Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 (2038 Views)

Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / Name Ur Best Seasonal Movie Of All Time / Best Movie Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2008
If You have not seen this movie Go and See it. Its an awesome film. After my friend Kiana Baby Shower this afternoon, Me and My friends went to see it. It was awesome.

R.I.P Heath Ledger

This is the best movie this year so far.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 12:52am On Jul 20, 2008
You will love it.

Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by motunrayo4(f): 4:24am On Jul 21, 2008
I cant wait to see it on (Free Movie) Tuesday!!!!
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 8:14am On Jul 21, 2008
you all will love it. Heath Ledger played the Joker. He did a perfect job. This is the best Batman film.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Gamine(f): 11:53am On Jul 21, 2008
Batman forever kiss kiss kiss

im gon to digg out my old batman teeshirts. he he he grin grin grin
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Sisikill: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2008
It was good but not the best movie of 2008 in my opinion. Iron man still holds the spot for me.

Too much hype surrounding it and let's be frank, most people went to see it because of morbid curiosity.

Oh all of a sudden Heath Ledger (God rest his soul) is this phenomenal actor. *rolleye*

He did exactly what he did in brokeback mountain, gave himself to the character. Too bad people started noticing what a good actor he was after he died.

I'll say one thing though, after watching HL's Joker, I am so freaking embarrassed for Jack Nicholson. Now, his Joker was a joker, joker. . . over the top much? Jeez!

Anyhoo, let me ask the most important question -  Was I the only one who wanted to jump into the screen and grab the handsome, hunkalicious man called CHRISTIAN BALE ?

Jeebus! What that guy can do in a freaking suit! Everytime they showed him , I died and went to heaven. My God! What a fine specieman of Man. God must have spent a little bit more time on him. (I hate n'sync or backstreet boys or whoever sang that song but I just have to use That line)

I love 'im, I love 'im, I loooove 'im!! grin
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by iice(f): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2008
Sisikill:

It was good but not the best movie of 2008 in my opinion. Iron man still holds the spot for me.

Too much hype surrounding it and let's be frank, most people went to see it because of morbid curiosity.

Oh all of a sudden Heath Ledger (God rest his soul) is this phenomenal actor. *rolleye*

He did exactly what he did in brokeback mountain, gave himself to the character. Too bad people started noticing what a good actor he was after he died.

I'll say one thing though, after watching HL's Joker, I am so freaking embarrassed for Jack Nicholson. Now, his Joker was a joker, joker. . . over the top much? Jeez!

Anyhoo, let me ask the most important question - Was I the only one who wanted to jump into the screen and grab the handsome, hunkalicious man called CHRISTIAN BALE ?

Jeebus! What that guy can do in a freaking suit! Everytime they showed him , I died and went to heaven. My God! What a fine specieman of Man. God must have spent a little bit more time on him. (I hate n'sync or backstreet boys or whoever sang that song but I just have to use That line)

I love 'im, I love 'im, I loooove 'im!! grin

I always thought he was great actor in the making but not until seeing brokeback and then i knew he had arrived. He was what made that movie for me.

Chaiii i think maybe because many people expected more from the movie due to the hype. For the most part i don't like to follow hypes - they have a habit of doing as well as one expects. I love this movie maybe because am a chronic batman fan, he can almost do no wrong if in the hands of the right people [s]forget batman forever and batman & robin[/s]. Besides it's dark which is how i like my movies cheesy and thankfully there wasn't a dragged out romance crap between bruce and rachel.

Errhhhh prepare to defend yourself - That's TOH's man tongue
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by bgees(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2008
today, i heard it smashed the all-time box office records. beating spiderman 2 and other great movies.
but why wasnt BATMAN BEGINS successful? it was a cool movie too.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by morpheus24: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2008
'll tell you guys this. That joker character scared the B-Jesus out of me. Trust me he wasn't no joker in terms of jack nicholsons performance or the joker in the batman cartoons. Quite creepy

Hats of to Ledger. It was a good performance but did't blow me away enought to deserve an oscar.

Sorry ledge just being honest. R.I.P
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Sisikill: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
iice:

I always thought he was great actor in the making but not until seeing brokeback and then i knew he had arrived. He was what made that movie for me.

[b]Chaiii i think maybe because many people expected more from the movie due to the hype. For the most part i don't like to follow hypes - they have a habit of doing as well as one expects. [/b]I love this movie maybe because am a chronic batman fan, he can almost do no wrong if in the hands of the right people [s]forget batman forever and batman & robin[/s]. Besides it's dark which is how i like my movies cheesy and thankfully there wasn't a dragged out romance crap between bruce and rachel.

Errhhhh prepare to defend yourself - That's TOH's man tongue

Exactly! I usually don't watched hyped movies until months or even years later ( I just saw Da Vinci Code last month) My brother got 7 free tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday, so we all packed ourselves like sardines and went to see it.

Okay, why do ya have to go bring up Batman and Robin? I erased the crap from my head 2 secs after I saw it. What nonsense? undecided

I don't know where TOH is coming from ooh but as for me, everybody and their mama knows the boy is mine! However, I am willing to go medievel on her. . . I challenged her to a duel! Yes, that's right I'm throwing down the gauntlet. Errr. . . maybe I should find my second first before I start opening my mouth.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Sisikill: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2008
morpheus24:

'll tell you guys this. That joker character scared the B-Jesus out of me. Trust me he wasn't no joker in terms of jack nicholsons performance or the joker in the batman cartoons. Quite creepy

Hats of to Ledger. It was a good performance but did't blow me away enought to deserve an oscar.

Sorry ledge just being honest. R.I.P

My thoughts exactly but you know they are gonna give it to him. . . one of those postmortem whachumacallit. I love how Americans like to "canonize" people after they are dead.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
Sisikill:

My thoughts exactly but you know they are going to give it to him. . . one of those postmortem whachumacallit. I love how Americans like to "canonize" people after they are dead.

Gotta agree. I haven't watched it though, probably wouldn't watch it until God knows when, but Heath's hotter than Christian tongue
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
At last someone else agrees with me that most of the hype around this film is because of Heath Ledger's death. He's a good actor but that's about it . . .
I might have to see it because someone else is suggesting we go see it together if not . . . i'd rather watch nollywood.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Gamine(f): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2008
Sisi,

Fallacy upon Fallacy

Christian Bale is Hotter ooh

Heath ke, bless his soul
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by KarmaMod(f): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
seems like sisi wants to die angry

He's been mine since he was Patrick Bateman in American Psycho

I AM the reason he gained weight back from The Machinist.

HE LOVES ME DAMMIT.

kiss Bale

I have to talk to him about that raspy voice bullshit though.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

seems like sisi wants to die angry

He's been mine since he was Patrick Bateman in American Psycho

I AM the reason he gained weight back from The Machinist.

HE LOVES ME DAMMIT.

kiss Bale

I have to talk to him about that raspy voice bullshit though.

no comment. grin
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by motunrayo4(f): 3:15am On Jul 22, 2008
UMUMUMMMMMMMM. . . .Christian Bale is sooo very sexy. I love him. . . I cant wait to see the movie tomorrow
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 3:32am On Jul 22, 2008
I love those eyes

Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 22, 2008
Actually a lot better than i thot. Heath Ledger? Fantastic performance!!!
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by KarmaMod(f): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2008
Oh so you finally enjoyed a movie eh?

We thank God tongue
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by iice(f): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2008
Sisikill:

Exactly! I usually don't watched hyped movies until months or even years later ( I just saw Da Vinci Code last month) My brother got 7 free tickets for the midnight showing on Thursday, so we all packed ourselves like sardines and went to see it.

Okay, why do ya have to go bring up Batman and Robin? I erased the crap from my head 2 secs after I saw it. What nonsense?   undecided

I don't know where TOH is coming from ooh but as for me, everybody and their mama knows the boy is mine! However, I am willing to go medievel on her. . . I challenged her to a duel! Yes, that's right I'm throwing down the gauntlet. Errr. . .  maybe I should find my second first before I start opening my mouth.

Hmmm really? I watch them ooo just that i don't like to base my expectations on what people say unless the person is someone i know who has the same taste in movies as i or atleast knows what he/she is talking about.

Actually i think Heath's performance was awesome and not because of the hype, but because he made the the joker alive for me.  Joker isn't a favorite villain of mine but after this movie, am liking the warpness of the joker.  He usually tends to be too comical in the cartoons well almost all the time.  He tried to tone his comic ways down and be more serious like the batman but it became darker and him trying to not be slapstick funny made him even funnier - In the cartoon that is.

Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2008
KarmaMod:

Oh so you finally enjoyed a movie eh?

We thank God tongue

lol i almost didnt go but i'm glad i did. I didnt even blink for more than 2 hours. grin That says something about the movie.
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2008
I told yall it was "perfect".
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by motunrayo4(f): 3:28am On Jul 23, 2008
All I can say is. . . . . ZZZDDDDDAAAAAYYYMMMMM!

And Christian Bale and I need to get married already tongue lipsrsealed
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by iice(f): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2008
who are all these ones suddenly clamoring for Bale? tongue grin grin
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Gamine(f): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2008
Heath dosnt have a defined face.

Christain Bale is definitely higher up the chain of smoking hot.

Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 1:05am On Jul 24, 2008
Heath is fine too. Go and watch the movie "The Knights Tale".

Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by iice(f): 2:12am On Jul 24, 2008
Ughh didnt like the knight's tale, the only person i liked there was Paul Bettany cheesy
In Casanova he was the pretty boy tongue
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 24, 2008
iice:

I wonder cheesy tongue
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by HCH3COO: 2:32am On Jul 24, 2008
Joker was a straight up killer.  Don't remember ever seeing joker that wild; he was straight psycho.  Heath absolutely went out with a badda bang!
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by SeanT21(f): 2:41am On Jul 24, 2008
iice:

Ughh didnt like the knight's tale, the only person i liked there was Paul Bettany cheesy
In Casanova he was the pretty boy tongue

The knights tale was amusing.

Heath was looking so damn FINE!!AWW!!

R.I.P Heath Ledger
Re: The Dark Knight: The Best Movie Of 08 by motunrayo4(f): 3:49am On Jul 24, 2008
iice:

I'm not going to lie but I didnt even know who Christian was up until all the Dark Knight hype tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audition Organized By The Tinsel Crew, Who Knows More? / Can Someone Help Me With This... / Who's Watching Sense8?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.