Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Central Bank Fraud Alert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Central Bank Fraud Alert (739 Views)

Gov. Abdul Fatai Ahmed, Toyin Pinheiro (SAN), ABS, Access Bank Fraud Exposed! / Oceanic Bank Fraud / Former Md Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank Fraud Alert by yemi2plus(m): 12:00am On Nov 20, 2013
CENTRAL BANK FRAUD ALERT:
You will receive a SMS from a number
similar to the one that you get bank notifications from. The SMS will indicate a problem on your
account a 'consultant' will contact you. When the 'consultant'
contacts you he/she will start confirming all your details, your
account number & then they will ask you what kind of a phone you are using. The fraudsters will then
contact your cell phone provider &
perform a SIM Swap. The fraudster will then be able to
receive OTP's (One Time Pins)
and/or RVN' (Random Verification Numbers from your bank & have access to your bank accounts. By
the time you realize that your cell number is not working your
money will be out of your account. Please broadcast! Let
everyone know about this very
Big Scam!!!
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by leggo: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2013
off topic

dude one week you're a man the next you're a woman.. your life is warped
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by yemi2plus(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2013
leggo: off topic

dude one week you're a man the next you're a woman.. your life is warped
you're derailing
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Gboliwe: 2:20am On Nov 20, 2013
FBN and GTBank do not send notification alerts through any number, so i'm covered cool. BTW, how is this a CBN fraud alert?
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Mynd44: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2013
Gboliwe: FBN and GTBank do not send notification alerts through any number, so i'm covered cool. BTW, how is this a CBN fraud alert?
FBN sends alert through phone numbers and so does GTbank perhaps you did not apply for that service

now anyone who falls for this trick is a monkey seeing as no bank will ask you to confirm your account details via phone because they already have it on their system. If your bank needs any validation of your account, they prefer to do it in person
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Gboliwe: 6:26am On Nov 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
FBN sends alert through phone numbers and so does GTbank perhaps you did not apply for that service

now anyone who falls for this trick is a monkey seeing as no bank will ask you to confirm your account details via phone because they already have it on their system. If your bank needs any validation of your account, they prefer to do it in person
What are you saying? That the banks use phone numbers to send me alerts to my phone? That is not true.
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Mynd44: 6:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Gboliwe:
What are you saying? That the banks use phone numbers to send me alerts to my phone? That is not true.
You must have missed it. The OP does not mean the fraud sends with phone numbers.....for example FBN sends with FIRSTBANK, they will also send with FIRSTbank
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Gboliwe: 6:42am On Nov 20, 2013
yemi2plus: CENTRAL BANK FRAUD ALERT:
You will receive a SMS from a number
similar to the one that you get bank notifications from. The SMS will indicate a problem on your
account a 'consultant' will contact you. When the 'consultant'
contacts you he/she will start confirming all your details, your
account number & then they will ask you what kind of a phone you are using. The fraudsters will then
contact your cell phone provider &
perform a SIM Swap. The fraudster will then be able to
receive OTP's (One Time Pins)
and/or RVN' (Random Verification Numbers from your bank & have access to your bank accounts. By
the time you realize that your cell number is not working your
money will be out of your account. Please broadcast! Let
everyone know about this very
Big Scam!!!
interprete the bold
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Mynd44: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Gboliwe:
interprete the bold
It is not a number. No banks sends messages with numbers. The ID will look similar to that the bank uses
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Gboliwe: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is not a number. No banks sends messages with numbers. The ID will look similar to that the bank uses
are you the same as the OP? It was based on that line I made my comment.
Have a pleasant fraud free day
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by FoxyFlow(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Gboliwe:
are you the same as the OP? It was based on that line I made my comment.
Have a pleasant fraud free day

You dey mynd Mynd? Him was trying to criticize the OP's use of grammar but since you don spoil show, shikenan angry angry
Re: Central Bank Fraud Alert by Madawaki01(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
@op,how did u knw this?

(1) (Reply)

A New Icon Called Boards on Nairaland? / Checking Email On Nairaland / The Average Nigerian's Mentality- The I.t.ks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.