Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming (2221 Views)

Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops / Android Phone For The Best Gaming Experience..??? / The Best Gaming Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by realtem(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2013
good day people, i have an outdated pc at home that i plan on upgrading to get the best performance on it(for gaming and other things). There are only two things i know that could make it faster and better for gaming which are the ram and the video card or graphics card. The ram was previously 512mb (planning to go for a 4gb ram ) and the video card, all i know is that it is outdated and very slow. I'm not a computer geek but also i'm not a computer illiterate, so i'll like to ask people out here who know more than me that :

1.) is it only the ram and the video card i need to change to boost up it's performance
2.) which size of ram would be advisable and what kinda graphics card (I'm a heavy gamer)

please,
NOTE: that the prices should not be too high cos i'm not working yet(student)
Re: How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by realtem(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
realtem: good day people, i have an outdated pc at home that i plan on upgrading to get the best performance on it(for gaming and other things). There are only two things i know that could make it faster and better for gaming which are the ram and the video card or graphics card. The ram was previously 512mb (planning to go for a 4gb ram ) and the video card, all i know is that it is outdated and very slow. I'm not a computer geek but also i'm not a computer illiterate, so i'll like to ask people out here who know more than me that :

1.) is it only the ram and the video card i need to change to boost up it's performance
2.) which size of ram would be advisable and what kinda graphics card (I'm a heavy gamer)

please,
NOTE: that the prices should not be too high cos i'm not working yet(student)
where are all the computer geeks? Need your help
Re: How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by wman(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2013
Don't go for a 4Gb Ram. Some games like Call Of Duty Ghosts require a 6Gb Ram. Since RAM is relatively cheaper to other PC components , Go for a 6 Gb DDR3 RAM. If not that you were on a budget, I could have asked you to go for an 8Gb DDR4(coming out in December).

Processor is very important: Go for a 2nd gen CoreI5 since you are on a budget.

Graphics Card: THE MOST IMPORTANT. At least a 2Gb graphics card. 1 Gb won't run some games on high specs again. Go for a 2 Gb ATI. ATI graphics card are relatively cheaper than Nvidia graphics cards but Nvidia graphic cards are better.
Re: How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
wman: Don't go for a 4Gb Ram. Some games like Call Of Duty Ghosts require a 6Gb Ram. Since RAM is relatively cheaper to other PC components , Go for a 6 Gb DDR3 RAM. If not that you were on a budget, I could have asked you to go for an 8Gb DDR4(coming out in December).

Graphics Card: THE MOST IMPORTANT. At least a 2Gb graphics card. 1 Gb won't run some games on high specs again. Go for a 2 Gb ATI. ATI graphics card are relatively cheaper than Nvidia graphics cards but Nvidia graphic cards are better.

I hope you know not all systems are upgrade-able, even if it is, I doubt it can withstand 6gig ram.

Most of the time laptops can only be upgraded to two times the ram they came with, for example 2gig will be upgradeable to 4gig maximum.

Note that I said most of the time, the best thing to do is visit a computer store, this kind of information should be free of charge or google your laptop's name and google questions about it.
Cos I doubt such a old (512ram) laptop will work with today's games.

Anytime you want to buy laptop tho, you can alert me. I import and sell @ jaw-dropping prices wink
Re: How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by realtem(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Promhize:

I hope you know not all systems are upgrade-able, even if it is, I doubt it can withstand 6gig ram.

Most of the time laptops can only be upgraded to two times the ram they came with, for example 2gig will be upgradeable to 4gig maximum.

Note that I said most of the time, the best thing to do is visit a computer store, this kind of information should be free of charge or google your laptop's name and google questions about it.
Cos I doubt such a old (512ram) laptop will work with today's games.

Anytime you want to buy laptop tho, you can alert me. I import and sell @ jaw-dropping prices wink
Thanks for the advice
Re: How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming by realtem(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
wman: Don't go for a 4Gb Ram. Some games like Call Of Duty Ghosts require a 6Gb Ram. Since RAM is relatively cheaper to other PC components , Go for a 6 Gb DDR3 RAM. If not that you were on a budget, I could have asked you to go for an 8Gb DDR4(coming out in December).

thanks a loooooooot

(1) (Reply)

Are There Online Poker Player In The House? / Sold / Help On Highly Compressed Android Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.