Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 (36485 Views)

UPGRADING: 2007 Camry To 2010 / Top 10 Most Expensive Suvs On The Market In 2014 / 2008 Toyota Camry, leather, alloys. camry to bad, i can't shout. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Les: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
felzylix:
SMH! Blame it on ASUU
if not, I wouldn't have an idio.t quoting me...
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by omodapson(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
The OP is only appealing to the emotion of people. There is no way a Toyota Camry will cost 20m in 2014. Even at the moment, a Toyota camry does not cost 9million naira shocked. Haba!

Why mislead people because you want them to reason along with you? Agreed, there will be increase but not as you are making it to be. So correct your post and I see this as one of those copy and paste items from fb. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Cotonou to the rescue
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by nopsman1: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
@sop.. the policy is ill advised and Nigerians are not ready for such draconian policy......Our business climate is not conducive yet for Car manufacturers to set up shop here .... we don't even have a local car manufacturer, wait I know, forget innoson.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by IAMBREEZY: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
That's a lot of cash for one ride damn it's too pricey then how much would bentley cost then goddamit,let me start ordering cars pronto before it will be too late.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by aemmey: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
to be candid, the FG thinking is one sided,
do u notice that we can only assemble car,we don't have the resources that will can use to manufacture car.the best option is for Nige ria to follow d Ricardian theory of international trade or hecksher ohlin theory.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
sopoundz: Nice move. Its high tym diz manufacturers cme into 9ja n build or assemble d cars here....

Peugeot is already manufacturing in Nigeria, we cant afford 2M for 406 !!!! That i can get tokunbo for 800k

Its a a decision that will be revoke by d next person bcs we cant just accept riding bikes like vietnam n india , we r in nigeria bro,

If hiace bus will be 6M then lagos PH trip will be 20k bcs d bus need to be changed every 5 yrs max

They r taking out our priviliges 1by 1, like fkn a virgin u put it small small till it get in wtf bro....
Wtf u r talking. About

Golf 3 will be 1 M , small taxi will be 1M , transport will increase n all this for what ? Bcs new cars dealers get pepper

Think about poor ppl bro

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by ChigbunduE(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Its a welcomed idea as that will make Nigeria to be assembling/producing cars just like we do in motorcycles. On a long run this policy will force some major automobile manufacturers to setup assembling plants in Nigeria, and as such create jobs in Nigeria...
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by ronski: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
I think he wants us to start patronising the made in Nigeria
Cars like the Innosen...but then again is that the best way to
Go about it
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Elueme: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
God please let me clear my Car b4 dis policy is implemented. Good economic policy though, because without local content patronage our economy may never liberate. The government should be very proactive in ensuring the quick establishment of some of these automobile companies in Nigeria, because narrowing the choices of our people to just innoson is monstrous and dictatorial.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by enm(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Walahi this policy na confirm policy that is if it is well implemented.

We have individuals and organisations with the financial power back with political connection to assemble or manufacture cars in nigeria but the greed for quick return on investment and lack of foresight won't let them to toy this path, they would rather be buying up houses all over the world, buying luxury cars to fill their garage to the brim, spending money lavishly and senselessly, vying for contract and playing political godfather.

We are all shouting of japan china india indonesia malaysia brazil south korea taiwan hong kong and other developed and fast developing country, using them as yardstick to measure how backward we are but have we ever try to find out about their journey from their past to the present, what they went through.

It time we start having faith in ourself and in the nation. It time we start taking a step of faith forward, taking advantage of government policy and exploiting them to our advantage. It time to put on our thinking cap and stop waiting for the government to create job for us. This is not a communist state but capitalist state, believe me no matter how we tried no government would be able to provide job for all what they can do for all is to create policy that will make the environment conducive for opening and running of business venture.

So stop complaining about the new auto policy and find out how you can identify and take advantage of business opportunities it offer. You don't have to be involve in all, pick out a segment and work on it. A lot opportunity for you to start on a small and medium scale level.

While you are at that, take a look at my signature for a wonderful opportunity you can afford to miss.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Just think about poor ppl

Who can walk to his work or drive machine in heavy rain ?

How ppl will carry their kids to school n wives to doctor ?

We r going back 100 year, 1 of d few privileges we hav is cheap cars

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by hardbody: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
BizBooks:

The ban affects both new and used cars. Customs refer to them as "Fully Built Units"
or FBUs. The only way to avoid the tariff is by shipping your car in parts which is
not feasible.

It is very possible. I will start by buying tyres, then the front compartments and the booth and bumper thereafter i send for th engine, take all to Ladipo and they will couple it for me. I trust my igbo brothers. The assembled car might even be cheaper than than the current ones priced at N9m. Where there is a will, there will always be a way

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Wake up guys , manufecturing in nigeria is costly

Very expensive power bill, diesel etc...
U have to pay PR from morning till evnn

How many car manufacturers we will have 5? 6?

Thats only few rich ppl will get richer n cars will be very expensive
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by PapaBrowne(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
That Innoson vehicles guy don hit!
His cars would sell like hot cake !
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by femmy2010(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
vislabraye: 20million? Their cars will rot. Let's see how Toyota will make any sale.

The peeps buying the N9m worth car aren't peasant,they would certainly still be able to buy for N20m.Remember it is just a piece of the billions they loot.
New/Toks imports would suddenly become a "class thing".
God help Nigeria.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by sopoundz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
caseless: and even if they come here to build d cars, how many people can afford a brand new car? Or ar u talking about d employment it wl generate?
employment
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by McGibson(m): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
To be sincere with everyone here, i think GEJ is so wise, i've travel to most western countries and its helping, if the companies come down to sale there new cars here like in other country, it creates employment and wen u re a govt staff, u can buy and pay gradually. its a nice development
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
I [i][/i]beleive the first victim of this will be Igbo ppl who sell spare parts n import vehicles

If i buy new car from dealer like Kia or hyundai i will buy spare parts from d. Dealer , i will not go again to Apo.or Ladipo or wherever those igbos sell parts
Thousands of them will be jobless
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by femmy2010(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
AMADU77: Wake up guys , manufecturing in nigeria is costly

Very expensive power bill, diesel etc...
U have to pay PR from morning till evnn

How many car manufacturers we will have 5? 6?

Thats only few rich ppl will get richer n cars will be very expensive

Tell them my bruva.
Tyre manufacturers had to relocate to Ghana when they couldn't cope with the unfavorable biz environment in Nigeria.
Our government need say a 5-10years plan to put its house in order before implementing such anti populace policy of an hyper hiked import duty.
I hope our leaders faces the reality on ground and not just make policies for an imaginary entity.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
sopoundz: Nice move. Its high tym diz manufacturers cme into 9ja n build or assemble d cars here....
U say
Produce car in 9ja with Power Generators, no stabe light?
Hehehe...... U nid 2 reconsider sum factors b4 u make sum dillusional posts.

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
N how much western manufacturers have confidence in our economy n security ?

How long we need to start building cars n what quality r we expecting from cars made to be cheap in our harsh road situtaion ?

Chinese keke tricycle assembly in Jigawa ? Is this what i will drive my kids to school ?

Keke made in nigeria costs abt 400k !! Thats a very clean golf3 price !!
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by PapaBrowne(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
AMADU77: I [i][/i]beleive the first victim of this will be Igbo ppl who sell spare parts n import vehicles

If i buy new car from dealer like Kia or hyundai i will buy spare parts from d. Dealer , i will not go again to Apo.or Ladipo or wherever those igbos sell parts
Thousands of them will be jobless

Well the same Igbos would start manufacturing spare parts. They already do so in nnewi.
The biggest beneficiary would actually be Innoson at least for now as his cars would suddenly become ridiculously affordable.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Ignatio(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Innoson to the rescue.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Btruth: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Fear not guys, the boarder is very close to me here, I will keep you guys posted on the prices of Tokunbo brands coming in.

Just keep your cash/naira handy, OK?

........of-course now, big boys, even small boys go still ride cars......lol. Let Jonathan & Ewenla dey play around with fire in Abuja. Silly people in government. Yet, they cannot answer for the missing $5b from the crude oil excess.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
What about nigerian youth students in UK n USA ?
Many pf them try to send tokumbo cars as a side job to make some extra income , now they have to wash cars n dishes bcs exporting to nigeria is no more !!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Briefly....

No matter what decision was made...

God bless our country ...

Car will still flow from d borders n there's always some ppl to make papers backdated to 2013

Its just dat u hv to add dpepper small

We always sabi finding solution

No be so ??
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by biltem: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
Inflationary induced policy!
we are waiting.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by AMADU77: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Well the same Igbos would start manufacturing spare parts. They already do so in nnewi.
The biggest beneficiary would actually be Innoson at least for now as his cars would suddenly become ridiculously affordable.

Bro... Pls can u get a chinedu or chima or Chukwuma to manufecture gear box? Brian box ? Electronic nozzle ?

Do u call my friends in onitcha who have a turning machine n somes vices n charcoal a manufacturer?

Bro, please take it easy on ur country
We cant just copy western blindly

Its too early for such move

I wish d government. Started with textile, plam-oil, batteries, or any product that we can't suffer like expensive cars

Pls my bro, i donno what car u drive now, but if u dont have a car u can go now get very clean car that travel for 500k, remember next year what can u buy with500k

I only wish d best for.ppl
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by ocelot2006(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hyndai, here I come.
Re: Toyota Camry To Cost N20 Million In 2014 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
Funny part is...the people in government will continue to get duty waivers when they are importing their expensive cars. Truth is...it wont affect prices of cars that much in nigeria. The only thing it will change is the bank accounts of car smugglers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. / **'99 VW Golf 3 Station Wagon** For Sale: / Man Caught Trying To Buy A New Car With Fake Transfer In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.