Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle (719 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Death Sentences Commuted To 10 Years Imprisonment / Aisha Buhari's Birthday Present To The President 21 Years Ago According To Zahra / Dismissed Sergeant Impersonated Classmate For 21 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by ebucha: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Man , 28, bags 21 years imprisonment for snatching motorcycle
on november 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm in news
Ibadan – An Ibadan High Court on Friday sentenced one Saheed Sogaji, 28, to 21 years imprisonment for conspiring and robbing a man of a motorcycle.
Justice Bolaji Yusuf said that the prosecutor had been able to proof the charges against the accused beyond reasonable doubt.
He sentenced Sogaji to seven years imprisonment for conspiracy and 14 years for robbery.
The judge said that the sentences were without option, adding that the sentences would commence from the day Sogaji was put in custody.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Titilayo Dairo, told the court that Sogaji and others faced two-count charge of conspiracy and robbery.
She said that Sogaji and his colleagues now at large, conspired to rob one Kehinde Isiaka of his Bajaj motorcycle with registration number LUY 080 OA,  on March 26, 2012 at Odo-Ona Elewe in Ibadan.
The prosecutor said that the offences contravened Sections 516 and 401 of the Criminal Code Cap 38 Vol. II Laws of Oyo State of Nigeria 2000.
Sogaji had, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Defence Counsel, Mr Fola Awoyemi, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy with his client.
Awoyemi said that Sogaji, from Cotonu, had been in prison custody since March 26, 2012, adding that he had also lost his parents. (NAN) http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/man-28-bags-21-years-imprisonment-snatching-motorcycle/
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by ebucha: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hmm
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by talktimi(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its either the Nigerian justice system or those who interprete it are mad. Why not give this man some few hundred hours of community service to be supervised by the police instead of congesting our already over congested prisons with a minor offender.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by Acidosis(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
A man who is bold enough to snatch another man's property, would readily steal 10 zillion dollars if given the opportunity!

He should go and learn what his parents refused to teach him in prison.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by IGBOSON1: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Acidosis:

A man who is bold enough to snatch another man's property, would readily steal 10 zillion dollars if given the opportunity!

He should go and learn what his parents refused to teach him in prison.

^^^You're assuming he had some kind of decent cosseted upbringing.....with mummy and daddy at home! The guy is most likely a victim himself. I'm more than certain that if he had the opportunity of a good education, and a job at the end of it, he wouldn't be going about snatching motorbikes!
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by OuchDaddy(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
Absurd!!!!!
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by yibomustgo(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
What a joke of a country!
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by owolabifunke14(f): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You're assuming he had some kind of decent cosseted upbringing.....with mummy and daddy at home! The guy is most likely a victim himself. I'm more than certain that if he had the opportunity of a good education, and a job at the end of it, he wouldn't be going about snatching motorbikes!
Don't blame education and lack of job. What of the so called big boys on campus snatching phones,i-pad,laptops,wristwatch,money,textbooks,earrings and necklaces from their fellow students,aren't they children of richmen with good primary and secondary education? Some of them are even ist class materials on merit and are most likely to get job immediately after graduation yet,they engage in crimes. Lack of proper education and unemployment are not the cause of this,it got to do with morals. A grown up person should always be able to search his or her conscience all the time and ask;am I really doing the right thing? He should face what he brought to himself alone.I have no pity at all for any thief because we have been robbed 3times before in my house.

2 Likes

Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by 9jaBrid(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
21years imprisonment just for a bike And yet those ones milking the country dry are freely driving the cars bought with tax-payers money.
What the man did is very bad but 21years in prison, mehn that is too harsh.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by konjakonja(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2013
This Justice Bolaji is very stupid. 21 years for a crime that shouldn't attract up to 4 years sentence. Where are the human right groups? This what they should be fighting against.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by Tolexander: 6:54am On Nov 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: Don't blame education and lack of job. What of the so called big boys on campus snatching phones,i-pad,laptops,wristwatch,money,textbooks,earrings and necklaces from their fellow students,aren't they children of richmen with good primary and secondary education? Some of them are even ist class materials on merit and are most likely to get job immediately after graduation yet,they engage in crimes. Lack of proper education and unemployment are not the cause of this,it got to do with morals. A grown up person should always be able to search his or her conscience all the time and ask;am I really doing the right thing? He should face what he brought to himself alone.I have no pity at all for any thief because we have been robbed 3times before in my house.
it will be better to say there are children of rich men in them rather than saying they are children of rich men to avoid hasty generalisation and false conclusion.

Some of them aren't rich from home but became rich from the after selling those stolen materials.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by owolabifunke14(f): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2013
Tolexander: it will be better to say there are children of rich men in them rather than saying they are children of rich men to avoid hasty generalisation and false conclusion.

Some of them aren't rich from home but became rich from the after selling those stolen materials.
Many of your school mates knew you from home. Some of them we knw their family background,but in school they joined the bad eggs.Some are children of pastors.Do I need to blame the pastor?No is the answer because every adult should always let his or her conscience judge him or her.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by Tolexander: 7:44am On Nov 16, 2013
owolabifunke14: Many of your school mates knew you from home. Some of them we knw their family background,but in school they joined the bad eggs.Some are children of pastors.Do I need to blame the pastor?No is the answer because every adult should always let his or her conscience judge him or her.
that's not what am saying.
You said the big boys are rich from home. And i said not all of them are rich from home!
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by lovat(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2013
Stupid guy, 1st law in naija "if you want to steal, steal in hundreds of millions and remeber to do it with pen.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by owolabifunke14(f): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2013
Tolexander: that's not what am saying.
You said the big boys are rich from home. And i said not all of them are rich from home!
"Not all of them are rich from home" you have a good point . But why always link crimes such as stealing to lack of proper education and poverty? In front of my house now,there is a building construction going on and I can see boys working for their pay,what stops them from going out there to rob their fellow citizens? A child that knows he/she would turn to crime as a means of livelihood should not bother to enter my womb, because I will place a curse on such child.
Re: Man ,28 Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Snatching Motorcycle by konjakonja(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
owolabifunke14: "Not all of them are rich from home" you have a good point . But why always link crimes such as stealing to lack of proper education and poverty? In front of my house now,there is a building construction going on and I can see boys working for their pay,what stops them from going out there to rob their fellow citizens? A child that knows he/she would turn to crime as a means of livelihood should not bother to enter my womb, because I will place a curse on such child.
Some of those guys carrying block and cement at the building site will also go out to rob at night. Greedy people are in every sector. But this judgement is too harsh.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Needs $50bn For Infrastructure Development- Fashola / Protesting Students Allege Recruitment Of Unqualified Teachers By Adamawa Poly / The Apga Landslide Victory And Cloud Of Iniquity By Clem Nworah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.