Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration (3636 Views)

How Reliable Is Auction Export / Shipment From Usa : Www.facebook.com/bvshipping / Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 12:58am On Nov 19, 2013
Good morning Car dealers,
Please help me clarify my worries.
A Car was successfully paid for on 04/11/13,
as at yesterday 18/11/13, Auction export told me the car is at custom for clearing (that it takes 3 weeks to clear),
this is really unbelievable to me, how true? America is where things work, Nigerian Custom take 2 days to clear a Car, but AMERICA How true is this?
How long does it take for you guys please? from purchase to shipment. Am presently freaking out, as i thought i could have this car for Christmas.
Finally, I got this mail just now: "Now your car is ready to be shipped out. Our transportation department will do all of the necessary paper work related to US customs clearance and loading of your vehicle to the next available vessel."
this mail now refers to which of the Customs Clearance please?
Am so regretting the business now, unless you will advise of your honest experience with this Auction Export people.
Thank you very much as i look forward to reading from you all. cheeers
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 1:34am On Nov 19, 2013
yea! cheesy
am I alone in this?
sleepless, and restless...
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 6:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Please, any one in the house with answers to my enquiry?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by logo77: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2013
@OP; I can understand your feelings.

One fact I know from experience is that if you are buying a car or pre-ordering a car from abroad you need to be VERY VERY VERY patient.

The best your agent (in this case Auction Export) can do is to keep you posted and respond to your inquires promptly; but sometimes agents make your anxiety worst by ignoring your calls/emails.

Just relax the car will come.

1 Like

Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks a lot @loggo
The thing is that, this Car has been in customw for more than 2 weeks now,
are they clearing nuts and bolts individually? cheesy
The confusion now is on the mail I just got yesterday
of the car arriving exit point where Custom paper work will commence.
How many custom point are involved here?
Should i start another 3 weeks of waiting for shipment to commence?
Please House, there is one person at least that has purchased from this people,
Please share your experience with me.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
No Nairaland.com member done Car purchase here?
Please share you waiting duration before the Shipped mail got to you.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am certain that no Customers of Auction Export are here on Nairaland,
hence I have decided to put down my updates for people who will be looking for these type of information that will inform their
choices of doing business with this wonderful outfit.

Update:
today, i was informed that the purchase to shipping take approximately 60 days,
my Car just got to Customs 2 days ago, and may be there for another 2 weeks.
Remember I already got 2 weeks past in Custom, which i was not giving the difference.

This is where i stop till new information comes in....

1 Like

Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hi dashintrends,

I am in the same dilemma with you. I also bought an SUV from auction export on Nov 06, 2013 which i thought would be in Lagos for Xmas. their latest email to me was that the vehicle has been delivered to the exit port at Baltimore for clearance and shipping via RO-RO. The draft Bill of Lading is showing that the vehicle will arrive Lagos on 11th Jan 2014.

My question is how will it be affected by the new government policy on imported used cars with the 350% increase in duty fees. Please someone should advice.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Getgeorgio
Thanks for joining me on this journey.
I got same Bill of Laden date of 11-01-14, I asked them, they asked
Me to ignore it, that it was an error... yet it is still in my mail.

Experts on Nairaland.com said if your Bill of Laden reads before January
You may not be caught up in the 70%'s new rate of clearing.

Fingers crossed Bro, pls continue to post your updates lets see how far.
I will continue to update this thread, because I looked for such information before embarking on this journey but found none.
This will help someone.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Carshopper(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello

I have not used auction export before ... But I bought a vehicle same day you bought yours and mine is already at Baltimore ports and shld sail 3rd Dec and arrive 21st dec.

I guess auction export hve their own ways ....since they are brokers to most auction firm their process/documentation may take time
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by femmy2010(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yes it can take up to 3weeks to clear US customs.
They have to check that it has no lien(gbese) on it,they have to be sure a stolen vehicle is not been shipped etc before clearing it to sail.
Auction export often use Grimaldi shipping line(they are the best regads roro shipment) but the backlogs of yet to be shipped vehicles booked to sail on their vessels makes it a NO NO shippjng option if one intend to get the vehicle into Nigeria before the year ends thus avoid the to be introduced hyper hiked tariff regime in January.
I do advise anyone shipping a car this week to ship on HOEGH,Sallaum or AES shipping line.

Thanks
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Carshopper: But I bought a vehicle same day you bought yours and mine is already at Baltimore ports and shld sail 3rd Dec and arrive 21st dec.
Thanks for sharing Sir.
Please was it also a complete online transaction purchase as well?
Please can you drop the name of the website? Once bitten twice wiser.
Bless you.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Guys this is the shipping schedule for Grimaldi

http://www.grimaldi.napoli.it/pdf/schedule/1383133650_north_america_west_africa_service.pdf

@ dashintrend. Export Auction has corrected my Bill of Lading. My vehicle will now sail on 8th Dec and arrive Lagos 27th Dec using Grande Gabon.

I thank God.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ Carshopper
Please which shipping line are you using?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
Carshopper: Hello

I have not used auction export before ... But I bought a vehicle same day you bought yours and mine is already at Baltimore ports and shld sail 3rd Dec and arrive 21st dec.

I guess auction export hve their own ways ....since they are brokers to most auction firm their process/documentation may take time

PLease which shipping line are you using?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
getgeorgio:
@ dashintrend. Export Auction has corrected my Bill of Lading. My vehicle will now sail on 8th Dec and arrive Lagos 27th Dec using Grande Gabon.

I thank God.

I envy you, am more positive am gonna get a mail too.

femmy2010: Yes it can take up to 3weeks to clear US customs.
They have to check tha t it has no lien(gbese) on it,
I do advise anyone shipping a car this week to ship on HOEGH,Sallaum or AES shipping line.

Thanks
. I guess it is already late to give them an option now, so as to avoid any rescheduling that may delay longer, finger crossed, am gonna be lucky like @georgie smiley
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Carshopper(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
It's not really about the shipping company used...most shipping do a transit time of 18-21days roro. It's more on how soon your paper work is done and your ride meeting cut-off dates.

I rarely used grimaldi Cus they operate a first come first served basis .... I do others hoegh, aes etc.

Remember auction export are brokers so once a vehicle is bought through their platform, they are sent the title documents from the auction they represent, they process this documents before its sent out. Some processing may take 3-14days.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
Still here... no new status.
Mails were not replied. sad
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Carshopper(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Auction export are slow in replying mails/ clients request (my own thots) but they Will reply eventually.

Why didnt you request your own shipping?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
Carshopper: Auction export are slow in replying mails/ clients request (my own thots) but they Will reply eventually.

Why didnt you request your own shipping?
that was what i requested in the mail, I asked them for any other option of early shipment.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Carshopper(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
I mean arrange pick up n shipping ursef. I want to believe you eequested shipping quote from thém?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Carshopper: I mean arrange pick up n shipping ursef. I want to believe you eequested shipping quote from thém?
oh, no.
that was included in the cost of the car. didn't know i could do that. thanks a lot.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Carshopper(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Once you buy frm broker you can request that you arrrange your own transport n shipping. Expect you did auction export buy now n pay later plan where u pay a certain % of total cost of vehicle.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
dashintrends: Still here... no new status.
Mails were not replied. sad

Which exit port is your vehicle? Mine is at Baltimore which is a lot faster than New York because of the higher volume at NY.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Carshopper: Expect you did auction export buy now n pay later plan where u pay a certain % of total cost of vehicle.
For where?! complete cash-out, but for the break in 2 days where you can only post max $10k

getgeorgio:

Which exit port is your vehicle? Mine is at Baltimore which is a lot faster than New York because of the higher volume at NY.
Florida @getgeorgio
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 1:36am On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmm! Finally!!
Status now reads LOADED on ACL to arrive 2nd of January (no BOL yet though).
The Shilp is Grade Garbon on ACL. @getgeogior I have a crazy conviction that we are on the same ship, fingers crossed. My assumptions are based on the Ship's itinerary.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by FLORIDACAR: 2:43am On Dec 14, 2013
Grande Gabon V. 0913 sailed yesterday ...ETA Lagos 01/02/2014
@dashintrends, Next time try and get outside shipping agent away from auction export.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2013
FLORIDACAR: Grande Gabon V. 0913 sailed yesterday ...ETA Lagos 01/02/2014
@dashintrends, Next time try and get outside shipping agent away from auction export.

grin you dey scold me ohhh! Upon all my suffer angry sad
Okay Sir... next time nah.
The RORO vessel is #GGA0913S
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by getgeorgio: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
dashintrends: Hmmm! Finally!!
Status now reads LOADED on ACL to arrive 2nd of January (no BOL yet though).
The Shilp is Grade Garbon on ACL. @getgeogior I have a crazy conviction that we are on the same ship, fingers crossed. My assumptions are based on the Ship's itinerary.

Congrats dashintrends,

The status of my shipment is still unchanged though another Grimaldi vessel CSCC SHANGHAI is heading to Baltimore where my vehicle is. ETA is in next 9hours (14/12/2013). Pray we beat the FGN tariff hike.
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
getgeorgio:
. ETA is in next 9hours (14/12/2013). Pray we beat the FGN tariff hike.

You have confused me.
Your car is suppose ro be here 27th, you mean you are taking delivery in less than 9hrs?
Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by Pesuzok(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2013
Grande Gabon GGA0913 is headed towards Baltimore with ETA 16/12/13, then to Newyork with ETA 19/12/13 , before it leaves for west africa with ETA to lagos 02/01/2014. I have a vehicle in newyork that is suppose to sail on the 20/12/13 with the same GGA0913 with ETA 02/01/2014 to lagos. I believe its the same vessel.

Here is the link to the schedule, and also you can track the movement online.

http://www.net.grimaldi.co.uk/WebDATA/Published_Sched_Fleetpos/sched_nw.htm

http://www.marinetraffic.com/it/ais/details/ships/247304600

1 Like

Re: Auction Exports Purchase To Shipment Duration by dashintrends: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2013
thanks a lot @Pesuzok.... you have finally kill my dream of arrival on 27th grin
i will keep watch on the second link.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reg 2006 Honda City 550k SOLD / SOLD! Black Range Rover Evoque 2012 (Petrol) / »»» Sold!! Sound Skoda Octavia 011 @ N780K Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.