Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,594 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review (17443 Views)

Olamide's Baddest Guy Ever Liveth- Come Download All Tracks Here / Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / New Track From Olamide- Baddest Nigga Ever Liveth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajasa4link: lol...see as boys dey para for iceprince o,and when am thinking of getting his album on Monday....

@op, please kindly do a review on reminisce's alaga ibile as well,I can see ur thread on iceprince and olamide already

Alright Sir...I'll try. Thanks for checking out the blog. Much appreciated!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Just got the album now. Listening and track 5 (skamma) is okay. The intro was a waste of space truly.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
I swear i'm buying this album. Inshallah.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Come olamide didn't feature any female artiste? Has the guy ever featured a female artiste b4?
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by QMark: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Akinmail: I swear i'm buying this album. Inshallah.

Guy, are you sure it is the N150 album you are referring to? You sound like it is one big project.

5 Likes

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by yungryce: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Versace Versace
u rocking versace
ur mummy is hungry
oloshi.
A couple of misplaced lines but good sampling. D.ope money is still growing on me.
The problem with most 9ja artists is dat they dont take their job as serious business e.g take drake 4 instance, evry line in his album has a purpose/target but 9ja boys go smoke high grade w£ed, enta studio make noise finish come release am as song. I love wizkid to this respect esp. afta turnaing starboy (serious muziq/biznezman)
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by airmark(m): 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajasa4link: He should not only rap about money, suffering, women and love

If he should yield to your advice, he wont sell like he is doing now. Those keywords are what directly and indirectly give him more shows than rappers like vector, modo and even at present MI. Dude needs to get the cheddars first.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by opyzy(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Reban abacha still remains my best olamide's song of all timez kiss
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by ajasa4link: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
airmark:

If he should yield to your advice, he wont sell like he is doing now. Those keywords are what directly and indirectly give him more shows than rappers like vector, modo and even at present MI. Dude needs to get the cheddars first.
but that was a turn - off in this album,he sounded to commercial and playful.... just 2 or 3 commercial songs will get u shows,not the whole album...if u have 4 commercial hits in ur track,then u will get shows not until the whole album gets watery na

1 Like

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by jjk24(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajasa4link: ..
lol...u don't even have the album and u are complaining... u are not a fan jare, let the fans do the review
fans can't do justice 2 a album lyk u said dey r fans meaning already established admirer of d artist!! Ppl find it hard to be honest with them selfs you knw!! Heard 3 songs out of the album !! Let me be completely honest I seriously dnt see a bright future for him !!... (Dnt hate)..
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by ajasa4link: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
jjk24: fans can't do justice 2 a album lyk u said dey r fans meaning already established admirer of d artist!! Ppl find it hard to be honest with them selfs you knw!! Heard 3 songs out of the album !! Let me be completely honest I seriously dnt see a bright future for him !!... (Dnt hate)..
OK,but u can't judge 21 tracks based on 3 tracks na, it defies logic....Listen to the whole tracks then come up with a review simple!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Godson201333(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
hooper: IT'S SHAMEFUL THAT MOST OF.OUR ARTISTES DOESN'T FOCUS ON LYRICS BUT RHYMES!!!
OLAMIDE ALWAYS FOCUS ON RHYMES..
DUROSOKE IS ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE....
DUROSOKE 0/10.
DUROSOKE HAS NO GOOD LYRICS....

BEAUTIFUL NUBIA, SUNNY ADE......(MUSIC ICON TO BE RECKON WITH )

Who asked you to buy when you can even test and download online for free.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by kaze4blues(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Olamide is the bomb.

BGEL is just too hot
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
dammytosh:

Tnature. Nice review. how come people are late about talking about this album.

I have a 6 CD loader in my car and i buy albums when they come out. Some hardly spend a week in the set but this Olamide's song sounds like one that will spend longer than the former album did in my car.

I rate the album 8/10.

Not overflogging the issue. Anifowoshe is nice. The song is VERY VERY DEEP and you need to understand d meaning to appreciate the song. It is actually one of the best.

How come you did not talk about the Skit 'Are u reecording me' I listen to that everyday.

Olamide is simply an entertainer and the Ijebu rap got me cracking.

I have bought all the major albums that came out this year and i think this album stands out.

I can proudly say that i should be among the first 50 that bought the album in Nigeria grin cos i blasted it from 6am the day it came out. smiley

You!! My friend have a good taste in music. . well done.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
dammytosh:

Tnature. Nice review. how come people are late about talking about this album.

I have a 6 CD loader in my car and i buy albums when they come out. Some hardly spend a week in the set but this Olamide's song sounds like one that will spend longer than the former album did in my car.

I rate the album 8/10.

Not overflogging the issue. Anifowoshe is nice. The song is VERY VERY DEEP and you need to understand d meaning to appreciate the song. It is actually one of the best.

How come you did not talk about the Skit 'Are u reecording me' I listen to that everyday.

Olamide is simply an entertainer and the Ijebu rap got me cracking.

I have bought all the major albums that came out this year and i think this album stands out.

I can proudly say that i should be among the first 50 that bought the album in Nigeria grin cos i blasted it from 6am the day it came out. smiley

Well said...
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by mbulela: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
una no go review FOZ?
How low Ice prince has fallen baffles me.
Seems the worst thing that happened to him artistically was the success of Oleku.
It exposed how shallow an artiste he is afterwards.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
mbulela: una no go review FOZ?
Seems the worst thing that happened to him artistically was the success of Oleku.

The same person reviewed FOZ.. check the section
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by airmark(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajasa4link: but that was a turn - off in this album,he sounded to commercial and playful.... just 2 or 3 commercial songs will get u shows,not the whole album...if u have 4 commercial hits in ur track,then u will get shows not until the whole album gets watery na

2 or 3 commercial songs may not be enough at the rate at which hit songs are rolled out by singers. Especially if you want to be headlining shows in quick successions. The competition is so rife now. Moreover, in this BGEL album, you have more than 5 hit tracks there. He has to be commercial, jesse jagz recent album is a great one but he wont get shows like olamide, simply because he knows what majority of Nigerian music fans who will buy tickets to shows want. In this album apart from the durosoke's, other new tracks like Rep adugbo, Eleda mi, anifowoshe, d.o.pe money, mu emu are hits which fans will bump to. In his first album, rhapsody, he had great songs but was nt commercial and he nearly fell off.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by mikeljims(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
B.G.E.L Still!!

Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
mbulela: una no go review FOZ?
I already posted a review for FOZ check this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1497491/album-review-ice-prince-fire

Hopefully the thread makes the front page so more Ice Prince fans can have a say smiley
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
Wait o! Is it 'DOPE money' ft phyno that you were referring to as 'drug money'?
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Senatoresq: Wait o! Is it 'dope money' ft phyno that you were referring to as 'drug money'?

That wasn't me....you can check the blog (link included in original post). I think its NL's bot at work.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
tnature:

That wasn't me....you can check the blog (link included in original post). I think its NL's bot at work.

Ok. I understand now. Thanks!
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by boban007: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
BEST ALBUM THIS YEAR,BURNER BOY,very mature,less noice,innovative,nice lyrical content.will go places.something different from the norm.NEXT IS REMINISCE,watch out,he is coming on very strong.also check out his collabos,very nice.on OLAMIDE, BGEL leave story album ok but can't be compared to YBNL in terms of lyrical content and composition.watch out for my review tomorrow.cheers.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by seankay(m): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Track 4 alwayz on repeat(anifowose)
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by tnature: 12:05am On Nov 22, 2013
boban 007: BEST ALBUM THIS YEAR,BURNER BOY,very mature,less noice,innovative,nice lyrical content.will go places.something different from the norm.NEXT IS REMINISCE,watch out,he is coming on very strong.also check out his collabos,very nice.on OLAMIDE, BGEL leave story album ok but can't be compared to YBNL in terms of lyrical content and composition.watch out for my review tomorrow.cheers.

Cool. I'd love to read it
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2013
Eleda mi,esu pofo,motivatn,mu emu,hold ur baby,king shi,higher,sitting on d throne...are my favourite tracks
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by donjuviam(m): 6:26am On Nov 22, 2013
D album is gud anyway,d track i love most their is motivation,dope money,mu emu and skamma
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by folahann(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I bought this album a few days back same day I bought Ice Princes new album..

This Album is horribly bad.. I have been bumping it for a while and for a fa like me who has his 3 albums (Rhapsody, YBNL & this one), I must say that this album is just as weak as his first album. Barely 3 good tracks on the album..

I rate it 4.5/10

Ice Princes album gets a 2.5 for effort..

How many albums do you have again?

See, for you to really enjoy the lyrics of these songs, you need to understand Yoruba very well.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2013
folahann:

How many albums do you have again?

See, for you to really enjoy the lyrics of these songs, you need to understand Yoruba very well.

I am just a lover of music.. I own his first 2 albums and enjoyed most of the songs without even understanding half of what he was saying. Same thing for 9ices Gongo Aso & Tradition albums. Even the exact same thing for Dagrin (rip) album..

This album just didnt sound as good to me orally. However, Esu pofo & Chruch are tight tracks.. Been repeating both songs since I got the album..
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by lalaboi(m): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

I am just a lover of music.. I own his first 2 albums and enjoyed most of the songs without even understanding half of what he was saying. Same thing for 9ices Gongo Aso & Tradition albums. Even the exact same thing for Dagrin (rip) album..

This album just didnt sound as good to me orally. However, Esu pofo & Chruch are tight tracks.. Been repeating both songs since I got the album..

I can only laugh at what you just wrote. The album is horrible because it didn't sound good orally? lol.
Re: Olamide - Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Album Review by ajasa4link: 8:40am On Nov 22, 2013
airmark:

2 or 3 commercial songs may not be enough at the rate at which hit songs are rolled out by singers. Especially if you want to be headlining shows in quick successions. The competition is so rife now. Moreover, in this BGEL album, you have more than 5 hit tracks there. He has to be commercial, jesse jagz recent album is a great one but he wont get shows like olamide, simply because he knows what majority of Nigerian music fans who will buy tickets to shows want. In this album apart from the durosoke's, other new tracks like Rep adugbo, Eleda mi, anifowoshe, d.o.pe money, mu emu are hits which fans will bump to. In his first album, rhapsody, he had great songs but was nt commercial and he nearly fell off.
I get ur point,but YBNL was also commercial yet the songs were tighter and he still got shows without being too commercial.... M.i2 is an example of the kind of album I was expecting from olamide... m.i 2 had songs like wild wild west, my belle my head,african rapper, epic, nobody etc... These songs appeal to different kinds of people and m.i still got shows despite not focusing too much on commercial hits.. I think an album should represent all a musician is capable of fishing out and not just about him focusing on getting shows alone,he should put the consumers in mind when going into the studio to record an album

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phyno – 'Okpeke' Ft. 2baba & Flavour (Video) / TY Bello Features Sinach On Her New Coming Worship Song / Which Song Would You Ban?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.