Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Your 2014 Resolution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your 2014 Resolution (719 Views)

What Sort Of New Year's Resolution Should A Christian Make? / ***share Your 2014 Blessings*** / What Are Your New Year(2012)resolution(s) Which U Want To Achieve?(with Or Without God) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your 2014 Resolution by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2013
I will no longer follow MEN , I will follow the leading of the Holy Spirit , for many as are led by him ( not by your pastor ) are his children.

I will no longer listen to and obey the voice of MEN without question , but the small still voice of GOD.

I will stop basing my salvation on religious rituals, going to church , paying tithe , fasting, pleasing my pastor , evangelism etc. My salvation is based on the grace of GOD.

As a woman I apologize for making my pastor the head of my home and allowing him to interfere in my family

From now on, my husband is the head of my home and I will follow his leading as far as it is in line with scripture, even when I do not agree with him, I will pray for him and still love him.

I will stop subjecting my children to the abuse of eternal torment that they are forced to listen to every Sunday under threat of damnation. God is not a sadist.

I will emphasize the love of God to my family, friend and neighbor.

I will also emphasize that we have a choice to make in this world, live a life of love for God and humanity and you will have everlasting life , but live against God and humanity now and you will be denied entry into the next life and perish.

I will no longer say I belong to rccg, deepelrife, rcc etc, I belong to Jesus and true believers everywhere are my brothers and sisters.

I will no longer be intolerant of others because they are not at my level of knowledge or spiritual exposure, I will be patient with them and reason out the scripture seasoned with prayer.

My focus is no longer on how to be rich in this world , but how to make others rich for the next world. Remember Jesus became poor that we will be rich.

I will overcome evil with good and not evil with evil.

I renounce all the hidden things of dishonesty in life from today ( bribes, kick backs , deception etc etc ).

I will always remember that i am free in Christ and will never again allow MEN to bring me into the bondage of their traditions and dogmas.

I will never again fear men , be they pastor or MOG, my fear is only reserved for Almighty GOD

My support for any church project will be restricted to freewill offerings, but the major contributions I make , will be to real people with real needs especially believers, irrespective of their denomination.

I will stop judging other believers on food , drink and dress.

I will instead examine myself daily to see if I am still in the faith.

3 Likes

Re: Your 2014 Resolution by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2013
You may not even see 2014.
Re: Your 2014 Resolution by Babamide(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: You may not even see 2014.
Una get beef before??
Re: Your 2014 Resolution by tobechi20(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2013

sad but true,we may not see 2014
Re: Your 2014 Resolution by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2013

Which is why I used the word Your and not Me - grin

1 Like

Re: Your 2014 Resolution by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 16, 2013
Resolution indeed, We as sons don't follow your so called gregorian calender. We flow with timings and seasons of God.

We do not wait till 2014,we have gone ahead expecting 2014 to come to us.

As for spiritual authority and cover.Scriptures debunks you, so you are OYO(on your own).

Hebrews 13:17

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Hebrews 13:7 NIV: Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
Re: Your 2014 Resolution by shdemidemi(m): 5:55am On Nov 16, 2013
^^^^1 Tim 6
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
Re: Your 2014 Resolution by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2013
Bidam: Resolution indeed, We as sons don't follow your so called gregorian calender. We flow with timings and seasons of God.

We do not wait till 2014,we have gone ahead expecting 2014 to come to us.

As for spiritual authority and cover.Scriptures debunks you, so you are OYO(on your own).

Hebrews 13:17

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Hebrews 13:7 NIV: Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

"Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than human beings!" - Acts 5:29

"Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant," - Matthew 20:26

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attempts To Killed Michael Failed / Prophecy For Karen Igho!!! / ‘I Don’t Believe In Heaven Or Hell’-former Gospel singer,katy Perry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.