Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs (43287 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by soulfood(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
There are some songs that have become major hits but I couldn't understand or comprehend how people got around enjoying them. Topping my list is Stereoman's Ekwe Sample. O Boy(whistles), music lovers grooved that jam and I wondered why? The beat and song were fighting each other. Next is Dr Sid's Something About you. Heavy paid rotation got me enjoying it eventually. And lastly and most recently is Skelewu by Davido. Maybe I would okay the beat. Beat aint bad at all but what is "Laga dis,Laga dat". Have you ever had songs you heard the first time and you trashed it only for the same song to become a major hit? Please share.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by jiggaz(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Caro by Wizkid, Nwa Baby by Flavour, Give it to me by DPrince, Take Bananna by D prince, Limpopo by Kcee. List is endless. Mind u, they are all hardworking artistes oo. I am not hating on their hustle.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by luvablesam(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Danfo drivers by mad melon n co....can't understand How this song ever made it to limelight.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by AtlanticBreeze: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Virtually all the hit songs

35 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by ubcandid(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sample ekwe was a wonderful song IMO.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Mynd44: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
All Terry G tracks

92 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Skelewu davido
Free madness terry G
Alingo psquare
Fi mi le Kas
These are just to name a few,almost all lyrics of nigeria artist these days are absolutely whack but you literally wouldn't know because of the dancable beat to the song.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by lilmax(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Rayvene(f): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Virtually all Naija 'hit' songs.
But I'm just gonna name a few that really baffle me with their utter lack of meaning sad

Davido - Skelewu undecided

All Terry G songs sad

All Timaya's songs(especially Ukwu grin)

Kcee - Pullover(Seriously,I still can't believe he ACTUALLY went into a studio and recorded that shiit)

D'Banj - Scapegoat.And as if the main song wasn't bad enough,he had to go ahead and disgrace Naija,doing the remix with Kanye and all that embarassed

Oh,and let's not forget Stupiid Love and Durosoke by that noisemaking Lil-Wayne wannabe undecided

Ok those are the worst of the lot to me cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by vizkiz: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
D only sonq i find annoyinq z ''i'm lookinq 4 caro...where r u caro show me caro'' wtf z carro?

There's dis oda Shi* grin eyin oyinbo...ewa fun mi ni visa OMG ah no fit lauqh oh! angry nt funnie

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by oluamid(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2013
I remember the first time I heard Ifana Ibaga by 2face back in the early 2000s and I was like 'what kinda trash is this?'. Fast-forward 6 months later and it was a heavy hit. Same thing happened when I first heard Olamide's Eni Duro, I was like 'where's this Naija Lil Wayne from'? Look at where that song has put him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by crazygod(m): 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
That's jst the weird part of naija's music industry. Get any song and give it a massive promo and whala.... U're a superstar. Ask sean tizzle

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Eminado! I mean what shiiiit is that?

45 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
Bracket - yori yori
like seriously, the lyrics is so damn poor. Sounds like a love song composed by a primary skool kid.

38 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by taiocol: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
nairaland nr contain ma list.... Almost all 9ja musician get poor lyrics... Expect few rappers wen make small sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by yomalex(m): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Limpopo.

I was like what is this guy saying the first time I heard it.

Lim po po as in Lim po po.

is it not supposed to be the name of a river ?

If you hear something over and over again, you become de-sensitised to it.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2013
P-square - Personally (monopolious jam) so wack.
D'prince - Take banana....f*cking lyric.
Kcee ft flavour - give it to me.....
9ija lyrics are so annoying*...Wished every Artiste in 9ija could be like ice-prince

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Blueboy146(m): 6:52am On Nov 23, 2013
ASUU update please... #walking briskly......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2013
All of whizkid's songs except "Holla at ur boy" and " i love my baby". All of Olamide's songs, all oe Kswitch's songs. Dprince's "take bananna". Zulezoo's "kerewa". Flavour's "nwa baby". Too many to mention.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by oyedun82(m): 6:54am On Nov 23, 2013
almost all the 9ja hip hop artiste. Only few of them sit down to compose a meaningful lyrics.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by TRILLIONIAR: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2013
kako bi chicken

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Jayses(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2013
the truth is dat those guys are only conforming to
our desire u rarely see a naija youth admiring
artist like Asa,Dare @ wht dey want is Alcohol
music I rest my case

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
oluamid: I remember the first time I heard Ifana Ibaga by 2face back in the early 2000s and I was like 'what kinda trash is this?'. Fast-forward 6 months later and it was a heavy hit. Same thing happened when I first heard Olamide's Eni Duro, I was like 'where's this Naija Lil Wayne from'? Look at where that song has put him.

Bro, eniduro for me was love at first sight.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by nonysmith(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Pls has anyone had Terry G slow song...*as in bluess......dat song is crap....was so funny seeing terry g sing blues with a bell sef....

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
[size=30pt]All 9ja songs are useless&Meaningles.

Only 2baba&banky sing nice song.

What is Skelewu[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by johnstar(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Dami duro, davidooo undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by lonelydora: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Terry G- Run Mad. although i like the beat, i can't understand why it's a hit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by crisycent: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2013
All major 9ja songs are a flop.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by nitrogen(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Gongo aso-9ice

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Where Is Funmi Adams? / Tony Allen Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.