Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria (942 Views)

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2013
I just discovered that our religion system never changed. We are still deeply into traditional religion. Just like the way it has always bin. We av the Pastor/Ifa/Alfa. We have any issue that we don't understand, we meet them, they all reveal what we couldn't understand as natural beings. Ifa would tell you to bring ram or snake legs for sacrifice, pastor would tell you to fast or donate your best car or house or next salary as sacrifice same goes with Alfa's, they do incarnations that u don't understand same with a pastors who speak in tongues you don't understand and Alfa's that speaks Arabic that majority of us don't understand. Ifa says that "kokoro ti ón je efò abe efo lowa" meaning the ant that's eating vegetable its under the vegetable it stays, pastor says there are forces from your fathers house, while Alfa says that it's an internal battle "Ogùn Idilé" They are all greatly feared and respected and it's almost a Taboo to say anything against them, they all live by faith and they believe that all oda religions are not the way.

My question now is "Have we really progressed spiritually or we are just going around the same box/circle?"
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by 2kass(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2013
I think you are right on that, I don't know why a lot of people fail to realize that Jesus is not the only way!!!
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by Pricelesss(f): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2013
2kass: I think you are right on that, I don't know why a lot of people fail to realize that Jesus is not the only way!!!
Example of a drunkard suffering from Saturday hangover!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by koligs: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2013
Pricelesss: Example of a drunkard suffering from Saturday hangover!
You are a Christian I suppose? And you are judging. Tot ur bible was against that.
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2013
Actually we imported our superstitious beliefs, especially that of witchcraft (sorry ghostofsparta) into an imported religion which in truth is a man-made edifice based on little evidence. I am sure Christians reason similar to past pagans, especially in their fervent adherence to their religion, even to their detriment. And like pagans past, who would have thought all the logic in the world pointed to paganism, Christians are similar, but even pagans were smarter to realize God could be approached in different ways.
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by 2kass(m): 11:16am On Nov 24, 2013
Why can't the Mods push this to the front page?
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Why is this not on Frontpage?
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by dein77(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
I'm a Christian, but I must admit, on a general scale, we haven't moved any forward.

What else could be responsible for the ills and backwardness in our society?
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by frank317: 10:21am On Oct 31, 2014
Pricelesss:
Example of a drunkard suffering from Saturday hangover!

do you now feel better...?
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by plaetton: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Op.
Kindly shows us examples of nations that you see as having move forward or progressed spiritually and religiously, that way, we may study them and learn.

If you fail to show examples of such nations , with evidence of spiritual and religious supremacy, then your entire op is silly and useless.
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:
Op.
Kindly shows us examples of nations that you see as having move forward or progressed spiritually and religiously, that way, we may study them and learn.

If you fail to show examples of such nations , with evidence of spiritual and religious supremacy, then your entire op is silly and useless.
seconded
Re: I Don't Think We Have Really Moved Forward Spiritually Or Religiously In Nigeria by finofaya: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:
Op.

Thirded! What could spritual/religious progress possibly look like?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Views On Going To Church / God's Wonderful Creation / Is There Any Reason To Celebrate Valentine After This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.