Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? (11324 Views)

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lilimax: I check frequently especially while driving on a free road because I may be tempted to speed unknowingly.
I've never gone beyond 80km/hr; but If I'm opportuned to ride with my hubby, my eyes are fixed on it.
He has this tendency of driving btw 100-120km/h on a free road and I will always caution him...

smiley 100-120km/hr and u caution him?

You and I would not even drive in the same car.
My regular cruising speed on the highway is 160km/hr and btw 80-120km/hr within town.

I don't like my engine speed rising above 3*1000rpm so my eyes basically flirt between the tachometer and speedometer every 6 secs. But only momentarily.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by zeennurei(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check mine frequently at an interval of 30-50secs, on highway I do 120-140KM/H
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nicepoker(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check mine when the car is on idle mode. Op are u satisfied?
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
ogtavia:

please,keep ur eyes on d road and pity oda drivers on d road,drivers lyk u always make me feel justified for driving a bit carelessly by overtaking even if a car is approaching,honking with annoyance or even overtaking u at a bend wenever u ar in front me on d road...

Lmao!
Kee yourself tongue
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by anselm791(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
elektra80:

yea screw the rest including ur temperature gauge. No wonder many cars break down on the road due to overheating.

Well I can smell and see hot fumes when my car is over heating, I can also guess how fast I'm going by the wind on my skin, but try guessing how much fuel you have left and you will find yourself in the middle of 3rd mainland bridge stranded.lol. And the many cars you find broken down on the road belongs to idiots who don't check for water and oil before they leave their house.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by DimitriLavrov: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
rexbuton: my whole dashboard circuits got burnt since january, only the temperature and frost light indicator works.. What do You need speedometer for? Are You a learner? Or You work with F .R . S .C ?

What do you mean burnt? Could be one tiny fuse that blew out and you simply do not care...
Dont tell me you are driving a tiper.
FRSC IS WATCHING!
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by elektra80: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
anselm791:

Well I can smell and see hot fumes when my car is over heating, I can also guess how fast I'm going by the wind on my skin, but try guessing how much fuel you have left and you will find yourself in the middle of 3rd mainland bridge stranded.lol. And the many cars you find broken down on the road belongs to idiots who don't check for water and oil before they leave their house.

Let me guess, u also don't give a f**k if u have a flashing D light on ur dash, or when u have a check engine light on
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Freiburger(m): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tinyemeka:

smiley 100-120km/hr and u caution him?

You and I would not even drive in the same car.
My regular cruising speed on the highway is 160km/hr and btw 80-120km/hr within town.

I don't like my engine speed rising above 3*1000rpm so my eyes basically flirt between the tachometer and speedometer every 6 secs. But only momentarily.

Micheal Schumacher, i hail o.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ogtavia(m): 12:46am On Nov 14, 2013
elektra80:

Let me guess, u also don't give a f**k if u have a flashing D light on ur dash, or when u have a check engine light on

so by now, u want to tell me u dnt know d kind of car he drives ehh..?
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ogtavia(m): 12:48am On Nov 14, 2013
Choicegirl:

Lmao!
Kee yourself tongue

There should a penalty or fine for driving too slow..
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 14, 2013
I've never gone past 110km/hr (and that was once) on a free road, around town am a 60-40km/hr guy (call me a slow driver). So I don't check the speedometer often, maybe once, every 10minutes.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 12:56am On Nov 14, 2013
ogtavia:

Too slow compared to what, the moving rides, the speed limit or what would be the yardstick?
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 12:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Phder: I've never gone past 110km/hr (and that was once) on a free road, around town am a 60-40km/hr guy (call me a slow driver). So I don't check the speedometer often, maybe once, every 10minutes.

That is really nice, better to be slow and be alive than fastly and furiously kill yourself and other road users . . . . fast or slow, you will get to where you are going. . . .

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 14, 2013
I wish to drive NASCAR someday cool

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by anselm791(m): 5:28am On Nov 14, 2013
elektra80:

Flashing D? Check light? Hehehe I like the idea you think I drive a plane for a car, I drive a faithful 'first lady', never failed me, could take me to same places your range sports could go. I'm proud of my lady cause she's my first and I'm only a student.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by anselm791(m): 5:30am On Nov 14, 2013
ogtavia:

so by now, u want to tell me u dnt know d kind of car he drives ehh..?

'Mr. Oversabi', please what kind of car is it?
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by misled: 5:33am On Nov 14, 2013
I just drive reasonably
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2013
ogtavia:

We should be encouraged and commended for being cautious drivers.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Edunwa302(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2013
elektra80: I always have my eyes on the instrument cluster every 30-60 secs. I don't only check the speedometer but also the temperature gauge. I also check my mirrors every few seconds. I am always gentle on gas depending on the road and traffic. On the highway once i get to 120-130 i take it easy.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Edunwa302(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2013
elektra80: I always have my eyes on the instrument cluster every 30-60 secs. I don't only check the speedometer but also the temperature gauge. I also check my mirrors every few seconds. I am always gentle on gas depending on the road and traffic. On the highway once i get to 120-130 i take it easy.
same my driving habit
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Chrislaug(m): 7:20am On Nov 14, 2013
My regular cruising speed on the highway is between 170km/hr - 200km/hr. Thank God for fast cars. Connect diff cities in a day for delivery. Within town I move @100km/hr, at times 90km/hr n I'm always watching my rear view.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by paix(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2013
Very often, I drive a manual gear car, it helps me know when to shift up or down to maximize fuel efficiency.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by xfay(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2013
I maintain a cruising speed between 100-120KM/hr on the highway may go lil higher if I want to keep a reckless driver at a comfortable distance. however u should see me accelerate to that speed men!!!! I love manual, fast shifts close to redline.........
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Polio: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2013
I check whenever i want.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Originalsly: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2013
I check when police ahead...see them in my rear view mirror...when approaching their usual radar hideouts....and I do check when the car goes into overdrive. Other than that...I see no need....I go with the flow.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is really nice, better to be slow and be alive than fastly and furiously kill yourself and other road users . . . . fast or slow, you will get to where you are going. . . .
On point.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by caesaraba(m): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2013
Choicegirl:

We should be encouraged and commended for being cautious drivers.

Exactly!
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 14, 2013
ogtavia:

true,depends on d kind of car i am drving,if its an SUV,i hit 100 easily most times esp on d highway without luking at d speedometer,if its my mom's car,a nissan..i dnt do more than 100,however if i am driving my ''pimped out'' classic W123 benz,no matter au fast i wnt to go,i dnt do more than 120...at 120,its like the car is abt to take off from d ground..for drivers of ''clean and roadworthy'' W123 mercedes benz,u'll understand wat i am saying...
I do 140km/h with the w123 in which also belongs to my mom. The car shakes at 80km/h, but as soon as u reach 90 the shaking disappears and u are good to go. A lot of people always look surprise when I overtake them with that thing. The only annoying thing with the car is the fuel consumption, it drinks fuel as if you are drinking water. But the car never disappoints u on the road.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Oneprodigy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
btw 100-120km/hr with my camry...and thats on 3rd mlb or between Iyana oworo, Ogudu and Estate .I wonder how people do 180 - 200... pple get mind o.. well maybe when I eventually get a mercedes benz SUV. I learnt those machines don't land on their backs.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
Oneprodigy: btw 100-120km/hr with my camry...and thats on 3rd mlb or between Iyana oworo, Ogudu and Estate .I wonder how people do 180 - 200... pple get mind o.. well maybe when I eventually get a mercedes benz SUV. I learnt those machines don't land on their backs .

That's a myth but very untrue. I know that any tall heavy thing isn't sporty. All SUVs whether sport, AMG, M series, supercharged, SRT8 etc or not, whether with adaptive suspension or not, whether with spoilers or not, aren't truly sporty as compared to a sedan or hatch that's sport tuned. SUVs have high centre of gravity than most small sedan, hatchbacks, estates. Wind draught, cross winds etc affects their handling very considerably, a small sedan might have the ability to take a sharp bend at a speed of 160km but NEVER try it with any SUV you might end that journey with a roll over. They don't have that sporty finesse as a small sedan hunkered to the ground does.

I saw a Nairaland page sometime ago where a black mercedes G wagon plunged into a river and all the occupants perished.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by leeland(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
I always check my speeedometer wen am on a free road,but make sure I dnt exceed 100.Am still young and haven't achieved all yet.Am a gentle driver and very calculative.Wish everybody can be like me,Drive safely to make people nt cry over you for your stupidity.Wish you all the best.Merry christmas in advance.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by jamoskky(m): 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
I maintain 80-120

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You: / 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? / How Good Are Liberty Jeeps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.