Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs (43330 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Deiok(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2013
They are just too much..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by johnstar(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2013
LONGFELLOW02: [size=30pt]All 9ja songs are useless&Meaningles.

Only 2baba&banky sing nice song.

What is Skelewu[/size]
skelewu is a dance wn u tel someone waka, shege undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by RAPMAN02(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2013
SKELEWU
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Zeinymira(f): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2013
There was this song back then
Kas-fimile
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by NuelJ1(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2013
I used to think I was the only one who feels this way regarding must of the nigerian so called hit tracts. Glad to know others also notices them. Most of these songs get me disgusted. Virtually all of these artists today only sell beats cos in terms of lyrics, its all nonsense. You can't even take anything out of there songs. Let them learn from some of these western artist like taylor swift, katy perry, pink, and the like. When you listen to their songs, you feel the message, not all these trash we have here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by bimbor(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2013
soulfood: There are some songs that have become major hits but I couldn't understand or comprehend how people got around enjoying them. Topping my list is Stereoman's Ekwe Sample. O Boy(whistles), music lovers grooved that jam and I wondered why? The beat and song were fighting each other. Next is Dr Sid's Something About you. Heavy paid rotation got me enjoying it eventually. And lastly and most recently is Skelewu by Davido. Maybe I would okay the beat. Beat aint bad at all but what is "Laga dis,Laga dat". Have you ever had songs you heard the first time and you trashed it only for the same song to become a major hit? Please share.

@op mind u Davido didn't say "laga dis, laga dat" what he said in musical tone was "like dis, like dat" which sounded "lika dis, lika dat". Go listen again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Rayvene: Virtually all Naija 'hit' songs.
But I'm just gonna name a few that really baffle me with their utter lack of meaning sad

Davido - Skelewu undecided

All Terry G songs sad

All Timaya's songs(especially Ukwu grin)

Kcee - Pullover(Seriously,I still can't believe he ACTUALLY went into a studio and recorded that shiit)

D'Banj - Scapegoat.And as if the main song wasn't bad enough,he had to go ahead and disgrace Naija,doing the remix with Kanye and all that embarassed

Oh,and let's not forget Stupiid Love and Durosoke by that noisemaking Lil-Wayne wannabe undecided

Ok those are the worst of the lot to me cheesy
do you think timaya has only one album? You are just too lazy to think and most of the songs on your list are there because those the only nigerian songs you know.

As for me, I really can't discriminate because Nigeria's music industry presently has stiff competition and gaining wide acceptance doesn't come by luck rather it means you have done a good song.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by judedwriter(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2013
All I want is ur waist cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by RayCharles(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2013
9ja!!! It's all bout the. bills, not music! I can remember a time a 9ja musician wanted to change genre of music cause he said "Girls don't listen to my songs". I'll just get a crazy beat and b screaming rubbish, nxt thin ITS A HIT
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by tinatona25: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Alhaji undecided but ppl dey komole for that jam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Fogman(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Liking this thread
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2013
LONGFELLOW02: [size=30pt]All 9ja songs are useless&Meaningles.

Only 2baba&banky sing nice song.

What is Skelewu[/size]
stop hating bro ....u danced to this jam last Friday @ a club

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by 3treelong(m): 7:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Its the beat and rythm of the song nigerians want to listen to. Tell me wat is sangalo, nack u apako, ekolomadema, fimile By kas, gbon gbon by jawon, gobe by davido, kako bI chicken, kukere, durosoke the list is endless

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Evyivy(f): 7:07am On Nov 23, 2013
All you guys don't know about music and how its been done, have u guys manage to watch MTV award or grammy's, there is what they call song of the decade, if u listen to those lyrics u ll call them trash, u must not like the lyrics, that's why all songs re been classified, blues, regga, RnB, rapp n so on, trust me guys there is more to music than meet the eyes cheesy grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by prinzeepule(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2013
d so called naija hip hop artist doesnt tink f lyrics buh rhymes n beat...............god knows how dem dey hit,,,,,,most if nt all cant sing with life band..too bad which makes other genre better n constructive dan dem be it juju,fuji e.t.c........some tracks of 2baba,asa,darey make sense small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by MrMac10(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Nigerians are used to mediocrity so I am not amazed at your utterances

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by scobaba: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Davido Himself.

I don't know how that guy became a star with all his yeye songs. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by feelinboyya(m): 7:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Calabar lo nishan by XP
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by prinzeepule(m): 7:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Evyivy: All you guys don't know about music and how its been done, have u guys manage to watch MTV award or grammy's, there is what they call song of the decade, if u listen to those lyrics u ll call them trash, u must not like the lyrics, that's why all songs re been classified, blues, regga, RnB, rapp n so on, trust me guys there is more to music than meet the eyes cheesy grin tongue

na rubish u dey talk.....why cant yu give examples?
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by prinzeepule(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Evyivy: All you guys don't know about music and how its been done, have u guys manage to watch MTV award or grammy's, there is what they call song of the decade, if u listen to those lyrics u ll call them trash, u must not like the lyrics, that's why all songs re been classified, blues, regga, RnB, rapp n so on, trust me guys there is more to music than meet the eyes cheesy grin tongue

na rubish u dey talk.....why cant yu give examples?
dunno why all naija tracks must contain d word ""BABY or GIRL""
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Jayses(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Nuel J.:
I used to think I was the only one who feels this way regarding must of the nigerian so called hit tracts. Glad to know others also notices them. Most of these songs get me disgusted. Virtually all of these artists today only sell beats cos in terms of lyrics, its all nonsense. You can't even take anything out of there songs. Let them learn from some of these western artist like taylor swift, katy perry, pink, and the like. When you listen to their songs, you feel the message, not all these trash we have here
the truth is dat those guys are only conforming to our desire u rarely see a naija youth admiring artist like Asa,Dare @ wht dey want is Alcohol music I rest my case .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by GentleMimi: 7:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Jayses: African Queen- 2face
Jailer-Asa
Pon Pon Pon- Omo ogun
Kukere- yayayayayayay
Top of the world- D stem
Wataguan- Jtwice
Limpopo - KC n others
African Queen and Jailer on your list? U gotta be kidding me!

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by merrybet: 7:14am On Nov 23, 2013
nitrogen: Gongo aso-9ice
. I guess you arent a yoruba person. If you truly know the meaning of gongo aso, you wouldn't have included it on the list. No offense intended. smiley

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by GentleMimi: 7:14am On Nov 23, 2013
scobaba: Davido Himself.

I don't know how that guy became a star with all his yeye songs. angry
Omo baba olowo tins....but he's not too bad oooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by chid3x: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2013
Free madness by terry G.

The song even get remix reach part 3! angry
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by anitank(f): 7:21am On Nov 23, 2013
You guys are forgetting D'banj's "Don’t tell me nonsense" angry

He has another one now titled "finally"
Chorus be like "u will love me finally, u will need me finally, u will want me finally" angry angry

Bunch of crap! And to think he's under Kanye 's record label

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by GetGuide: 7:23am On Nov 23, 2013
you said it. Heavy paid rotation
the beat
can someone tell me wot limpopo is
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by franklyn009(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2013
how people remember zulezu-kerewa, then
all daddy showkey songs, I remember it use to b one of d biggest hits back in d days.
danfo drivers songs
terry g's songs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tony Allen Is Dead! / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos) / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.