Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday (1132 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by eddyvilla: 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
The Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Dr Lawan Abubakar has debunked media reports that the union had postponed its National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting slated for tomorrow.
He restated that the leadership of the Union postponed the scheduled NEC meeting at Bayero University, Kano, following the demise of Festus Iyayi, a former President, who died last Tuesday in a motor accident along the Abuja-Lokoja highway.
A car in the convoy of Kogi State Governor, Idris Wada, had hit the vehicle conveying the deceased and some ASUU members, leading to Iyayi’s death. Others injured are presently receiving treatment.
Abubakar who spoke in Bauchi further denied that the striking lecturers had accepted the over N1trillion offered by the Federal Government.
“There is no iota of truth in that. What the union is agitating for is the full implementation of the 2009 agreement and nothing less,” he said.
The Union has been on strike since July 1 over the 2009 agreement it reached with the Federal Government.
Its leadership has said it will deliberate on the current Federal Government’s offer and take a position after Friday’s NEC meeting

Source: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=132887
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by olalekan1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
ASUU abeg na, no let nysc 2014 batch A pass me by.
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by uzeba(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
ASUU news never tire ena?
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by zube01(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
tales by moonlight!
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by frankpessu(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
God plz make none of dis ASUU pple die b4 friday ooo........ God I beg....... I don stay huse reach
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by Ruthia(f): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mtcheew! I tire 4 dis ASUU stuff
Re: ASUU To Meet Tomorrow Friday by taiwolawal13: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
Rumors. Abeg sharrrap

(1) (Reply)

Students Whose Universities R 2 Resume 2mao: Are U Guyz Resuming Tomorrow? / Masters Program / UNILORIN Resumption Date For 14/15 Session Announced!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.