Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? (1761 Views)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / 15 Indian Movies That Got Banned By The Censor Board / Why Does Dstv Sensor The Word "GOD"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by olaric(m): 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
Has anyone ever wondered why DSTV censors the name of God every time it is being mentioned by characters in any of the home videos on Africa Magic. Each time an actor/actress wants to mention the name of God, the station censors it even during a subtitle. Maybe someone in the house who knows the reason can give me an answer.
Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by Segadem(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
olaric:
Has anyone ever wondered why DSTV censors the name of God every time it is being mentioned by characters in any of the home videos on Africa Magic. Each time an actor/actress wants to mention the name of God, the station censors it even during a subtitle. Maybe someone in the house who knows the reason can give me an answer.
THE WORLD IS GOING ANTI-GOD, EVEN IN NAIRALAND YOU CAN'T WRITE JESUS IN CAPITAL LETTER.

1 Like

Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by osesology(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
I believe it's because most of them are always using the name of God in vain. Try and watch some christian movies and see if they still censor it.
Words like: `goddamn it!, I swear to god, my god will punish you, for the love of god! etc are some examples of taking the name of God in vain. In short, God's name should only be used when praying, praising, preaching or giving thanks to God.
Just My Candid Opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by SurefireAsoOke: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
I noticed it also........ Oya who knows why

For AsoOke, Check my Signature
Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by olaric(m): 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
osesology:
I believe it's because most of them are always using the name of God in vain. Try and watch some christian movies and see if they still censor it.
Words like: `goddamn it!, I swear to god, my god will punish you, for the love of god! etc are some examples of taking the name of God in vain. In short, God's name should only be used when praying, praising, preaching or giving thanks to God.
Just My Candid Opinion tho

Perhaps, you are right; but I wonder if some Christian bodies have written to them privately to put a stop to it.
Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by osesology(m): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
olaric:

Perhaps, you are right; but I wonder if some Christian bodies have written to them privately to put a stop to it.
I think so too.
Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by nobilis: 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
They don't censor "God".
Because I've watched some christian Nollywood movies on Africa Magic and there was nothing like censoring.

They only do that when "God" is being used as part of a swearword.
That's the only time.

1 Like

Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by Ojojemiyo: 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Really?
Re: Why Does DSTV Censor The Name Of "God"? by Skykid1208(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
JESUS

(1) (Reply)

If You Remember This Tv Series And Ure Not Married By Now... / Secrets To Contact Nollywood/naija Stars For Movie Assistance / Tittle Of This Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.