Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies (738 Views)

Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital At Mid-night, Demand New Born Babies / Gunmen Stormed Ekiti Hospital Demanding Day Old Baby / Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by akpomeme(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2013
Gunmen storm Ekiti hospital, demand day old babies
Posted by: The Citizen in Headline 58 mins ago

Five gunmen, suspected to be ritualists on Sunday invaded the government hospital in Ado-Ekiti, demanding for new born babies.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the gunmen who were said to be numbering about five, arrived at the hospital at about 1am demanding for a day old babies, and beating up staff who could not give satisfactory answer.
A senior health officer, who pleaded anonymity, said that the armed men invaded the hospital located along Irona area at about 1am and suddenly began molesting medical officials on night duty.
According to the officer, the invaders, who were fully armed, are rhetorically demanding for the whereabouts of a particular baby, said to have been delivered earlier in the day.
“They got more annoyed when they were told that no baby was available in the hospital as at the time they came, it angered then the more and they went berserk,” the officer said.
This development, NAN learnt angered the men who beat up the hospital staff and injured some of them.
“As a senior person on duty, I tried to convince them that all new born babies have been discharged from the centre in the last couple of days, but they refused to be convinced.
“This angered them the more and they descended on the staff beating us, some of them were busy ransacking the place in search of babies,” the source said.
When contacted, the Chairman of Ado Local Government, Mr. Tope Olanipekun confirmed the incident, saying “this is a new twist to crime in the area.”
Olanipekun, who claimed to have visited the hospital to see things for himself, described the incident as “highest point of callousness on the part of the perpetrators.”
“As I speak, the incident actually happened and I want to assure you that we are taking step to forestall a recurrence.”
The chairman said that he had already ordered that night duty be suspended in all the hospitals in the council, pending when tight security measures, which would include fencing of all health centres be taken.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Victor Babayemi, ASP, who was surprised at the development, however said the incident was yet to be reported to the police command.
http://thecitizenng.com/headline-2/gunmen-storm-ekiti-hospital-demand-day-old-babies/
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2013
GOD will deliver us in this country
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by bayulll01(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2013
that is the the more reason i cannot give birth to my kids here in nija,new born kids for heaven sake what is this country turning to,these kids are future leaders i weep for nija,and u want GOd to av mercy on this country
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by rexbuton: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2013
Police no go ever dey briefed on d issue yet... onwa december approaching, men need to make money quickly
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by tsleazy(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2013
So sad...pics or e did not happen
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by RoyalRoy(m): 8:53am On Nov 18, 2013
December getting close. Dem go wan go home go show say they made it in the city.
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Why are all these ritual killing news coming from one part of the country? Is it a culture of a particular tribe we can't mention?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: [s]Why are all these ritual killing news coming from one part of the country? Is it a culture of a particular tribe we can't mention?[/s]

Trash.

Ritual killings are commonplace in DIFFERENT parts of the country.
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by raytony: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Suspension of night duty should not be the immediate solution. What if there is an emergency situation? As for fencing, I wonder how tall its going to be.
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by macof(m): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2013
May Yemoja protect all the babies from harm

Ase!
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 18, 2013
[/quote]According to the officer, the invaders, who were fully armed, are rhetorically demanding for the whereabouts of a particular baby, said to have been delivered earlier in the day. [quote]

Hmnn...are they kidnappers The police need to investigate and take measures to inform/protect parents and their new born babies.
Re: Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies by akpomeme(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Morals gone

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Raped By Soldier For 5 Hours Under A Tree — Student / 27 Cultists Arrested By Police In Edo State / See How Strange Illness In Ondo State That Has Killed 14 Connected To Exhumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.