Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,864 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word (1035 Views)

SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / INCREDIBLE: Meet The Woman Who Is Half-human, Half-fox Creature At Karachi Zoo / Turkish PM Erdogan Being Openly Racist, Uses The N Word In Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by texazzpete(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2008
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/16/jackson.nword.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson used the N-word during a break in a TV interview where he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized to Sen. Obama's campaign last week over "hurtful" remarks.

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show.

In additional comments from that same conversation, first reported by TVNewser, Jackson is reported to have said Obama was "talking down to black people," and referred to blacks with the N-word when he said Obama was telling them "how to behave."

Don't Miss
iReporters blast Jackson over Obama comments
Jackson apologizes for 'crude' Obama remarks
Jackson says remark was not about envy
Election Center 2008
Though a Fox spokesman confirmed to The Associated Press that Jackson used the slur, the network declined to release the full transcript of the July 6 show and did not air the comments.

Jackson, who is now traveling in Spain, apologized in a statement last Wednesday for "hurtful words" but didn't offer specifics.

"I am deeply saddened and distressed by the pain and sorrow that I have caused as a result of my hurtful words. I apologize again to Senator Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, their children as well as to the American public," Jackson said in a written statement.

"There really is no justification for my comments and I hope that the Obama family and the American public will forgive me. I also pray that we, as a nation, can move on to address the real issues that affect the American people."

A spokeswoman for Jackson's civil rights organization, Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, said she could not confirm that Jackson used the slur
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by texazzpete(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2008
People here know i've never trusted this hypocritical racist from day one. He's earlier proved his status as a hypocrite before (anti-semitic comments from someone who claims to fight against racial discrimination, preaching about family values yet having a long term mistress and daughter outside his marriage) but this one takes the cake.

This man is as racist as an KKK member out there. his handling of the Duke Uni scandal where a black stripper falsely accused white lacrosse players of raping her (making inflammatory statements, promising to put the girl on scholarship even when it became obvious that she was lying http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Duke_University_lacrosse_team_scandal)

Hell, Even Nas says Rev. Jesse Jackson is "the biggest player hater" and has declared 'Jackson's time as a voice for black America over.'
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by grafikdon: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2008
I never trusted that 'mild' rable rouser. He always struck me as a racist who thinks racism equals white against black.
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by Sisikill: 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2008
Not the same Jesse Jackson. . . the self appointed representative of blacks, who grants absolution to white people when they say the N word? It can't be!

Who. . . who is gonna grant forgiveness to the forgiver?

Yep, end time is near!
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by SeanT21(f): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2008
Jelousy at its highest degree.
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by onyinye2(f): 1:12am On Jul 19, 2008
when will people take notice that Fox news does these kinds of things on purpose.
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Jul 19, 2008
onyinye2:

when will people take notice that Fox news does these kinds of things on purpose.

Fox News put the words in Jackson's mouth?? WOW!! I can not believe someone would actually see to blame Fox News for Jesse Jackson's rants. Has Fox News been to blame for all the other times he has shown his racist side to America? WOW!!
Re: Fox: Rev. Jesse Jackson Used The N-word by shotster50(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2008
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are media whores. They would do anything to attract publicity. Like someone said 'f**k Jesse Jackson because it aint about race now'.

(1) (Reply)

Libya's Great Man Made River Project And Nato War Crimes / Ivorian Panafricanist Youth Leader Kidnapped By French Secret Service Agents / caption this: Epic Photo Of Melania Thrump And Michelle Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.