Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? (29022 Views)

Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? / DSTV Nigeria: Open All African Movie/entertainment Channels For ALL Subscribers / Does Dstv Mobile Still Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by CONSTAINE: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2013
What is your business knowing how much DSTV makes in Aa month.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 17, 2013
strawgirl: Hmmmm. And some peeps even watch dstv for free. That's also a loss on their side.
one billion likes
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Elise1: 5:29am On Nov 17, 2013
There is no month Dstv don't put there E16 even after payment. Don't care what they make but let them improve their sevice.
At this moment if there is another cable service which is better than Dstv I will rather take it than be paying for no service.

This is one sector that we need more competition or providers.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by bizfirst: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2013
@OP, you must also understand that DSTV has close competitors, StarTimes being one of the greatest. The net effect is that though the subscriber base may actually be in the millions, the active and paying subscribers may actually be in the range of a few thousand.

Liken it to this: MTN has got the largest subscriber base in the country presently. However, many folks hardly recharge their MTN lines due to their extremely harsh tariffs. Instead, using a dual SIM phone, the MTN is used to only answer calls.

Got the gist?
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by dheaven: 5:52am On Nov 17, 2013
Dstv may not be making money as such cos they have many expenses to run as well.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 17, 2013
I may not be able say its exact
monthly gross earnings, but it's more than 5 billion naira.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by amiskurie(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2013
a company that oprate legally,but bribes the BON and other agencies to hige huge amount of the tax money.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Bkrubzy(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2013
Wetin consain me? Abeq make dem finish dz 1week-free-channelr thinqy make I cari ma decoder bak insyd st0re. Ma antenna n booster dn dey qt impatient.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by obailala(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2013
haveworkskills:

No, DSTV does not necessarily make that much. I once spoke with a guy who works there and he said despite Nigeria's advantageously huge population, very few people could afford DSTV at current subsription fees. I then suggested that the subscription fees be decreased by DSTV, so that the services would become more affordable to more Nigerians. Who knows if he has tabled this very simple suggestion before his bosses at the office.

[b]My take is that discretionary spend is still very depressed in Nigeria, and unemployment levels are quite high. Of those who are 'lucky' to be employed, 70% of them earn below N100,000 per month while more than 75% of Nigerians live below the poverty line and income inequality is breaking the 45%-50% band..Given that more than 80% of the population earn meagre income, how then do you expect them to afford a luxury entertainment service offered by DSTV? Almost impossible if you ask me.

Until disposable income levels rise, perhaps via increased jobs and drop in mandatory household expenses etc, discretionary spend would remain low...And companies like DSTV can boast of a brighter future only if there are strong expectations that income levels and discretionary spend will better what they currently are. Given current happenings, I fear that DSTV may one day close shop, just as its fellow Lekki-based South African company recently did or plans to do. I do not want to state the name os the company as I'm unsure if it is now public knowledge that they're closing shop.[/b]

Let's watch and see how things go..

--- --- ------------------

Do your career and future a favour at little cost to you. Contact us at financeprofessionalskills@gmail.com.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=admitwithschola. Click the attached

My friend I think u are speaking too many economics grammar.. Nigeria is an abnormal society and as such, all these indices you mentioned does not really apply. If you doubt me, go and ask MTN, ECONET and the other telecom companies and they would educate you better...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by yang(m): 6:01am On Nov 17, 2013
haveworkskills:

. Given current happenings, I fear that DSTV may one day close shop, just as its fellow Lekki-based South African company recently did or plans to do. I do not want to state the name os the company as I'm unsure if it is now public knowledge that they're closing shop.

Its common knowledge that woolworth is leaving Nigeria. Stop hiding information from Nairaland. We are not idiots here

3 Likes

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by kobonaire(m): 6:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Moshood Alanamu: I may not be able say its exact monthly gross earnings, but it's more than 5 billion naira.
How you take calculate that one? This one no be Shell/BP operation oh!!
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Sezua(m): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2013
MEILYN: watin concern me? I dey work 4 their company? Mtcheeeeww, anyway, DSTV make huge profits, they also do adverts remember? They dont depend on the subscription only, they have other ways to make good money. Big Brother Africa alone got them about 1billion dollars i think. So why do you think these folks dont make it big? They make billions jare.
1bllion dollars? hehe, bros no vex, bt dis wan hard to blieve

1 Like

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Yoney007(f): 6:18am On Nov 17, 2013
--
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by everyday: 6:22am On Nov 17, 2013
With the epileptic power supply we have in this country,they will have to spend a lot in power generation since their services is operational in the 36 states of the federation
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by MEILYN(m): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2013
kobonaire: wow, so you mean, big brother is as lucrative as EPL, La Liga? I don't think so my friend. No body is going to spend $1B for that crap show.
do your research Mr Man, they make huge profit from big brother, not upto 1billion dollars but close to it.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Sike(m): 6:23am On Nov 17, 2013
Sho!

Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by MightyFortress: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2013
Are they recruiting?
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by corperscorner: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2013
DSTV has only 800,000+ active subscribers as at now. Dats d reason for d free one week access thingy.
Its a FACT!
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by prolineclassy(m): 6:35am On Nov 17, 2013
kissdats dia biz,how can i pay such high amt to watch live matches,taaaaaaaaaa!,jst flexing my MCL wia i enjoy all de live match lyk dstv for jst 2100 naria,dos guys ova sabi
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by kobonaire(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2013
MEILYN: do your research Mr Man, they make huge profit from big brother, not upto 1billion dollars but close to it.
You made the claim, now kindly post the evidence rather than asking readers to do their research ... i still call your bluff
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by iterator25: 6:43am On Nov 17, 2013
haveworkskills:

No, DSTV does not necessarily make that much. I once spoke with a guy who works there and he said despite Nigeria's advantageously huge population, very few people could afford DSTV at current subsription fees. I then suggested that the subscription fees be decreased by DSTV, so that the services would become more affordable to more Nigerians. Who knows if he has tabled this very simple suggestion before his bosses at the office.

My take is that discretionary spend is still very depressed in Nigeria, and unemployment levels are quite high. Of those who are 'lucky' to be employed, 70% of them earn below N100,000 per month while more than 75% of Nigerians live below the poverty line and income inequality is breaking the 45%-50% band..Given that more than 80% of the population earn meagre income, how then do you expect them to afford a luxury entertainment service offered by DSTV? Almost impossible if you ask me.

Until disposable income levels rise, perhaps via increased jobs and drop in mandatory household expenses etc, discretionary spend would remain low...And companies like DSTV can boast of a brighter future only if there are strong expectations that income levels and discretionary spend will better what they currently are. Given current happenings, I fear that DSTV may one day close shop, just as its fellow Lekki-based South African company recently did or plans to do. I do not want to state the name os the company as I'm unsure if it is now public knowledge that they're closing shop.

--- --- ------------------

Do your career and future a favour at little cost to you. Contact us at financeprofessionalskills@gmail.com.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=admitwithschola. Click the attached

Woolworth undecided and why don't you wanna disclose What are you feeling like lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by JUO(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2013
hum wai N500 share share now? I even watch hd channel s with 5H
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2013
When you earn real income, the cost of subscription won't be a burden. We pay every month, but we don't have the time luxury to sit down and watch.
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by dailywealth1967: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2013
NTA na free! Weti b DSTV
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Itoroetti(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2013
U re using 3'k subscription as the assuming factor.
Don't also forget advertisement,that's where d make their bulk cash from nigerians
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Itoroetti(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2013
U re using 3'k subscription as the assuming factor but remember,more than half goes for the 12k sub.
Don't also forget advertisement,that's where d make their bulk cash from nigerians
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2013
As 4 nw, am o.k wit ma GoTV
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Itoroetti(m): 7:21am On Nov 17, 2013
MEILYN: do your research Mr Man, they make huge profit from big brother, not upto 1billion dollars but close to it.

The made more than 1b dollar via advert and sms during the said period.u guys forget so soon.u can google and see for urself
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by lekemon(m): 7:32am On Nov 17, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Hmm! I dnt knw eactly how much it is,bt i knw its enough to get any of,spannish,barclays,bundesliga and serie a rights jst with nigeria income..i still den wonder why d the price is too hight.anyway na dem knw..flexing qtv aljazeera(where i get to watch all live matches even greater dan what dstv offers)+osn hollywood and d rest for jst a token of 4k! PERFECT DEAL

please which one is qtv? wanna knw abt it
Re: How Much Does DSTV Nigeria Make Monthly? by Intelligentman(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2013
I don't really know what they actually make. But one thing we should have in mind is that not everybody is paying for premium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins / BBNaija: Miracle Igbokwe's Family Releases Statement On His Relationship Outside / #bbnaija: What Mercy Has To Say About Esther And Frodd Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.