Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? (11926 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine? / Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Avalani(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
linearity: Your question pre-supposes that you already have the cash on hand and are in a dilemma whether to use it or get a loan.

The best option is to treat it as investment and see if you will be a least even at the end of the day...

First see what the loan will cost you in interest rate or APR....Also see how much it will cost you to get a personal on secured loan from the bank...if the situation currently in Nigeria is same as it is in developed countries, the interest on the car loan will be lower than the personal loan because the car acts as a security.....look at it this way..

Given the above, I will invest the money and take the loan....at the minimum your investment cash flow has a boost which is equal to the difference between the above two interest rates.

A good and effortless investment for that cash is to buy a land, put a fence around it and either sit on it or gradually start developing it.

While the land is an asset and will continue to appreciate in value, your car is a liability will continue to depreciate. If you hit a financial bump in the road tomorrow, you can turn around and sell the land, payoff the loan...and you will still have some change in your pocket plus you will have your car to either sell to make more money or keep...but had you bought the car outright, you will get less than 50% of the original value.

smart, you are
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Lukatarule(m): 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
oguash: it depends on what is good for you at the time
its makes no brain to buy a car using loan unles u want to use it commercially

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
I tink I"m in such a dilemna myself...but finally I tink it all boils down to where u reside and the kinda work you do....a car's is a neccesity in a place like abj,cos u"ll spend even more and be half fulfilled in the long run if u reside in a place like dt,plus u"ll nid to get to work early and meet up with appoinments...abj's banned some kinda transportation,hence one can really come out early in a bid to meet an appoinment,only to spend like 2hrs waiting for cabs or bus,thereby,the car comes in as a neccesity nt really a liability....buying outright,wil leave you with little or no money @ hand....I tink I'd even go for a suggestion a nairalander made,by using loan,den buy a land and develop gradually...seems to me like killing two birds with one stone...tnxx 4 dt advice(u knw ursef)...I"ll do js dt,so I suggest op does the same....
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by treatise: 5:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You need it knocked into your empty head that financial methodology is independent of environment, financial institutions, countries, debtors, cement used in building the bank, malaria that affects the people, asaro the banker ate the previous night etc.

Just like the chemical table is independent of environment, chemical firms, countries, patients, cement used in building the factory, malaria that affects the people, asaro the chemist ate the previous night etc.

Blocking such facts from entering your thick skull and cemented oblongata is an example of refusing to learn. Tell mummy, you need to go back to school.

This is an epitome of intellectual rascality that's omni-directional which at best induces an virtual anomie. Economics/education is tailored toward the advancement of the society not the demontration of bestial sarcasm !
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 15, 2013
treatise:

This is an epitome of intellectual rascality that's omni-directional which at best induces an virtual anomie. Economics/education is tailored toward the advancement of the society not the demontration of bestial sarcasm !

grin grin The Vo-ca-bu-la-ry wasn't necessary.
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by charles316: 7:13am On Nov 15, 2013
treatise:

Bros,abeg no vex.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Sagamite(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2013
charles316:

Bros,abeg no vex.

Abeg, helep me beg am o.

The bobo wan scatter my head with grammar. He dey think say I go skool. grin
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2013
packman: [size=15pt]FUNNY QUESTION....... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OP NO GO KILL ME.......... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHICH NIGERIAN BANK DO YOU THINK WOULD LOAN YOU MONEY TO BUY CAR..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
So u tink its ony banks dt gives loan...for him to talk about loan,do you tink he was refering to a bank...they"re a lot of corpoerate organisations that are willing to give loan...all you js nid do is apply...esp if you"re a fed.govt worker...there's alwaz d coperative to get ur loan from,cos ur job's enuf security and they"ll take back their moni frm ur salary every month,depending on ow much u even want dem to take....with very little interest rate too,cos dts the whole aim of coperative
OGA YOU DEY NIGERIA.......OOOOOOO

HAHAHAAHHA.....[/size] [size=40pt]YIMU [/size]
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by treatise: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Yeecar:
For Tokunbo?
It is for both brand new and tokunbo, the tenor for brand new is 4 four years whilst that of tokunbo is 3. Good luck.
Re: Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? by treatise: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin The Vo-ca-bu-la-ry wasn't necessary.
The uncomplimentary narratives of the guy spurred the semantic gymnastics. Make u nor blame joor !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Hold And Use Your Gear Selector? (photos) / Please Help Me Choose Bwt Eod & 406 / What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Naija Used Car??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.