Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football (671 Views)

Tottenham Hesitate Closing Deal For Nigerian Whizkid Victor Osimhen / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by favouryemmy: 8:20am On Nov 17, 2013
HE is undoubtedly the hottest teenage footballer
in the world today after being voted as the Adidas
Golden Ball Award winner at the 2013 FIFA
Under-17 World Cup, but Kelechi Iheanacho has
sensationally revealed how his parents nearly
stopped him from fulfilling his dream.
In his frankest and longest interview ever,
Iheanacho told the The Nation Sport & Style his
rag-to-riches stuff, adding that it was his faith
that has carried him thus far.
“I think it was God that gave me the mind to be
strong enough to continue playing football
because my parents nearly discouraged me at a
time,” revealed Iheanacho.” I was very good with
my education right from my nursery and primary
school but at a point my attention shifted to
football.”
But his parents, who were not having any of that
and only wanted the youngster to concentrate on
his education, nearly broke his spirit by flogging
him just to keep him on the straight path.
He continued: “At a point, my parents did not
want me to play football but I remember that it
was one coach Ebere that is called Danish
football in Nekede in Imo State that came to our
house and told my parents to stop flogging me
for playing football.
“My parents did not actually listen to the coach
initially, but later they started giving me some
space after I entered Taiye Football Academy in
Owerri. My parents were not convinced that I
would make a breakthrough in life through
football.
“But they started believing in me after we went to
a competition in Abuja and I helped Imo State win
the tournament, and it was after this that they
now gave me the blessing to start playing
football,” explained Iheanacho, whose favourite
hit track is Freedom as sung by Akon – the
Senegalese-American R&B and hip-hop artist.
Iheanacho in the meantime is still revelling in the
joy of being crowned as the most valuable player
at the just-concluded Under-17 FIFA World Cup
UAE 2013 after winning the Adidas Golden Ball as
well as the Silver Shoe for emerging second best
top scorer, even as he gave a glimpse of what he
has passed through before arriving on the podium
on October 8 in Abu Dhabi.

thenationonlineng.net/new/eaglets-whizkid-kelechi-iheanacho-parents-flogged-football/
Re: Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2013
He is the hottest teenage footballer according to this report...where is he picture or how do I confirm his hotness? undecided
Re: Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by tutaboi(m): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2013
Tabh: He is the hottest teenage footballer according to this report...where is he picture or how do I confirm his hotness? undecided
.........young lady calm down. is not that typee of hotness ur thinking
Re: Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by bigtt76(f): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2013
Pay back time ...no give dem share in ur money ooo! This will serve as deterrent to other parents I the future to let their children follow their dreams unhindered grin
Re: Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by Coldfaya(m): 9:45am On Nov 17, 2013
Lesson to b observed. Most Nigerians who succeeded did so amidst opposition n discouragement. So if u r not facing ppl discouraging n going against what u believe, know that it could b a good sign for u. But always have a plan B. Kids get knowledge while hustling. It pays either way.
Re: Eaglets’ Whizkid, Kelechiiheanacho – My Parents Floggedme Because Of Football by sylvar02(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2013
That is what most parents do

(1) (Reply)

Hazard: De Bruyne Needs To Move / Agent Confirms Premier League Talks Overman Utd, Chelsea Target Musa Muhammed / Why Do You Hate Lionel Messi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.