Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks (1579 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by mycvclinic: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2013
You'd think online transactions are meant to make things easier! angry

I attempted booking a flight online (Lagos to Benin) on the 1st of October with a notice on the screen that the confirmation & ticket will be sent to my email. The email confirmation never came through.

I went to Arik office and was informed that the booking did not go through because of their system failure....but money was deducted from my account.

As advised, I filled a form requesting a refund and I was told it will take 5 working days. It's now over 7 weeks and still no refund. Any time I call Arik, they tell me that it is being worked on. I called few minutes ago and was told their 'mails are down'.

Does anyone know how I can get my money back? N12,707 may not be the hugest amount of money but it's still my money cry.

(see pictures of debit alert I received and bank statement below)

Re: Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2013
It'll take time but they'll surely refund you! Or you call or visit the office again and ask the money be used for another itinerary.

Be patient.
Re: Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by specialguest(f): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2013
I have always said that Nigeria is not ripe for e-transactions. Just imagine someone paid for a flight ticket over 2 weeks ago, didn't get to use the ticket to travel which means he had to find an alternative means to travel even if that 12k was the last kobo in his account and still the airline is dancing tinini tananaa with his refund! Gosh i feel your pains really. From personal experience let me advise you phone calls do not work because those customer care agents that pick up the phone usually care less about your case. So its best you go to the office and request to see the manager, explain this issue to him and if need be scream. Trust me they will do something about your refund.

The last time i had a similar experience with aero the manager tried telling me crap about terms of carriage on my ticket but i didn't agree o, they had to refund my money because i told them i also have personal terms and conditions before money can be removed from my account which includes i must get the service i pay for else i would sue them.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by eldega: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
going 2 ur bank shud av bin d best option instead of arik office. Since its online payment, go to your bank and explain to them . They can view your statement and seek 4 a refund from you from arik account
Re: Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by mycvclinic: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Thanks @el-dega and @specialguest. I'll take your advise and go to my bank and Arik office.
Re: Arik Air Charged Me For A Failed Booking AND Still No Refund After 7 Weeks by bigfoot79(m): 12:26am On Dec 23, 2013
have they now refundwd you?
if not , them pm me so we can sue them and get them taught a lesson

(1) (Reply)

Us Embassy Englist Test Format / 5 Survival Tips For Long Flights / Covid-19: Italy Still On Lock Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.