Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? (2225 Views)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan / Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! / My Car Won't Start When The Engine Is Cold, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by abokinama: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
Please I need contact for somebody that knows how to resolve such issues. The car is for my dad in ph. The fuses were severely tampered with, with rewire, etc, now car wont start. Local electricians say its "brainbox". I dont trust them. Just need some competent electrician to confirm before I go searching for another brainbox. Appreciate the help.
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by sultaan(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
I cat bet you there was nothing wrong with the car until you let mechanics mess with it.

I have said it so many times there is no such thing as rewire with these new cars.

The easy way was to Google whatever problem with the car then search for a YouTube video on it.

Now you have to do it the hard way by getting the wiring diagram for the car and figure out what he messed up.

Hope your phy101 was good.

Ikenna did it you may need to talk with him and send pictures of the carnage.

Ask first before they touch anything.
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by abokinama: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks, Sultan. Its really too late now. I just bought a new fuse box and sent home because the original one was severely tampered with, I figured it would not hurt to just replace the fusebox. But the electrician is still insisting the brainbox too is bad. I told him to just stop and not touch anything, until i have somebody else that knows what they are doing take a look at it. But I havent been able to find anybody. The electrician had said he scanned it, I said what were the codes? He kept quiet. So I said how do you know its the brainbox? He says he just knows, especially because the check engine light initially delayed (after he turned the ignition), then came up and remained. I dont know if this is enought to inform him that its a brainbox issue. I would really appreciate a contact to somebody around the PH area that knows these things and can help. Appreciate the help.
BTW, the car was fine. It started dedveloping overheating issues, then all the rewiring and tampering with the fusebox started. On and off. Until one day it just refused to start. Been sitting down for a few months since then.
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by pek(m): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
I don't think your car problem is brain box. as you have said, get a second opinion
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
abokinama: Please I need contact for somebody that knows how to resolve such issues. The car is for my dad in ph. The fuses were severely tampered with, with rewire, etc, now car wont start. Local electricians say its "brainbox". I dont trust them. Just need some competent electrician to confirm before I go searching for another brainbox. Appreciate the help.

you to tell us what was the actual problem with car before the fuses were tempered with

also we need to know which fuses bay did he temper with on average cars have two fuse bays engine and the one inside the all those need to be checked

after that go to relays

but a simple scan would also narrow your problem
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan Won't Start - Brainbox Issues? by sultaan(m): 12:47am On Nov 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kJ3uGjYnbI

this video it works for all Chrysler vehicles to scan for codes then paste the codes here also get a picture of the work they have done on the fuse box

(1) (Reply)

Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash / Ford Ranger Truck For Sell / How Good Is BMW E39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.