any way makes me a bad person.

So, what exactly is your point? That there whoever stands in Gods way should be killed as punishment?

I don't know what ure driving at. You mean the right punishment for standing in Gods way when you most likely don't even know ure standing in his way is for him to kill you?

You can't be serious
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by RationalDude(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
How can you possibly even stand in the way of god?
what does it mean to stand in the way of god?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by MrTroll(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Reyginus, do you see anythign wrong with the statement in the OP?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
RationalDude: How can you possibly even stand in the way of god?
what does it mean to stand in the way of god?

The same way d ex ASUU president in their opinion stood in Gods way.
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2013
rationalmind:

So, what exactly is your point? That there whoever stands in Gods way should be killed as punishment?
I don't know where you are getting this impression from.
My words I perfectly understand but the meaning you are reading to it, I am not responsible.
The contention was whether a person should be blamed for standing in God's way and not whether death is the right punishment.
You didn't even agree that the person should be blamed, in the first place. I wonder how you come about this new twist.
Maybe you need to read your op again.
rationalmind:

I don't know what ure driving at. You mean the right punishment for standing in Gods way when you most likely don't even know ure standing in his way is for him to kill you?
Lol. Stop shifting the goal post. Our argiment was not on the punishment metted but whether we should be blamed for the effect of standing in his way.
And where in the op did it say that T.B Joshua prophesized death on the enemies of God.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
rationalmind:

You can't be serious
Lol. I think it is the other way round.
Here is a summary of how it went.
rationalmind(rm): This comment shows the depravity of the christain mind.
Reyginus{Rey}: That is hasty and irrational.
RM: Hasty, yes, irrational no.
Rey: How can athe statement of a particular person influence your opinion of the general?
RM: Don't you see that so and so post has got five likes because of it?
Rey: How can you know the general from a misguided particula
RM: He is not misguided, he is perfectly in line with the general position.
Rey: Explain to me how this is line with the accepted norm.
RM: oh! I am talking about the initial post. The op.
Rey: Do you agree one who stands in your way should be blamed for the repercusion?
RM: I don't understand what you mean by repercusion, but if death, I disagree.
(Then you begin to wonder where the op talked about death)
Rey: Meaning the person surely is to be blamed for the repercusion?
RM: Yes, but not when it is death.
(Now you wonder again if he is saying something from the op, since the op never mentioned death)
Rey: I don't understand. Should we or should we not blame the person.
RM: We should but what about forgiveness.
Rey: Now its obvious you are supporting our argument since we are not saying death is the penalty for standing in God's way, but that their is a penalty. And mercy is not your right too.
(a new twist)
RM: What are you saying now? That somebody should be killed for standing in God's way?
Rey: Lol. Where did I say that?
Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With These People? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 14, 2013
Mr Troll: Reyginus, do you see anythign wrong with the statement in the OP?
Yes. Ofcourse.
But I see nothing wrong in man having himself to be blamed for standing in the way of God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Mother Theresa Overrated? / Ghanaian Pastor Jailed For 5yrs In Uk After He Forgot His Name @heathrow Airport / 13 Reasons Why I Am A Muslim – Emmanuel Adebayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.