Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

What Is Your Take On Multiple Offerings In Churches Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Multiple Offerings In Churches Today (766 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Multiple Offerings In Churches Today by adewasco2k(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
I pray people dont get this wrong as i am not against it! just need to know what other think of it.

I as a person, i love giving generally, i give to the poor as i can and give to the church or any body to support the work of God.

Okay i am not even a perfect person, i have not been to church for like 4 weeks now so today while getting ready i remembered something that occurred the last time i went to church (i took just one naira note hoping, yes just for offering, we ended up taking offering like 5 times, i was just standing while others walk to the alter to drop their offering) so i was hoping not to experience same, so i took 7 naira notes, funny enough i personally refused giving the last note out for offering as we had like 6 different offerings plus tithe giving.

That's not a problem to me as i know you can never give to God in vain even though i am not giving in expectance of anything i know God will be happy with me giving. now this are things that worries me alot.

1. If i take a friend (not born again) to the church i get shy when they ask for so many offerings, i feel its gonna discourage him because of the way the pastors ask for the offerings
2. I dont like the way the pastors handles such offerings they make it look like scam or like they are luring you to give (if you want to see next year come and give this offering). because of such i refused giving my last note.
3. The prayers on such offerings, they pray after the offering like ONLY those that dropped will be blessed

Finally! this is just me and even with all this i will never stop giving to God.

Also want to use this medium to say if you were once a member of Nigeria Christian Corpers Fellowship (NCCF) please get in touch with the state/local government you served and try to support them financially, they are going just what the kingdom needs.

Thanks and waiting to hear what you all think about multiple offerings in churches today.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christ Reincarnation: China Arrests 1,000 Members Of Deadly Religious Cult. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- Guilty Or Not Guilty! / U.S. Nets Joins British Authorities In Hushing Muslim Sex Abuse Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.