Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Super Eagles: 90 Minutes From Brazil 2014 World Cup [opinion] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: 90 Minutes From Brazil 2014 World Cup [opinion] (447 Views)

Who Scored The Best Goal In Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup.. / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Caf Unveil 2014 World Cup Qualifying Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles: 90 Minutes From Brazil 2014 World Cup [opinion] by freshchild: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
The Super Eagles of Nigeria are 90 minutes away from qualifying for their 5th world cup finals after a 2-1 away win in Addis Ababa against Ethiopia 2 weeks ago.

On Saturday, November 16th in UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar the African Champions will look to secure their qualification by playing a draw or winning out rightly. Ermmm, a win would be better… right? A comprehensive win will send Nigerian fans into wild celebration.

I have a feeling this current crop of players peradventure Keshi and NFF are still in good terms next year, will better our 2nd round achievements in 1994 and 1998.

Stop thinking we may fail to qualify, this is football bla bla bla but that’s not possible. I am all but positive today. - No more negativity!

Since the 2010 world cup, we have suffered negativity in our football not until this year.

A year that seems like it may all go wrong at the beginning of 2013 with the media writing off the Super Eagles before the AFCON tournament when the team was in turmoil, Stephen Keshi was been criticized for dropping some of the top players and sticking with the younger players and home based players.

I was optimistic though, I liked the look of the team and I felt as underdogs we seem to do better. Stephen Keshi also seem like a boss, a man that knows what he wants and has achieved some feat at Togo (qualifying them for their first world cup but he did not take them to the world cup as he fell out with the Togolese FA).

Against all odds, the Super eagles were crowned African Champions for the third time and we went on a winning streak not until we lost against Uruguay and Spain back to back in the FIFA confederations cup, we looked like a fantastic team despite losing with literally no experienced striker .

Last weekend, our U-17 team was crowned world champions in UAE after thrashing Mexico 3-0 in the finals making Nigeria the most successful team in the FIFA U-17 World cup. Ermmm, England will be jealous with this our success o, lol.

So, ask yourself why you are not optimistic about tomorrow’s game? Ehn? Just go and book your trip to Brazil jare, as the Super Eagles are just 90 minutes away from flying into Brazil.

Read the full article on: http://www.footballnus.com/2013/11/super-eagles-90-minutes-from-brazil.html
Re: Super Eagles: 90 Minutes From Brazil 2014 World Cup [opinion] by willyray(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
if we dont beat them we dont seserve to go....but i think we will win 2-0

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Say Your Last Prayer For Super Eagles / What A Way To Finish 2013 / Keshi: Only Consistency Will Guarantee Selection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.