Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

To Dr.sid's Advantage - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / To Dr.sid's Advantage (555 Views)

Dr Sid feat. Don Jazzy, Wizkid and Phyno - Surulere Remix / Davido And Dr. Sid Arguing Over Dbanj (leaked Conversation) / Listen To Dr. Sid's New Singles With Wande Coal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Dr.sid's Advantage by Mrshroud: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2013
This is In Response to the release of 'Surulere', a joint by one of Mavin Record's surviving exports:
Sydney Esiri (Dr.sid) and Producer, Ajereh Collins(Don Jazzy), and please Mods i'ld really love for this to be on Front Page.
Initially when i saw the thread, i was like 'is a song from dr.sid worth downloading?... Can anything good emanate from nazareth?
another nairalander wondered if the song was worth his precious MB (megabytes worth of data).
If you patronise Nigerian music, you'll naturally understand the source of my reluctance and hesitation.
Apparently, more critics, have written off the likes of Dr.sid as 'not in the least talented' and 'vegetables of the industry' because of his very poor delivery of music.
And even as i was encouraged to download the tune,
by the earlier comments on the Surulere Thread, and also the 'Never write any one off' part of Me.
I won't deny that a part of me was curious to know the latest 'crap' our Dr Sid has excreted.
and the producer part of me was like- ' i'll compensate my effort, with Don Jazzy's soothing Beat, and maybe be inspired to visit Propellerhead and Avid, to challenge Don baba Jay' [i enjoy cloning his work at my leisure time]- but i was dissapointed to hear Dr sid making passionate Love to this wonderful Beat by Don Jazzy, both Lyrically, Vocally, Rhythmically and what have you.
not only was i dissapointed, but i thought i made a mistake by looking forward to hear Dr Sid's signature tune, when apparently , This was a new guy singing! A new born again Dr.sid!!! 'nì tori olowun!!' who converted Dr.sid
The answer to this may not be far from the fact that Dr Sid, Having been neglected and written off, in the past, would naturally want to purge himself, and work harder, bring out the best in him and prove a point to the critics. Moreso at a time when he shares Don jazzy's attention, with Less comrades. and from further indications, Dr sid is not the only player in the prove-a-point game . Don-Jazzy is also making an interesting effort to prove that he can 'work with the negatives, and make for better pictures'. Any negative for that matter.
Its true that ever since D.banj walked out of the old Mo-hits (which we all loved) more spectators taught Don Jazzy wouldn't do too well with the rest of the crew. and with the release of each tune other than Tiwa savage' from Mavin Records, these spectators thought they hadn't been proved wrong. coupled with the latest 'Baby face' Controversy, which had wande, officially disowned from
The Label, quite a number of spectators thought the fall of the Label was imminent.
All these, could be contributing factors to make Don Jazzy work hard to bring out the best in himself. Quite expected and to Dr sid's advantage too, because he gets more attention.
On a final note -i'll love to recollect the humourous comment of A fellow Nairalander who, in mock response to another nairalander, who asked albeit humourously in typical nairaland fashion - 'and who is dr.sid?'- she said - Dr.sid is the Doctor that prescribes locust beans to cure aids.(now that got me really cracking!). and thinking back, this song is in a sense, like using locust beans to cure aids, because Dr.sid did something only a few expected. Something most of us critics thought was impossible of him!!
And in appreciation and compensation for my neglect of Dr.sid i want to say , more grease to your elbows Dr sid, and be grateful for your Producer too. Cheers to my fellow Nairalanders, and remember never to write anybody off.
Merry chrismas in advance.
Re: To Dr.sid's Advantage by Mrshroud: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Suru--lere!!! Su-ru- laaaaaìye mi o.. DOKITA WOLE... Oya jeka sèrè.. This tune is worth it!!

(1) (Reply)

Banky W - JASI [official Video] / Jaxta - Rap From Call Song | Latest Punjabi Rap Song / Wiz Khalifa And Amber Rose Plan Reconciliation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.