Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? (17050 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by crackhaus: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
I'm all for the truth always, stating it without remorse for whose ox is gored.

However, being discreet in how often and how direct the truth is told to whomever you're in a relationship with goes a long way in making that relationship productive.

Depending on who you're rolling with, there are ways to state the cold truth without hurting anyone's esteem.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by cutz(f): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sumtymz tellin d truth hurtz n we cnt handle d truth in sm cases..
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by chefdoeuvre: 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hmmm.. Try tellin ya wyf hu spent gud moni on a particular dress,5hrs at d hairdresser's n 30mins in frnt of d mirror tryin 2 create purfektn dt d dress isn't dt cute,her hair is off n her mk up mks her luk lyk a painting board(evn doh its absolutly true)..u gona spend d nyt apologizin 2 ya bedrum door...
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by bluuu: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
chefd'oeuvre:
Hmmm.. Try tellin ya wyf hu spent gud moni on a particular dress,5hrs at d hairdresser's n 30mins in frnt of d mirror tryin 2 create purfektn dt d dress isn't dt cute,her hair is off n her mk up mks her luk lyk a painting board(evn doh its absolutly true)..u gona spend d nyt apologizin 2 ya bedrum door...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dthis got me laffin. konji go kill u for outside d room lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Adedoks(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
chefd'oeuvre:
guy u wan kill me wit laugh... d same tin applies to d fud,if d tin no sweet dey no born u wel to say its not.me any time my fiance cuks its always sweet,laughin bt seriously she is a gud cuk
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by MEILYN(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
of course Yes. Lies keeps you going... But telling lies is bad anyway, the truth is bitter, you have to lie in order to spew sweet things.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by optimism91(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
If telling the truth will spoil a relationship, why not avoid those things that could make you lie.

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by chefdoeuvre: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Adedoks: guy u wan kill me wit laugh... d same tin applies to d fud,if d tin no sweet dey no born u wel to say its not.me any time my fiance cuks its always sweet,laughin bt seriously she is a gud cuk
Haha..na d way 4wrd guy..if nt u go cast
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Dannylux: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
LOL! I just can't!
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by emmyworld02: 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ucheosefoh: It can hurt and it have cause many break ups, some piple hate the truth especially the runs gals and womanisers.
TRUTH IS HEAVY, FEW PEOPLE CARW IT & ONLY A FEW CAN BEAR IT.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by airclipse(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ever heard of "White lie"?
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by sunex: 1:01am On Nov 16, 2013
no mata how u hide d truth it will surely surface itself, its beta u say it d rit tim ,yeah its hurt BT its hurt less compare to wen its surface itself..
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by SegzyJoe(m): 7:58am On Nov 16, 2013
Nobody has the right to tell the truth except it is spoken in love. If the truth hurts another person, it is not spoken in love and it id wickedness.

The bible admonished us to speak the truth in love.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Doctorjay(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Hmmm. Quite sensitive topic. But i think am gonna tell the truth. Telling a lie is,and will always be bad
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Doctorjay(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2013
crackhaus: I'm all for the truth always, stating it without remorse for whose ox is gored.

However, being discreet in how often and how direct the truth is told to whomever you're in a relationship with goes a long way in making that relationship productive.

Depending on who you're rolling with, there are ways to state the cold truth without hurting anyone's esteem.
Hmmm. Quite sensitive topic. But i think am gonna tell the truth. Telling a lie is,and will always be bad
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2013
Am healthy relationship is not based on lie how long will you based ur relationship with lies somethings d truth pay always telling the truth make ur partner truth u
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by mecussey(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Funny enough, but lies shows respect. Telling the truth bluntly, shows no regard. Truth goes with righteousness, every truth must be positive.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Rejoice5000(f): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Its good to tell the truth in the other words to let ur partner know ur past, ad who u really are.but my advice don't try it when the relationship is still young.when the love or what u feel for eachother is not stable.when u do u are heading to HEARTBREAK COS THERE'S NO LOVE YET.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Aboki: Its a really tricky question...

Somethings are best left buried deep down. #Fact!

However, some buried secrets do have a crazy way of resurfacing..

My advice:: I always advice that people tell the truth and darn the consequences.. When you bury the truth, all you have done is postponed a problem that you could have dealt with today.

Now!! Imagine a Man/woman who goes to his/her wife/husband and confesses infidelity... Its bad!! True.
So.. Imagine the Man/woman discovers the infidelity of a partner on his/her own.. This is definitely worse.

Reason being that the former carries an element of regret/remorse, the other doesnt.

NOW!! The down side to tellin the truth is that some partners would forever use it as a weapon against their other half.. Thats where the real problem lies.

SO OP!! There is no yes or no answer.. Just a right and wrong! Right being tell the truth..
That's true... †ђξ
Real fact!!!!!
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by amazeen(f): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
if u ask me na who i go ask. ok wait na my oga at the top go answer am.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by NobleG1(m): 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Truth can save or destroy you.
Lie can also save or destroy you.

Both have equal Advantages and Disadvantages.

I'll choose one only because it represents Positivity and that is the Truth.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 17, 2013
Yes! If u fork ur wife sister, and u tell ur wife!
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2013
cry
Some things are better left unsaid"
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by dBard: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
ejizzy: cry

undecided
..wonder y girls always say dis.
There Is NO middle ground with d truth. .either that or u lie.
U may feel u r helping/saving d person getting hurt, but eventually u end up wit d person worse off.
Tact is wat d emphasis shld be on.
Except ur partner doesnt want t know
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
There r some truths that r worth disclosing,u don't go about telling ur spouse virtually everything about u esp ur past buh be dt as it may,try keep it real n be truthful as u can
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by bluuu: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2013
ejizzy: cry
Dubemkelly: There r some truths that r worth disclosing,u don't go about telling ur spouse virtually everything about u esp ur past buh be dt as it may,try keep it real n be truthful as u can
yes o.i fell a victim yesterday wen I had a quarrel wt my baby n he brought up my past.i've learnt my lesson embarassed embarassed cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents / Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook / One-year-old Survives Seven Days Alone With Dead Grandmother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.