Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) (79941 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / TB Joshua’s Prophecy On US Election Comes True…[only In Online Polls]… / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 31, 2015
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .

My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

A confused fellow here..Answers are needed pls ??

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 31, 2015
their sins were washed by animal blood. And they were only to obey ten commandments to make heaven during their time. But mind you, the bible says in d book of revelation dat jesus is the lamb of God SLAIN FROM D FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD. So christ has always been the way old or new testament. Just dat old testament used symbolic blood of animal while they look forward to his physical death, new testament use faith while looking backward to his death. Abraham and abel were not saved by works of self righteousness, they were saved by works of faith(actions which proved they loved God above anything else). Ask yourself, why did old testament saints resurrect from the grave after the death of Christ according to the book of Matthew? These souls were waiting for Jesus - the ultimate redeemer. Paul says in Hebrew that it was nt possible for blood of bulls to take away sin. All old testament saints where held down until Christ resurrected, they resurrected with him- so he is their savior and our savior too

404 Likes 29 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kimond101: 1:45pm On May 31, 2015
The reality is what people fail to comprehend is that the one who strive to attain paradise is one who submits to the will of God and do righteous good deeds and avoid ascribing partners in worship with God.
Abraham submitted to the will of God
Joseph submitted to the will of God
David submitted to the will of God
Moses submitted to the will of God
Jesus submitted to the will of God
Muhammad submitted to the will of God
Everyone one of them was sent at a particular time. And whoever follow their way at that time shall not perish but have eternal life if God wills.
None of them ever said you should worship them neither did they call themselves God.
To submit to the will of God alone without ascribing partners with him is only defined by one religion and that is Islam.

288 Likes 27 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by harjiyoung(m): 1:51pm On May 31, 2015
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .
My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

A confused fellow here..Answers are needed pls ??
I wonder oh!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 31, 2015
Cc lalasticlala and other mods involved...Urgent answers needed pls
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by SuperSuave(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2015
they were talking to God then without Jesus the medium who died for us.

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by tociano009(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
No idea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by niceguy7(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
God understands....

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by BigElEddy(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
The bible and all other "spiritual" books have too many unanswered question. One of the many reasons many people don't do religion anymore. To me, live your life right and do good by your conscience. If there is a God out there, the only thing he gave to man to guide his ways is his conscience and not any book be it Bible or Quran. If God actually sent us a book he would make it easy for anyone and everyone to understand it easily.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by omanifrank(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Pastor must hear this

4 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by eleojo23: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
When they sacrificed the animals (lambs, bulls and goats) in the Old testament, it was a symbolism of what Christ would come to do for mankind. The lamb died in their place the same way Jesus would later come to die in our place.

One thing you have to understand is the timelessness of the cross of Christ. That is, it cuts across time.

When those people in the old testament made those sacrifices, they were looking forward to the future Christ who would come to die for man. The blood of the lambs covered their sins until when Jesus would come to finally take away the sins
Likewise we who are in the present day look back in time to what Christ did on the cross for us to be saved.

So in essence, the sacrifices prescribed by God for them at that time was enough.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
wink
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ionsman: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
The laws changed.... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father

Which bible, book, chapter, verse uu see that quote? Ansa mee fast!!

5 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Dandeson1(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
Today is my birthday, 50 likes will be okay from you guys *wink

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Chinaimporter: 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
mmm.....the bible itself is very contradictory. I wonder why you are giving yourself headache over this issue.

There are more complicated verses than that, the question should be

is the bible truly complete?

is heaven real or is it an imaginary place we all dream off?

Then you can then ask

is Jesus the only and true way to heaven?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by cold(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
You cannot question god. End of story. This is most likely the best response you'll get here.

4 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by buccal(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, says the
LORD.

12 Likes 1 Share

Hian!!!
See question o
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ITbomb(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
Watch as atheists would invade this thread

3 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by nnanyereugo(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
D op is rily a confused fellow, I pray God 4gvs u
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by freecocoa(f): 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Those ones were supposedly saved by the animal blood they shed in sacrifice to God.

The concept of heaven and Hell doesn't make sense btw, I can't even tell such inconsistent stories to my kids.

I think you Nigerian Christians should worry about your fore parents who didn't know nothing about jesus nor the God you worship, guess they are all in hell.grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Since the fall of man, the basis of salvation has always been the death of Christ. No one, either prior to the cross or since the cross, would ever be saved without that one pivotal event in the history of the world. Christ's death paid the penalty for past sins of Old Testament saints and future sins of New Testament saints.

The requirement for salvation has always been faith. The object of one's faith for salvation has always been God. The psalmist wrote, “Blessed are all who take refuge in him” (Psalm 2:12). Genesis 15:6 tells us that Abraham believed God and that was enough for God to credit it to him for righteousness. The Old Testament sacrificial system did not take away sin, as Hebrews 10:1-10 clearly teaches. It did, however, point to the day when the Son of God would shed His blood for the sinful human race.

What has changed through the ages is the content of a believer's faith. God's requirement of what must be believed is based on the amount of revelation He has given mankind up to that time. This is called progressive revelation. Adam believed the promise God gave in Genesis 3:15 that the Seed of the woman would conquer Satan. Adam believed Him, demonstrated by the name he gave Eve (v. 20) and the Lord indicated His acceptance immediately by covering them with coats of skin (v. 21). At that point that is all Adam knew, but he believed it.

Abraham believed God according to the promises and new revelation God gave him in Genesis 12 and 15. Prior to Moses, no Scripture was written, but mankind was responsible for what God had revealed. Throughout the Old Testament, believers came to salvation because they believed that God would someday take care of their sin problem. Today, we look back, believing that He has already taken care of our sins on the cross (John 3:16; Hebrews 9:28).

Source

23 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by phlio(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Simple question
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
You should understand there are different dispensations and now we are in the dispensation of Grace. Those you mentioned were saved by their faith in God and works for God. The Bible says Abraham's faith was counted to him for righteousness.

We needed Jesus to come save us because so many were being deceived by the devil and paganism was everywhere. And with Jesus came Christianity which is having relationship with God (or having direct access to God)

5 Likes 1 Share

Hold on let me go get my thinking cap...
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ALAYORMII: 2:41pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmm
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 31, 2015
nnanyereugo:
D op is rily a confused fellow, I pray God 4gvs u
forgive him for what exactly? no wonder some people believe that believers are dull

op, as for the question, I believe they would be judged according to their morals; although morality is relative.

There are hundreds of tribes that are yet to experience civilization let alone hear about Christ. do you think they all would go to hell? of course not

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Gepheral: 2:42pm On May 31, 2015
Somebody...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.