Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Webmasters Please Help Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Please Help Me (603 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me! Please. / Webmasters Please Answer This Quesion / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Please Help Me by Tochi93: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
there is this website I designed with MS FrontPage ,so i bought a domain with namecheap and also hosted with them,
but when i published the site it's not appearing in the net.
rather when i go to the CPANEL i will find it there but it's scattered , so i need someone to tell me what to do so that others can see it when they log into the website.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by ZinoFego: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Did you upload it to the public_html folder? All your files should be in that folder for the site to show online.

Tochi93: there is this website I designed with MS FrontPage ,so i bought a domain with namecheap and also hosted with them,
but when i published the site it's not appearing in the net.
rather when i go to the CPANEL i will find it there but it's scattered , so i need someone to tell me what to do so that others can see it when they log into the website.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by Tochi93: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
@ ZinoFego I did upload it but am not sure it's on the public_html,
because when i tried to upload it there a dailogue box would ask me to create the folder that it does not exist
and afterwards it say that it cannot create or that the server is out of service.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by ZinoFego: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
To make the uploading process clearer. Follow the steps below:

1. Download and Install FileZilla, it is an FTP program. It's free.
2. Open the Program.
3. To connect to your website files you need to enter your website FTP parameters. They are:

a. Host: YourWebsite name without www. or http://, your website name should simply be tochi93.com, assuming tochi93.com is your domain name.
b. Username: Your domain Username.
c. Password: Your Domain Password.

4. Click Quickconnect. All the folders in the site will be listed.
5. Click public_html.

That's where you should upload your website files.

You can see the public_html as indicated by the red arrow in the image below.

Tochi93: @ ZinoFego I did upload it but am not sure it's on the public_html,
because when i tried to upload it there a dailogue box would ask me to create the folder that it does not exist
and afterwards it say that it cannot create or that the server is out of service.

Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by Tochi93: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2013
sorry i tried it but it didn't work work rather the website is still showing the customized name cheap page rather than what i posted or is there any settings i have to apply to make it work work please tell me
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by soloqy: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Are you uploading the folder in which you placed the website? If you upload the folder and not the contents of the folder, the Namecheap page will still be showing.

The option that ZinoFego already gave you should work but you can try another option. If your host has cpanel go to file manager in cpanel and go to the public_html directory and click on upload at the top left in cpanel.

It will open an new window with options to select files to open. You can select your files from your system one by one and check the "overwrite if present option" . This way you are sure you are uploading in the right directory. Though it will be slower. Also remember to upload any images the same way.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by ZinoFego: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
The major reason why your site should show the Customized NameCheap page is, if your domain name is parked. But since you can still have access to the FTP and Cpanel environments, then it is more likely you are not uploading your files to the public_html folder.

The outline by soloqy should nail it save there are issues with your hosting.

Tochi93: sorry i tried it but it didn't work work rather the website is still showing the customized name cheap page rather than what i posted or is there any settings i have to apply to make it work work please tell me
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by yawatide(f): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Could it also be that since the site was coded using frontpage that the host doesn't come with frontpage extensions? In other words, could it be that the account is linux-based?

Just something to think about. Might not be the case, but hey, you never know. When I hear frontpage and cpanel put in the same sentence, that immediately jumps out to me.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Again, do u have any file with index dot whatever in there? If not, u should hav one. again, try uploading using third party ftp client like filezilla. uploading direct through the cpanel can be confusing sometimes since u hav to create folders. but u can simply drag all ur files and folders to filezila and dump them inside ur public_html and filezilla wil do its work.
Re: Webmasters Please Help Me by soloqy: 12:43am On Nov 25, 2013
OP, you should be there by now with all the tips posted already.

Also, a must have tool for you can be found here : http://www.coreftp.com/download.html .

You will see free version and pro version. Free version will do all you want . Just choose the one for your system (32bit or 64bit).

Like Yawatide said, maybe when you first tried to upload it , you used the inbuilt frontpage system and it probably required some Frontpage specific extensions to work and a lot of hosts dont offer Frontpage extensions for security reasons.

Maybe its time you started weaning yourself from Frontpage/dreamweaver, etc smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Include Online Payment On A Website / Youtube Now Has A Download Button / Simple Wp-tutorial To Increase File Upload Space On Wordpress Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.