Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help (1020 Views)

Blue-collar Job In The UK Or White-collar Job In Nigeria? / Graduates in the UK / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by Emuejev: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hey Ya'll,

I moved to the UK about 5 years ago, for school. Biggest mistake of my life. My entire family is back in Nigeria and life has changed so much since 2008. I've grown up, working in a good company but I can't say I don' miss my family and friends as I have no support system here.

My mom passed away from cancer and now my father has been diagnosed with cancer and I haven't been there for him, which hurts more than I could ever put into words. Anyway, the only reason I am still in the UK is because of my dad. I do miss home, so much. I miss my family and I just miss feeling normal not an immigrant or someone here to steal benefits( which I don't claim or ever will) But I don't know if I should move back or not. Will I be any happier? Part of me wishes I never came out here, but the other part is happy I did because of the people i've met, the friends I've made... but I guess as I get older I want to be with my family more and more.

I still have dreams and aspirations of becoming "some body" and I guess that's the main reason I moved out here... but I don't want to miss my dad's life like I missed my mom... I'm insanely torn both ways.. please can anyone give me any advice? On moving back and job opportunities/ recruiters that can help.
I have 6 years financial services experience and finance academic background.

Appreciate all your comments/ feedback.
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by braine(m): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
With your qualifications you can get a good job here• But I can't just take out my mind the fact that both parents were diagnosed with cancer• Sad stuff• I think you should spend time with your dad• That's the most important• May God keep him longer for you•
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by Emuejev: 12:30am On Nov 24, 2013
braine: With your qualifications you can get a good job here• But I can't just take out my mind the fact that both parents were diagnosed with cancer• Sad stuff• I think you should spend time with your dad• That's the most important• May God keep him longer for you•

Thank you Braine
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by cman77(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2013
@emuejev.let me start 4rm d issue abt cancer,tins lyk dat happen,in some families everybody ignorantly die of cancer.it has spiritual undertone.ur mon died of cancer,ur dad nw is diagnosed of cancer,my broda pls help ursef nd ur dad,der is an evil pattern in your family,blieve it or not.Try to find ur way to 'mountain of fire and miracles ministries' so u can run tru der deliverance prayers.so dat u also nd ur wife,children,siblins,etc won't die of d disease.meanwhile take ur dad der. On d issue of movin bak to nigeria,u can do dat since dat will give u happiness.yes u can get a good job,but it mite nt come so soon,however,it will come,try nd make connections.hw abt startin ur own biz here in nigeria.nigeria is a country filled wif opportunities.wish u d very best.
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by kenclark2001(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
may god give you wisdom to decide well but remember you have your life to live. if you are smart and down to earth despite your qualifications you will make it better in Nigeria but the environment is not funny though you can actually create the environment you desire
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by DisGuy: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
cman77: @emuejev.let me start 4rm d issue abt cancer,tins lyk dat happen,in some families everybody ignorantly die of cancer.it has spiritual undertone.ur mon died of cancer,ur dad nw is diagnosed of cancer,my broda pls help ursef nd ur dad,der is an evil pattern in your family,blieve it or not .Try to find ur way to 'mountain of fire and miracles ministries' so u can run tru der deliverance prayers.so dat u also nd ur wife,children,siblins,etc won't die of d disease.meanwhile take ur dad der. On d issue of movin bak to nigeria,u can do dat since dat will give u happiness.yes u can get a good job,but it mite nt come so soon,however,it will come,try nd make connections.hw abt startin ur own biz here in nigeria.nigeria is a country filled wif opportunities.wish u d very best.

Wish you luck dude MFM
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by Emuejev: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
kenclark2001: may god give you wisdom to decide well but remember you have your life to live. if you are smart and down to earth despite your qualifications you will make it better in Nigeria but the environment is not funny though you can actually create the environment you desire

Thank you KenClark.
I am looking for recruiters online now.
fingers crossed
Re: I Want To Move Back From The UK - Please Help by Emuejev: 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
cman77: @emuejev.let me start 4rm d issue abt cancer,tins lyk dat happen,in some families everybody ignorantly die of cancer.it has spiritual undertone.ur mon died of cancer,ur dad nw is diagnosed of cancer,my broda pls help ursef nd ur dad,der is an evil pattern in your family,blieve it or not.Try to find ur way to 'mountain of fire and miracles ministries' so u can run tru der deliverance prayers.so dat u also nd ur wife,children,siblins,etc won't die of d disease.meanwhile take ur dad der. On d issue of movin bak to nigeria,u can do dat since dat will give u happiness.yes u can get a good job,but it mite nt come so soon,however,it will come,try nd make connections.hw abt startin ur own biz here in nigeria.nigeria is a country filled wif opportunities.wish u d very best.

Hmm. I don't believe so.
Death is guaranteed...and looking for miracles is what got us this point.
Rather than going to the doctors early - my folks opted for MFM and the likes.
There is no evil pattern in my family. I reject that.

Thanks for your advice on starting a business. I have to look for paid employment though before I can start any business.

(1) (Reply)

How To Calculate Interest On Overdraft / 13 Surprising Ways Your Name Affects Your Success. / Help!,I am depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.