Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,420 members, 7,853,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

HELP: How To Connect Two Wans Both With Public Ips To One Router? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP: How To Connect Two Wans Both With Public Ips To One Router? (750 Views)

How To Connect Two Ups Batteries To Only One Ups Device / How Do I Connect Two Pcs For Offline File Transfer. / How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: How To Connect Two Wans Both With Public Ips To One Router? by laidback(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
We have a situation at my branch, were there is a branch router (Cisco 2951), and some switches (Cisco 2960 24p), one internet link and one intranet link.

The intranet link which is new, uses a public-routable IP address. So we have two WAN connections coming to the router both having public IPs. Now previously we had two WAN connections to the same router but one had a private IP address so this one didn't require NAT. In that case we had NAT only on the interface having internet access.

However, now we have to have dynamic NAT on both interfaces at the same time but this doesn't work! The router selects only one of the interfaces with NAT and ignores the other.

Please, what can I do?
Re: HELP: How To Connect Two Wans Both With Public Ips To One Router? by stan4b(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Av u tot about VLAN?

(1) (Reply)

AIRTEL BB Plans Will Cease To Function On Non BB Devices Or Modem / Best 2014 Tips To Speed Up Windows 8 To Run Faster / Job For Computer Village Boys (otigba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.