Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November (3341 Views)

ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY / FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Simon21(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
Just spoke with a lecturer here in Uniben and he told me in confidence that the strike will be suspended this friday to enable students attend the burial ceremony of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi from 5th to 7th december. This information is trustworthy. U people should start dusting your books and packing your bags cause school finally resumes on monday
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Harmvirus(f): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hmm..this year don end na..y not nxt yr
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by ishola288: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Simon21: Just spoke with a lecturer here in Uniben and he told me in confidence that the strike will be suspended this friday to enable students attend the burial ceremony of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi from 5th to 7th december. This information is trustworthy. U people should start dusting your books and packing your bags cause school finally resumes on monday
I hear u but give me dat lecturer's number to confirm

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by BUEdu(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Biblical University - CENTRE FOR E-LEARNING AND DISTANCE EDUCATION. FREE TUITION, FREE COURSE, AND FREE APPLICATION.

Applying is free if you fill out and email an application. Click here: http://www.biblicaluniversity.org to download a paper copy, or send request for a paper copy to admissions@biblicaluniversity.org

If you have any question, please feel free to call our admissions helpline at +234-802-535-1268
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Phemmy99(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Simon21: Just spoke with a lecturer here in Uniben and he told me in confidence that the strike will be suspended this friday to enable students attend the burial ceremony of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi from 5th to 7th december. This information is trustworthy. U people should start dusting your books and packing your bags cause school finally resumes on monday
na so una dey talk...
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Sodiq3(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Another impeccable souce who pleaded anonymity again?
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Simon21(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
I understand why u guys should doubt d veracity of this report but mark my words, u will thank me 4 this at most on saturday afternoon...

ishola288: I hear u but give me dat lecturer's number to confirm

I can't do that because first, I don't know you and second, it will b betraying his trust

According to him, it was a painful decision because they had earlier vowed not 2 resume until they had laid d remains of d Late Prof 2 mother earth and get 2 d bottom of d circumstances surrounding his death. But they had 2 let both students and staff fully participate 2 give Prof a befitting burial. This same lecturer is even a member of the burial committee (in charge of protocol). As am speaking with you, d burial committee is in late Prof's house in a meeting
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
ASUU chairman b like if Ɣoΰ know Ɣoΰ are feeling this strike Spiritually let me hear Ɣoΰ say NEXXXT YEEAAAR!!!
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Simon21: The same lecturer is even a member of the burial committee (in charge of protocol). As am speaking with you, d burial committee is in late Prof's house in a meeting
You've betrayed his trust already.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by AMINDA: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
Simon21: I understand why u guys should doubt d veracity of this report but mark my words, u will thank me 4 this at most on saturday afternoon...

I can't do that because first, I don't know you and second, it will b betraying his trust

According to him, it was a painful decision because they had earlier vowed not 2 resume until they had laid d remains of d Late Prof 2 mother earth and get 2 d bottom of d circumstances surrounding his death. But they had 2 let both students and staff fully participate 2 give Prof a befitting burial. This same lecturer is even a member of the burial committee (in charge of protocol). As am speaking with you, d burial committee is in late Prof's house in a meeting
Mr man, in as much as I'll like to give you the benefit of doubt concerning the authenticity of your report, your reason given for the decision to call off is petty and it undermines the whole body of ASUU. You want us to believe that ASUU wouldn't have called off but for the desire to have uniben students attend Prof Iyayi's burial? Common, you can do better than this
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by henrinco(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
l hope they do or[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Simon21(m): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
AMINDA:
Mr man, in as much as I'll like to give you the benefit of doubt concerning the authenticity of your report, your reason given for the decision to call off is petty and it undermines the whole body of ASUU. You want us to believe that ASUU wouldn't have called off but for the desire to have uniben students attend Prof Iyayi's burial? Common, you can do better than this

Can u please tell me why ASUU postponed their NEC meeting indefinitely and why d strike has not been called off?
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ayima: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
I think am sleeping wake me up in 2014,then we can talk about ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by honeydion(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
For all I care, they can continue till eternity. #IDIOTS
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ashanty66: 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
If dis news is true, i wil come bck to gve u an appreciatn.
Bt if otherwise...................

Comment reserved til friday nite.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ogbeozioma: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
the one wen dem put reference from national newspaper turn out to be false talkless of this one
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Daviewonder(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
AMINDA:
As if You were in ma mind, М̣̣̥̇̊є̲̣̣̣̥ I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ tired of all diz reliable sources, let Ƌƹм jus do A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ call it off abeg
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
ishola288: I hear u but give me dat lecturer's number to confirm

Bros U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ vex gan o, no time 2 believe ppl again grin
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by ignis: 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Another sourcelss information again.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by westsyde92: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Simon21:

Can u please tell me why ASUU postponed their NEC meeting indefinitely and why d strike has not been called off?
as much as i wan to blive yhu....so yhu telin us dt dey wud call off d strike without a nec meeting.....
Or did d same lecturer nt say anytyn abt d nec meeting
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Sermwell(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
My only question is that doesn't ASUU has a PRO who will adress the public about happenings in the association?.... All this impeccable and despicable sources here and there is just too laughable for christ's sake! Haba!

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by westsyde92: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sermwell: My only question is that doesn't ASUU has a PRO who will adress the public about happenings in the association?.... All this impeccable and despicable sources here and there is just too laughable for christ's sake! Haba!
i jx taya fr dem oh
ASUU feel we are nt worthy of a press release
i fink we all knw now dt ASUU were nt fightin fr d students at first
dey were only fightn fr demselves
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by walad4yhu(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Guyz make una bliv am in advance nah
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ayima: 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
The only news i want to hear is that breaking news all ASUU members death.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Prymestrr(m): 12:12am On Nov 20, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: You've betrayed his trust already.
Pls chief... Be kind 2 tell us how he did dt... He never gave no one's name did he... Do u v any idea how many uniben lecturers who are on dt committee
I don't see how exactly the OP betrayed any1s trust... He didn't say he took an oat never 2 divulge d info 2 d general public.
U should just take d news in gud faith or simply leave it 4 those who wants 2 n not try 2 diminish d OP personal credibility.
#see as ASUU take turn all of us in2 DOUBTING THOMAS#... BABA God still dey watch 4 3D plasma screen sha

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by lymelyte(m): 3:10am On Nov 20, 2013
I just pray the news is legit. I don tire for all this news. I nor dey fit sleep well.ASUU dis,ASUU that.
Abeg rumour mongers make una suffry dey raise our hope high.una go just dey raise am very high only to smash am for ground.
The only pple benefiting from this strike are those IT students. Those are the one shouting nxt year,nxt year.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by BUSHMAN1990(m): 5:30am On Nov 20, 2013
any tin concerning ASUU is til next year
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by lymelyte(m): 5:43am On Nov 20, 2013
BUSHMAN1990: any tin concerning ASUU is til next year
U better quiet ur mouth shut,if u hv nothing to say

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by ocgreen(m): 6:44am On Nov 20, 2013
The truth is that wen the strike is called off dos ppl sayin next yr wil b d first to b in skul. They just say it bkos they cant say anythin meaningful. oyibo d call am pretence. And at this point in time, it is now clear to me dat ASUU is very hungry for ppl's attention. They just want to b in d news. They just want to b talked about. If not the part of d fg is now clear. see millions of ppl waiting for ASUU's NEC meeting. Isnt that ridiculous?
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ollybarbie219(f): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2013
Ayima: The only news i want to hear is that breaking news all ASUU members death.
choi! Haba nau...dat wd only mean d death of education in nigeria....coz dem go suspend d meeting til rapture! Lol
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by Ollybarbie219(f): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: ASUU chairman b like if Ɣoΰ know Ɣoΰ are feeling this strike Spiritually let me hear Ɣoΰ say NEXXXT YEEAAAR!!!
lmao...very funny!
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike After NEC Meeting This Friday 22nd November by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Pls chief... Be kind 2 tell us how he dis dt... He never gave no one's name did he... Do u v any idea how many uniben lecturers who are on dt committee
I don't see how exactly the OP betrayed any1s trust... He didn't say he took an oat never 2 divulge d info 2 d general public.
U should just take d news in gud faith or simply leave it 4 those who wants 2 n not try 2 diminish d OP personal credibility.
#see as ASUU take turn all of us in2 DOUBTING THOMAS#... BABA God still dey watch 4 3D plasma screen sha
Son, who says I dint pray and hope for the resumption, if you know what is costing....... the op betrayed the man by identifying him as the one in charge of protocol as am typing this I already know whom the person is if he is the person he is talking about. Imagine if I am one of those so called bloggers or palmwine journalists I will definitely write my own side of the story mentioning the man (coordinator protocol, Iyayi's burial committee) as my source.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cowbellpedia Secondary School Mathematics Competition Is Open For Registration / Top 5 Crazy Pictures From Osun State University Ikire Campus / A Picture Of An Economics Examination In A Northern University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.