Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful (426 Views)

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful by mumumugu(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2013
. Why are my prayers unsuccessful and unanswered?

I prayed faithfully from the time I was first able to repeat the prayers of my parents. I have never experienced ANY sensation that was indistinguishable from indigestion. I knew it in my heart, even as a child. Sometimes, this reality would bother me enough to go down one of these paths.
a.

I am not good enough for God to talk to me. I am unworthy.
This line of reasoning would cause such guilt in me over any supposed sin that could possibly be responsible, that I would feel compelled to pray all the harder out of shame. My prayers would soon lead me to begging for forgiveness that I would never feel I received. This was the foundation of my childhood depression.

b. Something is wrong with my ability to hear God. I am broken.
This thought made me equally sad, and depressed over time. If I was at fault by malfunction, and not even God had repaired me, what chance did I have? Surely, I would never hear his voice, or feel his will.

c. I just need to accept God's will, and stop worrying about my prayers.
For a while I settled on a policy of self deception. By purposefully repeating the answers that I thought God ought to give to me in my mind, I convinced myself that it was, in fact, God sending me a message. Part of me was aware of my self deception, but the rest was caught up in my desire for it to be true.

, if God's will is inevitable, why pray? His will will go on regardless of my desires. I might as well save my breath .
Re: Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful by vickyO(f): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2013
They are unanswered cause you pray in unbelief.
Do you know God's thoughts for us? It's for good and not evil. So God's will for your life is for you to live in peace, comfort...just name it. But the devil comes in to steal all these away from us. He is a devourer. So his will for you isn't evil, ok?
As to prayer, Jesus said watch and pray. watch- the circumstances around you, are they in line with God's word and plan for us? if they aren't pray God's will be done. And when you pray, don't see yourself as unworthy (nobody is worthy anyways). You have to go bold to the throne of grace, pray in faith (and in tongues if you can) and your prayers will be answered. you have to be patient and sensitive to the spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Prayers Unanswered And Unsuccesful by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2013
They could be unanswered also because you ask for selfish reasons...

Study also James 1:6-8.

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Members... Let's Meet Here / Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th 0f November 2013 / Benefits Of Wisdom (20)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.