Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Things Nigeria Must Do To Be Competitive In Brazil - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Things Nigeria Must Do To Be Competitive In Brazil (590 Views)

Brazil 2014: Reasons Why Nigeria Must Win!! / Why Nigeria Must Qualify For 2014 World Cup / Mikel Obi Eyes Bikini Girl In Brazil While Being Interviwed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things Nigeria Must Do To Be Competitive In Brazil by Rhydem: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
For Nigeria to be serious contenders I feel we need to do a few things.

We were very good in the confederations cup, and I feel we will be able to compete realistically up to the quarter finals.

However, we must do a few things:

1) Drop Ideye Brown; he adds nothing. Bring in someone like Macauley Chrisantus - I even like Uche when he plays can be effective.
2) Find one attacking midfielder that can support Mikel effectively so he isn't doing both attacking and defending continually (see him against Spain) - Maybe Lukman Haruna

I would like to hear others thoughts on what needs to be done.
Re: Things Nigeria Must Do To Be Competitive In Brazil by Rhydem: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
Another one; Do not include playwes like Gambo into the team.
Re: Things Nigeria Must Do To Be Competitive In Brazil by Rhydem: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2013
Our defence also needs strengthening where is Apam, Adeleye and they should be allowed to come and compete for a place in the team.

In the midfield: Joel Obi and Lukman Haruna should be injected to beef up the midfield and may be Osaze, Ike Uche, Uche Kalu and Anichebe should be considered to battle for a place in the team. This is simply what the team needs to become world class.

(1) (Reply)

fghghf / Kickboxing Or Muay Thai Training / Man.city Comeback Stun Bayern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.