Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Asup Strike Update - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Asup Strike Update (6934 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU / ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
NOUN!!!!!!!!!! OF ALL SCHOOL, I WILL RATHER REMAIN AT HOME TO ACCEPTING SUCH A SCHOOL WITH A LOW PEDIGREE
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
I saw the guy's post immediately he made it but I decides not to reply because I've promised myself not to abuse anyone online again, leave him, each person to his own.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2013
salaksmana: I saw the guy's post immediately he made it but I decides not to reply because I've promised myself not to abuse anyone online again, leave him, each person to his own.
This thread can't even be found anywhere again.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2013
salaksmana: I saw the guy's post immediately he made it but I decides not to reply because I've promised myself not to abuse anyone online again, leave him, each person to his own.
This thread can't even be found anywhere again.[b][/b]
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2013
What the hell is going on here (NAIRALAND)? An updated thread isn't relevant on a section 1st page but those of 2012 are visibl there.SMH
Re: Asup Strike Update by oluwatunmishe(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I sincerely appr8 u guys effort 2wards 'UknowWHAT'may God bless our hustle,I heard d ASUU brodaz strike is likely gonna be called off dis 2day i tink our best prays rite nao is GOD suld jus speak 2 d fools called ASUP 2 jus swallow dia foolish n resuming simutaneously wit dia broda(@ least dt wuld make dia strike seem as well lyk a solidarity stike for ASUU)cos unlike ASUU strike is not a potent means of negotiation 4 asup. BTW am aspiring NASpoly or FEDpoffa (hopeful naspoly though LOL).
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
oluwatunmishe: [/color]I sincerely appr8 u guys effort 2wards 'UknowWHAT'may God bless our hustle,I heard d ASUU brodaz strike is likely gonna be called off dis 2day i tink our best prays rite nao is GOD suld jus speak 2 d fools called ASUP 2 jus swallow dia foolish n resuming simutaneously wit dia broda(@ least dt wuld make dia strike seem as well lyk a solidarity stike for ASUU)cos unlike ASUU strike is not a potent means of negotiation 4 asup. BTW am aspiring NASpoly or FEDpoffa (hopeful naspoly though LOL).
oluwatunmishe: [color=#990000]I sincerely appr8 u guys effort 2wards 'UknowWHAT'may God bless our hustle,I heard d ASUU brodaz strike is likely gonna be called off dis 2day i tink our best prays rite nao is GOD suld jus speak 2 d fools called ASUP 2 jus swallow dia foolish n resuming simutaneously wit dia broda(@ least dt wuld make dia strike seem as well lyk a solidarity stike for ASUU)cos unlike ASUU strike is not a potent means of negotiation 4 asup. BTW am aspiring NASpoly or FEDpoffa (hopeful naspoly though LOL).
Welcome 2 dis thread bro.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good evening, God will answer us very soon.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
Good evening here, any news?
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
salaksmana: Good evening here, any news?
no news o. But let see what the trend of event has for us next week.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Bunker(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
LARRYDKING: I've always wanted to create a thread like this but thank God someone did. The problem is that in 5hrs time, u won't find this thread here again, u may find it on the second page or sort of. That makes me sick nd tired of writing abt asup. I've wrote on ASUP i think twice or so but nairalanders just read and leave no comment, that really is not helping matters.

Asup is the worst union in the universe, they know 4sure that they are so irrelevant and can't be easily noticed but they keep wasting our precious time. What kind of union will have most of it people working while few will struggle 4 what many will benefit frm?

Honestly, the silence is killing me faster than you can imagine. No news coming frm any angle, the union leaders are not media friendly, the medias are not concern abt them, the masses don't even knw what asup is, it is embarrassing.

I heard the bastards were to meet last wk friday nd since then, i've not heard any news again, i hope they know what they are doing.
hehehehe!! Asup greedy they should allow FG to complete with ASUU
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
Some ASUP demands.
1. The constitution of governing councils for the polytechnics.
2. Non-release of white paper on the visitation panels to federal polytechnics.
3. Commencement of NEEDS assessment of the polytechnic.
4. Continuous appointment of unqualified persons as rectors and provost by some state government.
5. Failure of government to implement the approved salary package(CONPCASS).
6. 65-year retirement age for the members.
7. The worrisome state of State owned polytechnics.
8. The continued recognition of the National Board of Technical Education ( NBTE) as the regulatory body of the Nigerian polytechnics as against the unions repeated call for the establishment of National Polytechnic Commission(NPC).
9. The non commencement of the re-negotiation of the FGN/ASUP agreement as contained in the signed agreement.
10. The snail speed on works on the amendment of the federal polytechnic Act/scheme of service.
11. Migration of the lower cadre to CONTISS salary scale.
Re: Asup Strike Update by shegzy4luv(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
muchemuchemuchemuchemuchemuchemuchemuhchemuchemiuheeeeeeeeeee,tank God i don comment.dis thread will soon hit FP
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL PRO,NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS(NAPS)
The National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) herby gives the Supervising Minister of Education,Barrister Wike 14 days ultimatum starting from today,23rd of November,2013 †̥o settle the lingering crisis between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of
Polytechnics(ASUP) or be ready for a mass protest by the Association which will shut down all Administrative activities in the Ministry.

Aluta Continua Victoria Ascerta.

Signed: Yakubu Temitope Tajudeen,
SSA Media and Publicity to NAPS PRO
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
The Present Leadership of National Association of Polytechnic Students is doing a lot to make sure Students return back to class,we have met with ASUP and FG.We have published so many articles in the National Dailies(THE NATION NEWSPAPER AND NATIONAL MIRROR NEWSPAPER,thursday,14th November,2013,also THE NATION NEWSPAPER of thursday,21st November,2013).Also our Ultimatum will soon be published this week.Though we have sent a letter to the Minister to be ready.I also wish to tell all Nigerian Students to be calm,NAPS is here to represent you,as we promised,if nothing is done within 14days(remaining 12days),we are ready to shut down all Administrative Activities in Ministry of Education.Also ASUP had assured us that they will convene their NEC meeting either this week or next week as they would have done that last week(Nov,19th and 20th) but its no more possible due to their Council of National Officer(CNO) Meeting which they held last week.NAPS hereby appeal to all student to remain calm as effort are seriously ongoing to ensure over immediate return to classrooms.

Aluta Continua
Victoria Ascerta.

Signed: Yakubu Temitope Tajudeen,SSA Media and Publicity to NAPS PRO.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hmmmmn, that should be December 7th, so NEC will meet before then and call off the strike, but if they didn't, protest things. We are waiting, thanks @Larrydking
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hope this is not the usual ultimatum that elapse with nothing being done? I'm a bit optimistic about this trend because various bodies and organisation has adopt this style but to no avail. Pray fervently for the urgent resolution of this crisis.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
Abuklaw: Hope this is not the usual ultimatum that elapse with nothing being done? I'm a bit optimistic about this trend because various bodies and organisation has adopt this style but to no avail. Pray fervently for the urgent resolution of this crisis.
God bless you, when the ultimatum expires they'll now give another one or nothing will be done, let's wait and see this time. In the mean time I want to commend the NAPS executives, well done.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
Admittedly though, there are university graduates who are better than polytechnic graduates, yet, there are also polytechnic graduates who are far better than university graduates. Agreeably, then, polytechnic students are by no means academically or mentally inferior to their university counterparts. What then is the justification for the marginalization and disdainful treatment on polytechnic graduates and under-graduates? Culled from Nkwo Nelson: ASUP strike – the sheer neglect of Polytechnic education
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2013
everything don tire me
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
salaksmana: Admittedly though, there are university graduates who are better than polytechnic graduates, yet, there are also polytechnic graduates who are far better than university graduates. Agreeably, then, polytechnic students are by no means academically or mentally inferior to their university counterparts. What then is the justification for the marginalization and disdainful treatment on polytechnic graduates and under-graduates? Culled from Nkwo Nelson: ASUP strike – the sheer neglect of Polytechnic education
i love this piece. Even the fluency that the writer exhibited in the write-up shows that polytechnic Education is something to reckon with. I have not found till today an article writiten on the ongoing ASUU strike by the so-called university brilliants, who were inundated by their delusion of grandeur. PROUDLY FEDPOLEDITE.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Abuklaw: i love this piece. Even the fluency that the writer exhibited in the write-up shows that polytechnic Education is something to reckon with. I have not found till today an article writiten on the ongoing ASUU strike by the so-called university brilliants, who were inundated by their delusion of grandeur. PROUDLY FEDPOLEDITE.
U've not gotten the point. U see, a good number of the university students were not offered amission on merit nd that's why most of us fine ourselves in the polytechnic. If u see any criticizing a polytechnic or it product(poly graduates), critically examine such person, u'll knw he/she did'nt get his/her admission on merit. I knw what i went 2ru during the days i stuggled for admission in to a vasity, those whose composite was far more lower than mine gained admission(in the first list for that matter) dashing my hope nd making me believe that there is no merit list in Nigeria vasities including polys. I dont really blame them 4 not writing articles lyk the young man did, it's what Nigeria wants.

So many may even be willing to write but the students are not encouraging... Imagine this thread going into it 3rd page with few number of people leaving their comment, yet, they visit the thread day by day. It's not encouraging at all.

irep FED POLY, ILARO
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well, I wouldn't want to blame varsity students for there feeling of grandeur over poly students, just as I have pointed out in one of my posts above, it's a thing of the MIND, let's just graduate and meet at the labour market/field.
Re: Asup Strike Update by kaysy(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
I really appreciate the work going on here, since the media don't even care to report a case/news about ASUP, wouldn't it be nice if the Nigerian Polytechnic students especially the NAPS can set up a blog/website and make at least an SUG member from each poly an admin of the blog so that posts can come from different parts of the country, and then also utilize their Mass Comm students to help them get info if need be... We the Poly students have to rise up against this stuff called discrimination... Though i just graduated from Yabatech but am still very much interested in this fight cos its a fight we must win. ASUP or not, all Poly should be upgraded to degree awarding institutions, they may even retain the OND and scrap HND such that after one's ND they will be coming back for B.Tech (through JAMB Direct Entry) thereby still retaining the acclaimed middle manpower whatever they are considering cos not everybody that finishes from ND always wishes to go further.... if i was a NAPS Exco... really something would have happened but who am i.................. This is the way to go and i know its gonna cost the FG alot of money but its better to do the right thing once and for all
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^^ Well done bro, that's a nice idea, is there anyone that can help us get this message across to NAPS, if nobody care to show us, we need to show ourselves.
Re: Asup Strike Update by kaysy(m): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
LARRYDKING: PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NATIONAL PRO,NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS(NAPS)
The National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) herby gives the Supervising Minister of Education,Barrister Wike 14 days ultimatum starting from today,23rd of November,2013 †̥o settle the lingering crisis between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of
Polytechnics(ASUP) or be ready for a mass protest by the Association which will shut down all Administrative activities in the Ministry.

Aluta Continua Victoria Ascerta.

Signed: Yakubu Temitope Tajudeen,
SSA Media and Publicity to NAPS PRO

Does NAPS have a website?.. how can we battle this thing, is it by just saying Aluta continua... plz we need to set up an online community for all to relate well and make decisions.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
kaysy:

Does NAPS have a website?.. how can we battle this thing, is it by just saying Aluta continua... plz we need to set up an online community for all to relate well and make decisions.
Exactly, we need to help ourselves at this junction we find ourselves.
Re: Asup Strike Update by shegzy4luv(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
I heard dat Fedpolyado has pulled out of d strike,can anyone confirm dis?
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
shegzy4luv: I heard dat Fedpolyado has pulled out of d strike,can anyone confirm dis?
Sure, Fed. Poly, Ilaro opted out some hrs ago too... Getting interesting.

I rep Ilaro
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
LARRYDKING:

I rep Ilaro
haaaaa! Then what the hell is going on in fedepe? Salaksmana, what is happening now!!
Re: Asup Strike Update by magarito: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
thank u ilaro... We are back to skul at last...sonto junior, i pray and hope others poly wil jus opt out from dis so dat u all can as well go back to skul and continue the reading...i luv u all...i rep fedpoly ilaro... Oloyo to sure... Mind u Ajodun odunkan Faaji fm... Aajo wa nbe ni
Re: Asup Strike Update by shegzy4luv(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2013
good for u guys
LARRYDKING:

I rep Ilaro
Abuklaw: haaaaa! Then what the hell is going on in fedepe? Salaksmana, what is happening now!!
do u need the phone number of Bldr. Patrick Hussein?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth About Introverts That Most People Fail To See / Ambrose Alli University Cut Off Mark Misconception. / Funny New English Words And Their Meaning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.