Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property (29332 Views)

Nigerians Want Eaglets Rewarded With Cash / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
The Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, has showered the sum of N1 million each to four players of the Golden Eaglets’ team and the sum of N2 million to the assistant coach who are indigenes of Imo state.

While receiving four of the players Kelechi Iheanacho, Chidiebere Nwakali, Chidera Ezeh and Uzoha Odinaka alongside the team’s Assistant Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke at the Government House in Owerri the Imo state capital, the governor congratulated the players for making the state and the entire continent proud in the just concluded U-17 World Cup competition in Dubai.

He said it is a great honour for the state under his administration, that out of the 26 goals scored by Nigeria at the competition, 9 goals were scored by indigenes of the state.

The governor said apart from the cash gift to the players and their coach, the state government is also giving them a piece of land each in choice areas within the capital city and also take up the responsibility of their education up to tertiary level.

One of the players, Kelechi Iheanacho, won the most valuable player at the tournament, expressed joy over his success and shared his experience at the competition.

The players and coach, who arrived from Abuja through the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri, alongside the deputy governor of the state, Eze Madumere were driven in a motorcade round the city before moving to the Government House to meet the governor.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/13/okorocha-rewards-four-imo-born-eaglets-with-cash-and-property/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Confussion2: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
O boy these guyz don hammer.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Rochas has done well by rewarding them for their excellent performance. Other governors should do the same too especially the northern governors to reward their indigent players.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•

63 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
This has always been d problem wit Nigerian leaders, now its abt the indigene of ur state and not the entire team. Tomorrow u preach team work, why not honour the whole team irrespective of their state of origin, Its a team play not an individual effort....Na wa for this governor.

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by sylvar02(m): 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hnnnnn
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by collynzo2(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
Congrats my Imo brothers!
However I am surprised Rochas didn't give APC the credit.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by collynzo2(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
braine: I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•
They have been rewarded as a team by the President, so? When the super eagles won the AFCON, I didn't see anyone crying because Delta State government rewarded Keshi and Echiejile specially.

33 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Tolexander: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
berem: Rochas has done well by rewarding them for their excellent performance. Other governors should do the same too especially the northern governors to reward their indigent players.
to me, i don't really see this as a good idea.

The 4 players didnt play all alone in the team. I think they should all be collectively hosted by the state goverment(s) and showered with cash to foster unity among them and nigeria as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by 99100(m): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2013
Despite my differences with Rochas,this gesture is commendable.
It will motivate d upcoming ones in giving their all whenever they are called upon.
#A proud Imolite#

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:42am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: They have been rewarded as a team by the President, so? When the super eagles won the AFCON, I didn't see anyone crying because Delta State government rewarded Keshi and Echiejile specially.

Get ur fact correctly, Delta state government rewarded all the players and coaches but gave more to Keshi and Echiejile, But in this case, Imo govt only rewarded their indigenes alone which is wrong. I personally dnt even support state government rewarding this players wit state funds since football is sponsored by the Fed govt, let them leave it to the Fed govt and use our state funds for every citizen instead of forming Fake Father Christmas with state funds.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 14, 2013
I think Rochas should,ve hosted the whole team.cash gifts to the whole team and houses to imo indigenes would,ve been nice.

Nothing wrong in rewarding Kelechi and co but the other members efforts should,ve been acknowledged.

The part where he said 9 goals out of 26 scored by eaglets were from imo was childish and unnecessary.He shouldnt,ve said that.lets leave that part for the likes of Onlytruth and Dudu negro.

Football governor like Orji Uzor Kalu would,ve done better..

I think other states should host and honour this boys.

Rochas Okorocha..you fall my hand..iwuru onwe gi na-ala.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by IGBOSON1: 1:10am On Nov 14, 2013
Nice one Rochas!

Every state should host and reward any of the eaglets that are indigenes of their state!

So those players are all from one state? shocked i'd like to see our state gov'ts pay more attention to sports.....kinda like Delta state is doing! The talent is there; all it needs is discovering and nurturing!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by kutchs: 1:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Rochas wants to identify with success he didn't contribute to while Heartland FC is almost going on relegation due to government neglect. Players and coaches haven't been paid salaries, match bonuses and sign on fees and here he is forming Santa Claus.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Theben(m): 5:26am On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: They have been rewarded as a team by the President, so? When the super eagles won the AFCON, I didn't see anyone crying because Delta State government rewarded Keshi and Echiejile specially.
That doesn't make Okorocha right. It is very wrong to justify foolishness with foolishness. They played as a team, they should equally be rewarded as a team. Fashola rewarded the victorious AFCON team even though non of them is from Lagos state.

How can you foster unity in the country when our so called leaders never see us all as one? A team of 22 represented us in a competition, the old man saw just four to reward cos they are from his state? He would have done better keeping his money to himself.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by luvablesam(m): 5:46am On Nov 14, 2013
When would trabalism ever stop in Nigeria? Gestures such as this are a common place in Nigeria....
Mr A n B gets a job done, Mr B gets the credit cos he is from a certain area....

Uche was born in Lagos n yet he wudnt be given admission into LASU cos he isn't an 'indigine'

Osas grewup in minna buh he wud neva be employed into the Niger State civil service cos they don't c him as one of them..

When we will stop all this nonsense in Naija??

12 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by dridowu: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2013
IMHO, Ds is wrong cos ds is team work not a four man team

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by collynzo2(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Ondo state government also rewarded Oboabona specially after the AFCON victory, I didn't see anyone cry because of that. It is not like Okorocha filtered out all the Igbo players and rewarded them, he only rewarded those from his state. You don't have to read tribalism into everything, only a truly tribalistic mind does that.

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by collynzo2(m): 7:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Kaduna state Governor also rewarded super eagles players who were born or based in Kaduna, nobody cried. Stop reading tribalism into everything, it only makes you tribalistic.

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
The governor said apart from the cash gift
to the players and their coach, the state
government is also giving them a piece of
land each in choice areas within the capital
city and also take up the responsibility of
their education up to tertiary level.

I love this part. Yea! Contingency plan is very important.

Thank you Gov. Rochas.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by greatestman(m): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2013
Tolexander: to me, i don't really see this as a good idea.

The 4 players didnt play all alone in the team. I think they should all be collectively hosted by the state goverment(s) and showered with cash to foster unity among them and nigeria as a whole.

guy u are on every thread on nairaland when are u celebrating ur 1000000 post on nairaland personally i will buy gift for u

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by goldfish80(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2013
He said it is a great honour for the state under his administration, that out of the 26 goals scored by Nigeria at the competition, 9 goals were scored by indigenes of the state.
What role did his administration play in the 9goals they scored?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2013
kutchs: Rochas wants to identify with success he didn't contribute to while Heartland FC is almost going on relegation due to government neglect. Players and coaches haven't been paid salaries, match bonuses and sign on fees and here he is forming Santa Claus.

Nobody wants to be associated with failure• But there's a way of doing the right thing•
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Longeria(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2013
I hail Okorocha for this one,

Even though I hate him.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Psychedelia(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2013
Rochas is a dunce.

An opportunist dunce desperate to identify with success he made no contribution to.

Owerri's Heartland FC and Enugu's Rangers FC are the ONLY Nigerian teams to have never tasted relegation ever since they came into existence; but this year, the beloved Heartland FC was THIS CLOSE to tasting that relegation all because of government neglect and Okorocha's refusal to pay the players and the technical crew their salaries.
These people had to march all the way from their home stadium to the Government House, protesting the injustice.

But here he is today, doling out money to the SUper Eagles players who made it, all for the sake of publicity.

Everything about this man is a scam, from his Free Education charade (which he uses the money meant to be paid to the doctors at the state teaching hospital to finance) to his fake road construction projects handled by dubious, nameless firms (which are actually secretly owned by the criminal Rochas himself).

What a crook.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2013
What's the fuss about this? Is Rochas the first governor to reward indigent players? Jonathan rewarded them as a team. Rochas decides to honour the Imolites amongst them and some people are angry and saying its tribalism? I bet you that if another state governor did what Rochas did,some of you hypocrites would have been calling for Rochas's head and saying he can't do the same. Abeg make una free my governor joor! Nonsense! angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Theben(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2013
^
It is not a must to comment
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Kponkwem(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2013
What's all these hullabaloo over a state govt's choice of expenditure? The money is Imo money and its not enough to share it round others the way the gov sees it. Is it not same Okorocha that built mosque for hausas in owerri? Abeg let's stop this anti-igbo whining all the time

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by omonla555: 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Donate N1m To Akpeyi, Echiejile Weddings / Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / Alex Iwobi, His Sister And Parents In Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.