Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,329 members, 7,833,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 (11787 Views)

Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert / If Aliens Where Proved To Exist How Would It Impact The Christian Faith ? / Is Comet ISON A UFO? Just Watch This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
well i dont know ifthis is the comet nostradamus talked abt wen he said ''when the comet shall run, the world will change''
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Alikaxon: Pls, the poster hadn't explained to us what a comet is? Who developed it? Whats the aim? Its effects?....etc. We are ignorant, I'am not a science student. Pls, I would like you to further elucidate this, so it doesn't seem inordinate to us. Please!
what do you use ur free mb to do, google it.

1 Like

Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by BARRISTERDAN(m): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
slap1: The last eclipse didn't happen in Aba. So no shaking.
O Boy it depends on where you are. If you were really in Aba on that sunday, you should see it. I saw it live and clear. Though it was shortlived as some rain clouds covered it. But it really happened. I live in Umuode villa near Tonimas by Enugu-PH Express way.
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by hammedkola(m): 12:58am On Nov 22, 2013
cool cool
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Ibadan babes have started asking their guys "Babe what are you getting me for Comet? grin grin
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by solacec4t(f): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Research has shown that Comet ISON is very close to Mercury,so its a bit far from earth. We just pray it doesnt get close to earth.
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by Mamid: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2013
Ignatio: This doesn't concern the earth.
It does think about an exploding sun... Terrible! Just saying
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
Time Of Elijah: Comet ISON expected to impact the sun around 28 November 2013, which could have catastrophic consequences of biblical proportions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5fcc6Twvo

Most of it will disperse before entering the Sun's Corona. The rest will be vaporised long before it reaches the photosphere. Anyway a tiny body whose core is only about a few tens of miles across will have zero effect on a body like the Sun of nearly (but not quite) a million miles across. Oh. And please don't be fooled by the comets tail. It may be millions of kilometers long and look very spectacular but is actually less dense than the best laboratory vacumn we can produce on Earth.

Depending on its position it may be spectacular to see though!
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by cacius: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mamid:
It does think about an exploding sun... Terrible! Just saying
Comet ISON presents no danger at all to life on Earth. Absolutely none. There is not even the most minute chance that it could collide with our planet (anyone who says otherwise is completely misinformed- note I have toned my language here down after some justified criticism). It will pass about 0.42 AU (63 million km) from Earth on 26 December 2013. I cannot believe anyone really thinks this is a near miss. Earth will pass close to the comet’s dust trail on 16 January 2014 and some have said we may just be lucky to observe a meteor shower that night.  However this is fantastically unlikely and almost certainly will not happen.
Re: Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 by DECOtech(m): 10:07am On Nov 24, 2013
solace-c4t:
Research has shown that Comet ISON is very close to Mercury,so its a bit far from earth. We just pray it doesn't get close to earth.
Its destination is the Sun and according to reports, its already close to Mercury. You should be saying " thank God it has passed Earth's orbit".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? / Man With A Gun At Scoan. / I’ve Learned- A Must Read Motivational And Life Lessons!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.