Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? (622 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Who Are The Gentiles? Irrefutable Proof Modern-day Christianity Is False / Modern Day Christianity - An Altar To Self Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by plaetton: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
For those that went to church today, I have no doubts that a large part of today's church program deal with money directly or indirectly.

Anytime the words blessing, bounty, harvest, reward, etc are mention in church, it is a veiled reference to money.
Anytime Malachi , tithe, seed sowing, etc, are mentioned in a church service, it a veiled reference to money.
So , one would find that in a typical church program, a disproportionate amount of time is spent by the pastor dwelling on these pecuniary themes.

This , of course, leads me to think that nearly everyone who goes to church, both the pastor and the flock, go there for the same purpose, to talk about money and how to get some , or more of it.

So I begin to wonder that if money is completely taken out of the modern day christianity, what would remain?
Certainly, 98% of the pastors would not be pastors if the money factor was completely removed.
With some certainty, I can say that at least 50% of the regular born-again church goers would likely be indifferent to religion and faith if the money factors were completely removed.

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by Sylvekzee(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
grin rightly said! Thumbs up! The issue lies greatly on the ever growing cost of standard of living. Since every body needs money as well as other relevant stuffs like "word of God" to live a good and happy life, and the church provides help to that, I see it as a really good thing going on the churches!

The pastor provides help in getting the money and you inturn provides help --in the form of tithes and offerings-- to the pastor for providing the help. cool

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by nnofaith: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2013
Sylvekzee: grin rightly said! Thumbs up! The issue lies greatly on the ever growing cost of standard of living. Since every body needs money as well as other relevant stuffs like "word of God" to live a good and happy life, and the church provides help to that, I see it as a really good thing going on the churches!

The pastor provides help in getting the money and you inturn provides help --in the form of tithes and offerings-- to the pastor for providing the help. cool
Quid pro quo tinz!
Re: Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by mmsen: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
It is not just 'modern day Christianity' it has always been this way. That is why the Vatican has so much money. Without the ability to guilt the sheep into giving up their hard earned money they would not be able to send others out into the field to attract more sheep. Nor would their leaders be able to live the manner that they have become accustomed to.
Re: Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by DKJaleel: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
ahn ahn, plaetton, dont u know money is bicycle of evangelism?? It must be oiled by d 'sheep' nah...
No wonder sheeps look stupid...

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Christianity Minus Money = ???? by sylve11: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
plaetton:
So ,

Very funny! grin grin grin cool

DK Jaleel: ahn ahn, plaetton, dont u know money is bicycle of evangelism??

another funny one. grin grin cool

(1) (Reply)

Is Islam Misunderstood? / Drunkeness / When Was Jesus Born?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.