Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria (2536 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports / Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2008
Gay Christian in Nigeria

CNN's Christian Purefoy reports on a gay church in Nigeria defying prejudice and harrassment, Video link below

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/07/17/purefoy.nigeria.gay.church.cnn

What do you think? For me, I'm speechless
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2008
I AM NOT SURPRISED
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
So, What is the motivation? or am i living in the past
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2008
The last days!

why did they sensor them

if they are so proud of themselves.

The pastor sef looks so hungry, they are just seeking attention.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2008
dont be speechless or suprised,you know what they say"necessity is the mother of invention"looking at the jide character a supposed man of GOD with double stud earrings, the guy simply sat down and decided to set up a business to fill a niche in the market i.e church for gay people nigeria limited
its evident from the place the service is being held with the aircondition which looks new that he either has backers financially or is fleecing the gay people already for all they have

as for the reporter,this is another reason yet again to show that western medias all operate in concert and will continually attack nigeria anyway they can,how come its now that the anglican congregation in nigeria boycotted the lambeth conference in london that they are doing an article on gay christians in nigeria?i dont care how far fetched but i wont be suprised if the whole thing was even staged for special effects,rather than being speechless or shocked i actually wish the guy sucess in his business enterprise grin
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by huxley(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2008
Why would one want to belong to a world that persecutes them? Not only is christianity falsehood it persecute people for being who they are?

Ecrasez L'infame.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2008
Huxley, your point is shocked
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by cycloflo: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
The Nigerian Police has declared one MR. OYEBUCHI CELESTINE WANTED for involvement in SAME-SEX activities. Anyone with useful information about his whereabouts should please contact the nearest Police Station or the following numbers:

Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2011
@cycloflo

Are you joking ? Arrest a person for 'same sex' activities ? The Nigerian police have not solved murders, corruption etc and they are chasing gay people!! Stupid!!
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by BetaThings: 10:02am On Apr 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@cycloflo

Are you joking ? Arrest a person for 'same sex' activities ? The Nigerian police have not solved murders, corruption etc and they are chasing gay people!! silly!!
Why not. Police should arrest them. Same sex activities are illegal!
Police should leave armed robbers to OPC and Bakassi boys if they cannot deal with them
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 10:05am On Apr 26, 2011
@BetaThings

Why are 'same sex' activities illegal ? If they are consenting adults - why is it our business what they do in their bedroom ?

We have more serious problems in Africa than to start trying to police what adults do in private.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2011
@wilsonsam, you said

Yes it is our business what people do in private if they are defiling the moral climate of our nation and being deceived into corrupt ways of behaving, where will it end, next we'll be saying that what a man and an animal does in private is none of our business

In a country where corruption means people are dying every day from diseases such as malaria, thyphoid, where life expentancy is going down rather than up, where thousands are killed for the sake of democracy - you think gay sex is an issue ??

If consenting men/women want to have sex with each other  it should not be our business - we should be more concerned about the lives needlessly lost daily and the poverty stricken masses.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Jenkins718: 11:46am On Apr 26, 2011
I totally agree with Wilson, it is our business to teach moral integrity and decency.  This does not mean that the other issues affecting our country are not important, but how foolish to believe that the moral climate of a nation does not affect it generally.  Check the history of great world empires who have gone before; the Babylonians, Greecian empire, etc etc.

Now think about what is happening in countries like the U.S.A and U.K and some parts of Europe.  These countries have neglected to uphold the moral stance of their forefathers because of "modern thinking", but things have gotten worse. 

So yes, all the evils going on in our country should be addressed, but let us not think that other issues are also not important; they are and have long term consequences. Yes, everyone can not get involved with everything, but, those of us who have a passion to address specific issues should not be afraid to stand up and be counted and say our piece.

No one in the world regardless of all the strong, eloquent, sophisticated, politically correct arguments can ever convince me that two membes of the same-sex engaging in sexual acts with one another, be it consensual or otherwise is alright.  Have we become so educated, that all common sense has been thrown out the window?

Why are we feeding into this notion that so long as they do it in private, it does not affect us.  Of course it will affect us, because what they are doing in private will eventually be taught in the classroom as "alternative lifestyles" (should be labelled - death style).

That is exactly what has happened in Europe and U.S.A, but now things have gone so far, that all their regrets are labelled erroneously has homophobia and antiquated ideas.

In these so called 1st world countries, you can be marginalised for speaking out about homosexuality.  Can you imagine being arrested in Nigeria for disagressing with gay propaganda, how ludicrous.  That is exactly where things have the potential to end up if things are not nipped in the bud in time.  It may sound ridiculous, but that's what they thought in the western world about 30 years ago, but things have changed drastically and Nigeria slowly, but surely will follow suit

I am not advocating hatred and violence towards people who struggle with same-sex attraction, but education about how it develops so that our young vulnerable people will not believe the lies being spread about by a minority who are seeking to homosexualise the rest of us and encourage us to be let down our guard in the name of "love".
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Jenkins718

I am not suggesting 'gayness' be taught in schools or promoted elsewhere in society - where did you get that from ? We dont have to follow the 'west' in everything they do.

However what two consenting adults do in private should not be my business or yours!

you also said
I am not advocating hatred and violence towards people who struggle with same-sex attraction, but education about how it develops so that our young vulnerable people will not believe the lies being spread about by a minority who are seeking to homosexualise the rest of us and encourage us to be let down our guard in the name of "love".

How does someone become 'homosexualised' ?
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Jenkins718: 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@Jenkins718

I am not suggesting 'gayness' be taught in schools or promoted elsewhere in society - where did you get that from ? We dont have to follow the 'west' in everything they do.

I am not saying that you suggested that, but can't you see we are already following the west by our normalisation of this issue as if it is not hurting anyone.  I have had many clients who have had others trying to homosexualise them by molestation etc.  (I am a therapist by the way).  I have seen the devastation when young children or adolescents are given the notion that emotional feelings towards the same-sex means they are probably gay or bi-sexual, before they have had the chance to develop properly and are then left with all the unecessary baggage because society tells them they are living in denial.  (Not in every case, but these are just examples when society moves away from normal biological functions).

I would prefer not to become uncessarily crude as to what takes places in some homosexual sexual interactions, but those in the medical profession would tell you that some of the stuff that goes on is very damaging physically and psychologically.  Why do you think in the western word that homosexual men in the lifestyle are usually the ones with the most psychological disorders compared to their hetrosexual fellow men. PLUS the suicide rate is far higher and their life expectancy far lower.  These are well documented facts that are carefully hidden by the minority that are promoting the gay agenda in the West and so it seems even now in Nigeria.

However what two consenting adults do in private should not be my business or yours!

When private behaviour affects what my children are taught in schools because society endorses it, yes it is my business. There is absolutely no way that you can separate the two.  I have already lost 2 family members to this lifestyle, so I speaking from a professional as well as personal  perspective.

you also said
How does someone become 'homosexualised' ?
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Jenkins718

It is not a natural progression for things done in private be extended into the classroom or anywhere else.

I dont think homosexuality be taught as a way of life or promoted in anyway - but gay people should not be discriminated against. There are people who are born gay - why should they have less rights ?

Homosexuality is not contagious - you are either gay or not - you cannot be converted into an homosexual.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Jenkins718: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2011
If you seriously believe that someone is actually born gay, well that is your perogative. I know that in the cases of my clietns, they were not born that way and only experienced those feelings because of the sexual abuse they suffered as a child. I met many people who tried to convince others to accept their "unwanted attraction", until they actually discovered it was a lie and was able to meet hundreds of others over the years in Europe, U.K, U.S.A, etc who were told they were born that way only to discover the lies that society is trying to force down our throats.

There is absolutely no medical evidence that people are born gay - there are lots of theories, but no scientific proof and there never will be. What we need is proper education and for our children to be protected from this propaganda and from things that could cause them to question their sexuality and start experimenting in a lifestyle that is sadly quite lonely and sometimes quite high risk. Why on earth would anyone want to embrace such a tormenting way of life? We neeed to promote the doctors and scientists who have an alternative view, that homosexual desires are changeable and people should have access to counsellors and therapists that can help them work through their issues and discover the beauty of hetrosexuality.

No one is born gay, although they may think that way, there are reasons why an individual develops firstly emotional attractions, then sexual attractions by the time puberty kicks in, towards the same sex.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Jenkins718

You said

No one is born gay, although they may think that way, there are reasons why an individual develops firstly emotional attractions, then sexual attractions by the time puberty kicks in, towards the same sex

If someone thinks he is gay - do you really think that person should be in prison ? Do you tell your 'patients' this ?

People dont come out as gay lightly, especially in the third world knowing the stigma attached to it.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Nattlil(m): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
Any parent thinking of sending there ward to a boarding school should think again cause that is where the go and pick up diz rubbish. Any gay that thinks it part of there nature is simply a (WAWA) concentrated MUMU, they are just weak mentally and most of them were so due to societal pressure or "EVIL SPIRIT". Take note guys that spirit is communicable so beware!!!
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by Jenkins718: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@Jenkins718

You said

If someone thinks he is gay - do you really think that person should be in prison ? Do you tell your 'patients' this ?

People dont come out as gay lightly, especially in the third world knowing the stigma attached to it.

I think we must be reading a different thread, I have never said a person should be in prison.  That is absolutely barbaric and just goes to show how much education is needed in this area.  I would never advocate imprisonment for someone who believes they are gay and decides to act on their feelings, neither would I tell my clients such a thing.

I appreciate that it is difficult to admit to having feelings that society looks down on, but that is societies fault.  No one should be forced to do anything they do not want to do, but society should be given all of the relevant information in a balanced view, that just because someone has feelings towards the same-sex, doesn't mean they will be satisfied by engaging in sexual activities with them. 

Wanting to engage with sexual behaviour with the same sex tells me there are un-fulfilled emotional needs that need to be addressed, probably due to some damage in relationships with the same-sex parent, peers, etc, etc, that has never been propertly met.  Hence the reason many ex-gay men and women will often say that as far as they can remember they had those feelings of being attracted to the same-sex. 

My point of view is this sexual attraction is not actually a sexual desire, but an emotional one, that can never truly be satisfied sexually regardless of how many sexual partners they have.  Probably why the male gay community has the highest level of sexual partners in a life time.  What they crave is a reconnection with their masculinity, not sex with men.  However, as long a society promotes the acceptance of this lie, our young men will continue to feed into this lie and ruin themselves, emotionally, mentally, physically, because they truly do not understand why those attractions exist and what they are really representing.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by EarsWide(m): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Jenkins718

Ok it seems there have been some crossed lines here - I thought you were advocating making it illegal to be gay and it seems you think I am advocating the promotion of a gay lifestyle in society. I am not - what I am saying however is that if two people say they are gay and want to sleep with each other - there is nothing the rest of society can do about it. The only thing that can be done (which you dont support) is some form of punishment - which as you rightly pointed out is barbaric.
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 12:50am On Apr 27, 2011
EarsWide:

@Jenkins718

It is not a natural progression for things done in private be extended into the classroom or anywhere else.

I dont think homosexuality be taught as a way of life or promoted in anyway - but gay people should not be discriminated against. There are people who are born gay - why should they have less rights ?

Homosexuality is not contagious - you are either gay or not - you cannot be converted into an homosexual.

. . . but non-gay minors can be groomed (or molested) to become gay or bi! Where does the 'endless supply' of 'consenting' gay partners come from?
Re: Cnn Reports: Gay Christians In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
EarsWide: @Jenkins718

Ok it seems there have been some crossed lines here - I thought you were advocating making it illegal to be gay and it seems you think I am advocating the promotion of a gay lifestyle in society. I am not - what I am saying however is that if two people say they are gay and want to sleep with each other - there is nothing the rest of society can do about it. The only thing that can be done (which you dont support) is some form of punishment - which as you rightly pointed out is barbaric.

I agree.. I think it is a personal exercise in hypocrisy to punish gay people and think promiscuous straights are just that - promiscuous. there are other sorts of "deviant" behavior in society that is worse than being a genocidal maniac and these are severe mental conditions a lot of hypocritical folks place on the same pedestal as being gay.

It has only leaked in trickles what goes on in the hallowed halls of Mother Church. and yet they seem less likely than openly-gays to be challenged, punished and burned to the ground. you will be shocked at the large number of gay folks smack in the middle of Allah-Country Saudi Arabia.. there is that odd silent acceptance there too. so why is it a problem for general society

(1) (Reply)

Demonic, Queen Of Heaven!!! / Hw Life On Earth Will Look 1,000 Yrs Frm Now/where Will U Be 1000 Yrs Frm Now? / The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.