Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (48377 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Wednesday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by moddo: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2012
The Minister of Education, Professor Ruqquayatu Ahmed Rufa’i has assured that the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) would before long call off its strike, with the passage of the bill on the retirement age of professors from 65 years to 70 years.

Rufa’i said this in Abuja yesterday at the meeting with Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities, saying the bill which was passed on Wednesday would soon be passed into law as soon as the President Goodluck Jonathan endorses it.

Rufa’i disclosed that the Federal Government would hold another meeting with the union on Monday to finally resolve the lingering problems with the union to allow students resume their academic programs at the universities.

The meeting with Vice Chancellors was the first for the year and it is to chart a better course for Nigerian universities and review status of activities within the system.

The minister expressed concern over the proliferation of Honorary Doctorate Degrees in Nigerian universities which she said has tarnished the image of the sub-sector and advised Vice Chancellors to follow the extant tradition of checking the eligibility and credibility of the recipients in order not to make it an all-comers affair.
She also reiterated that universities must submit in advance, their schedules for convocation ceremonies in order to streamline the planning procedures and ensure sufficient processing time for the approval of the visitor.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/20/national-20-01-2011-015.html
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by webbjamie(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2012
Let's wait and see, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Chinyxboy(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2012
Great info. This ASUU strike has really affected Nigerian students in so many ways. It will make more sense if the strike should really end next week to allow these Nigerian Federal Universities student get back to school.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Surryt: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2012
Thanks friend,it's a great news
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Ayima: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
The question is,as ASUU said der want to call off dia strike on Monday? Forget what Madam minister said,she is not sure but also hoping dat ASUU call off strike dat Monday so i wonder why all dis noise abt ASUU calling off strike on Monday.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by lynkyinka(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
dont get too excited, is RUKAYAT ASUU chairperson /spokeperson?
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
Bad belle people. ASUU Must And will call off strike on Monday
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
they should wait till month ends, i am currently working on a project that will fetch me cash wink
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by slimshady1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Make i hear am 4rm assu chairman or spokesprsn 1st b4 i jubilate jor. Hope thy rili call off sha cos boyz r nt smiling, !
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by LEXYLOV: 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
It's better if they do ooo the students are tired lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
this is not a confirmation that ASSU will call off its stike on monday. she thinks assu will call off the strike on monday
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by klairekk: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
Prof retires at 70,
Other lecturers At 65
Civil Servants at 80,
Miltary at 65,
Pension,
How will young graduate get into the system, ? when our grandfathers are still in the system.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by TruthTella(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
J
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Eltonluigi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
Garbage in, garbage out. Funny how university student no longer write their own thesis/project at their finals, they just buy and copy old ones.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by eunisam: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
this is what I have been waiting for.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
let d ASUU chairman speak b4 u start giving us hope nairaland.and as 4 dat fool saying till next month bcus of N5000 he is earning.
liaslo++:

they should wait till month ends, i am currently working on a project that will fetch me cash wink
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by lifestyle1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
Eltonluigi:

Garbage in, garbage out. Funny how university student no longer write their own thesis/project at their finals, they just buy and copy old ones.

No thesis/project is 100% original you still make reference to already made works if I'm wrong upload your project let me scan through. undecided
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by lifestyle1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
klairekk:

Prof retires at 70,
Other lecturers At 65
Civil Servants at 80,
Miltary at 65,
Pension,
How will young graduate get into the system, ? when our grandfathers are still in the system.

@ bold, Let them die in class, old fools.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by jayplect(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
they should wait for the african nations cup which is about to start to end o
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by ARareGem(f): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Students don tire for house o.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by TmeWillTel: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
undecided
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by freecocoa(f): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
About time abeg,I don tire.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Mattex001(m): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
Una blind una no c link 4 d post, mitchew
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by justinceejay(m): 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
pls they shld call off d strike o.well is dia biz.bt all i knw is dat posterity wil nt 4giv dem 4 wat dy hav done,wat dy did nd wat dy wil do 2 d educatn sector.lets pray 4 a beta nigeria
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by adebayo201: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
Make we no quarrel over FG/ASUU,wetin make we dy du na watch and pray 2 c bynd Monday!
cheesy, grin
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by jayplect(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
Mattex001:

Una blind una no c link 4 d post, mitchew
shuo why the insult na
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by kizito96(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
I Siddon dey look
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by oc2fish: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
it is not all about age at retirement .Assu is talking about funding it is wrong for a university not to have electricity to carry out research. I laugh in ibo when I see graduates of fisheries not able to inject fish talkless of culturing fish. This students only want to graduate and go. hating the cause and any concern lecturer. Please tell me the forward
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by niyitogun(m): 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nah, d ministers say what they like, their meetin is scheduled for monday in d first place dnt think twld be cald off on monday
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by HisMajesty1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dem 4 still dey negotiate am reach lyk August naw. Unserious pipul.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Tytguy: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
bombin
in
kano.no moni 4pocket. i no want anybody to com giv me lie lie hope o, if u no sure go padlock ur mout o[color=#006600][/color]
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
I pray that FG and ASUU should reach a compromise on monday.
We are tired of staying at home

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Reducing/removing Their 40 Marks / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Buhari’s Granddaughter, Amal, Graduates From College (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.